Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default HABIT ROUGE DRESS CODE 2017 EDP: Great Deal Today @ Fragrancenet!

Hello Men,

I posted this in the "online shopping" forum, but these kinds of deals go fast and I was afraid it wouldn't get many views over there (so mods, I apologize and after a day or two feel free to delete this if you see fit)

Anyway, you can basically get a brand new bottle of Dress Code for $31 today. That's a good deal.

Here's the link to my thread in the shopping forum which has a link to the sale.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cologne by Chanel

Default Re: HABIT ROUGE DRESS CODE 2017 EDP: Great Deal Today @ Fragrancenet!

Thanks for the heads up, and yes I think this is not going to last long!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, and yes I think this is not going to last long!
    I picked up two: One for myself and one to either sell later on eBay or to a Basenotes bud who missed out on it but wants one.

I used to own Dress Code but sold it. But it's a really good fragrance, and at $31 it's a no-brainer. Apparently there is little if any difference between the 2015,16,17,and 18 versions.

Thank you very much for this, BB. Jumped on it.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Thanks. This doesn’t sound at all up my alley but for that price I’m willing to try.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerUndercover View Post
    Thanks. This doesn’t sound at all up my alley but for that price I’m willing to try.
    I’d be careful then. If you don’t like rose or powdery scents you should avoid it.

A great fragrance and a great deal!
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory88 View Post
    Thank you very much for this, BB. Jumped on it.
    Nice! I’m glad you could get one!

GPYA37 is the code for 37% off.
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread

Funny, I just ordered this from Fragrancenet last week and it arrived yesterday. Mine came in a plain white box with no cap, but it did include the cardboard collar for the nozzle. This is a nice one, based on my first wearing of it. I haven't tried the original so I can't compare them, but it brings to mind a more rounded and modern version of Antaeus. I dig this.

Basenotes Junkie

LOL, when I saw this I immediately went over to Fragrancenet to grab a bottle, but ...

I have a 2016 bottle that's 90% full and will probably last me a lifetime. So I'm going to let others get one to enjoy. No sense in hording what I don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I’d be careful then. If you don’t like rose or powdery scents you should avoid it.
    I really enjoy rose. It's the praline and vanilla that gave me pause. If anything it will be a unique scent for my small collection. As someone predicted, they are out now. Thanks again for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerUndercover View Post
    I really enjoy rose. It's the praline and vanilla that gave me pause. If anything it will be a unique scent for my small collection. As someone predicted, they are out now. Thanks again for the heads up.
    Oh, you'll probably like it then. The praline and vanilla are tastefully done, restrained enough so they don't become cloying or anything.

Enjoy!

Oh, you'll probably like it then. The praline and vanilla are tastefully done, restrained enough so they don't become cloying or anything.

Enjoy!
    That's great to hear. Can't wait to try it out.

FYI, they still have them in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeStiebs View Post
    GPYA37 is the code for 37% off.
    Yessir. Used it on this order.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Basenotes Plus

Nice. Been interested in the Dress Code range for a while. Kind of weary, not sure how much different it is than regular EdP - which I enjoy, but not quite enough love to keep.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Aoud Exclusif by Mancera

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Nice. Been interested in the Dress Code range for a while. Kind of weary, not sure how much different it is than regular EdP - which I enjoy, but not quite enough love to keep.
    It's very different. Much more gourmand. The praline note is significant.

Smile Re: HABIT ROUGE DRESS CODE 2017 EDP: Great Deal Today @ Fragrancenet!

Got one to try. Have a few guerlains including the l'eau version of habit rouge. Curious to see how it works..Of course had to add another fragrance for shipping purposes

Meanwhile it is changed into Habit Rouge EDP
    Last edited by Trauerkraut; 25th February 2019 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    Meanwhile it is changed into Habit Rouge EDP

Look harder! It’s right there!

Yeah, it's listed as one of the options under the EDP, not as a separate fragrance.

