Code of Conduct

Default Polo from France

Hey,

a few days ago, I bought a Polo.
    I have readed fragrantica and basenotes, but it's complicated.
    It is my Polo.
    Attachment 97393
    Attachment 97394
    Attachment 97395
    I suppose thats from 1982, but I am not sure. Would You mind to help?

Basenotes Plus

Default Polo from France

I’ve never seen a vintage Polo box or bottle with silver colored lettering as opposed to gold colored lettering.

Here’s a Basenotes thread in which someone shares pics of their “Paris” bottle.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/458...er-version-%29

Good luck!

Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Default Re: Polo from France

Hello,
    It's excact same as mine. Same batch-code. It's 1981. Congrats on that one
    Martin
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

Many thanks guys!
    So, batch UF means 1981, SD means 1982?

Quote Originally Posted by leandros View Post
    Many thanks guys!
    So, batch UF means 1981, SD means 1982?
    Oh sorry, Mine has number SD1H. '1' refers to year, so 1=1981.

Good
    I compared that Polo with Cosmair 3-digts. Older Polo has less power at the beginning, but is more "dark-green", looks like have more ingrediens. Like Kouros Paris vs Parfums Corp.

Good
    I compared that Polo with Cosmair 3-digts. Older Polo has less power at the beginning, but is more "dark-green", looks like have more ingrediens. Like Kouros Paris vs Parfums Corp.
    Yes, I get what you're saying. Mine was beautifully preserved, but we must remember that the way our vtg perfumes smell now, is not the way they smelled 30-40 years ago.
    Something will always have changed, especially the top-notes. With that in mind, I was still impressed with the old Polo. It smells REALLY good.
    Because of age and storage, it opened with a brief mix of alcohol and citrusses that quickly disappeared, and then it settled and was great.
    I decanted it all into a clean perfume-bottle and then decanted it back into it's own bottle (to let air into the mix), then I let it breathe for an hour with the cap off and then I applied it again. It smelled much better this time. Really beautiful. Woods, rose, chamomile, pine, oakmoss, tobacco and a little bit leather....everything awesome. It also has a slightly waxy/candle-like note, like walk into a church where all the candles are lit. I love that!

i have done exactly the same, coz my Polo is splash too. New and fresh small glass bottle and I can explore the whole power of Polo.
    Yes, the woods, pine, oakmoss - wonderful mix.
    Now I am happy, coz I tested a Polo from european Warner, Cosmair(3 and 5 digts), some new juice and I am sure, that only Warner and Cosmair are able to wear. They are strong, real oakmoss and power of components.

i have done exactly the same, coz my Polo is splash too. New and fresh small glass bottle and I can explore the whole power of Polo.
    Yes, the woods, pine, oakmoss - wonderful mix.
    Now I am happy, coz I tested a Polo from european Warner, Cosmair(3 and 5 digts), some new juice and I am sure, that only Warner and Cosmair are able to wear. They are strong, real oakmoss and power of components.
    Good to hear! A little tip: If you, like me, want it in spray-form but want to use it's original splash bottle, then get an atomizer with same measurement as the cap and screw that on, and then you can spray using the original splash-bottle.

Thanks for tip, but is hard to find an atomizer with same measurement as the cap.
    I have a little bit similar problem with Drakkar Noir, the atomiseur didn't work. The hole through which the fluid flies was maybe clogged or sth and the fragrance just flow up beyond the atomiseur. It was unbelievably difficult to find atomizer cup which fit quiet good.

My recent score on eBay has just arrived: almost full vintage bottle of "Made in France" Polo with plastic top. Batch code UH6C (does this mean 1986??) Smells heavenly. I've been on a bit of a vintage Polo hoarding streak lately :-)
    IMG_4179.jpgIMG_4178.jpgIMG_4177.jpg