Need to wear this a few more times to really get to know it, but it's not like anything else I have on my wardrobe. I'm glad I picked it up; too many times in the past I have blind bought something only to have it be somewhat similar to what I already own. This doesn't feel redundant at all to me, so I'm pretty happy with it.

Found it! Thanx!

I'm likely in the minority, but I absolutely can't stand Habit Rouge.. it smells like an overdose of bergamot oil and that's about it for a couple hours before a generic dry down. Ofc, I know first hand that flankers can smell nothing like their originals. The notes on this look interesting, but if it's said to be a powdery and rose heavy, I doubt I would like it. I think praline, although an interesting note, teeters on feminine, as does caramel, and I find the 2 notes similar. Praline may have more of a nutty quality, but so far, I have not found it to be appealing in any men's frags.

This looks like a lot of people will be enjoying their purchase of this, and congrats to them. Just don't think it's for me, as much as I wanna try new stuff.

Come to think of it. I did sample on of the Dress Code's just not sure which. I remember I didn't like the opening, but the dry down is where I noticed the praline which sort of astonished me to dry down with a note like that. I can't remember if I like it or not, I'll have to look at see if I wrote a review.
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional

That is indeed a great deal. I'm hesitant though, as from what I understand this is more gourmand then regular Habit Rouge right? I love the rose, powderines and guerlinade in HR, but I would be more interested for a more floral and summery vibe, than a HR that goes more in a Gourmand direction.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nokia 6.1 met Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Knize Ten by Knize

Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    That is indeed a great deal. I'm hesitant though, as from what I understand this is more gourmand then regular Habit Rouge right? I love the rose, powderines and guerlinade in HR, but I would be more interested for a more floral and summery vibe, than a HR that goes more in a Gourmand direction.

Have you sampled Habit Rouge L'Eau ? Citrus, vanilla, guerlinade, with a hint of praline nuttiness and a light patchouli in the base.
    So far, April has delivered snow, hail and sleet : Hermes Equipage and Equipage Geranium; Dior Fahrenheit, Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo, Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme; Knize Knize Ten, Etro Gomma; Knize Knize Sec, Piguet Casbah. Celebrating the arrival of Spring with Penhaligon's Ostara and Piguet Futur.
    Currently wearing: Bayrhum-Vetiver by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I'm likely in the minority, but I absolutely can't stand Habit Rouge.. it smells like an overdose of bergamot oil and that's about it for a couple hours before a generic dry down. Ofc, I know first hand that flankers can smell nothing like their originals. The notes on this look interesting, but if it's said to be a powdery and rose heavy, I doubt I would like it. I think praline, although an interesting note, teeters on feminine, as does caramel, and I find the 2 notes similar. Praline may have more of a nutty quality, but so far, I have not found it to be appealing in any men's frags.

This looks like a lot of people will be enjoying their purchase of this, and congrats to them. Just don't think it's for me, as much as I wanna try new stuff.

Come to think of it. I did sample on of the Dress Code's just not sure which. I remember I didn't like the opening, but the dry down is where I noticed the praline which sort of astonished me to dry down with a note like that. I can't remember if I like it or not, I'll have to look at see if I wrote a review.
    It definitely has that ‘French’ powdery quality in the dry down that I know you are not a fan of. I think you’d probably like aspects of this but ultimately find it unwearable. Matter of fact, I think it was a “mystery sample” I sent you a long time ago. I’m like 75% sure of this... I wish I had some PM’s saved so I could go back and check but they’re probably long erased.

You’re a good candidate then for Habit Rouge Sport. It’s a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by incense+heliotrope View Post
    Have you sampled Habit Rouge L'Eau ? Citrus, vanilla, guerlinade, with a hint of praline nuttiness and a light patchouli in the base.
    No I didn't yet, but it is indeed on my radar to sample. Didn't come across this one in the department stores yet though, so maybe I will just order a sample sometime soon.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

That is indeed a great deal.
    Yes - can't imagine it will last long.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

You’re a good candidate then for Habit Rouge Sport. It’s a good one!
    Thanks, this one is also going on the sample list (even though I normally try to stay away from fragrances with Sport in the name. I gues for HR I can make an exception)