Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Dry (or semi-dry) fragrances with strong anise and/or clove notes

Another for Guerlain Lui

The original version of Roja NUWA is a heavy cumin and clove fragrance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

L'Instant de Guerlain
    Aramis Tuscany
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Basenotes Plus

I love clove. Caron Third Man for nice clove. The new Musc Ravageur has had the cloves stripped out of it, so I'd stay away from that. Bonheur by Bortnikoff is a clove beauty. Costume National Homme is a clove spice frag.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Jacomo de Jacomo
    Currently wearing: Bright Neroli by Ferrari

Basenotes Institution

Grev by Slumberhouse
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
    Jacomo de Jacomo
    This one has gotten so many mentions in this thread that I feel like, with the price being what it is, I need to make this one my next purchase.
    Last edited by Brooks Otterlake; 7th March 2019 at 08:17 PM.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap List

Current Favorites
    Aramis Havana, Aramis Tuscany, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Remy Latour Cigar, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

Basenotes Institution

When I was at the Le Labo boutique this weekend to smell the new Miami 'exclusive' (Tabac 28) I encountered a wonderful room fragrance that smells like a green, fresh anise note. I fell in love with it. The SA said people buy the Home Fragrance sprays and wear them on skin all the time.

If you like anise notes you should try it. I can't wait to sample it on skin again. Although, probably a better option would be the candle...

"When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Currently wearing: Havana by Aramis

Vintage Guerlain L’Heure Bleue!
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    When I was at the Le Labo boutique this weekend to smell the new Miami 'exclusive' (Tabac 28) I encountered a wonderful room fragrance that smells like a green, fresh anise note. I fell in love with it. The SA said people buy the Home Fragrance sprays and wear them on skin all the time.

If you like anise notes you should try it. I can't wait to sample it on skin again. Although, probably a better option would be the candle...

Interesting. I'll look into this one!
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap List

Current Favorites
    Aramis Havana, Aramis Tuscany, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Remy Latour Cigar, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

+1 for Caron Third Man for a phenomenal floral clove.

For a nice niche clove and anise try Olim by Trudon - has bags of both.

Possibly also Brut for a cheapie but goodie anise with lavender barbershop fougere.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Rive Gauche PH in tin can , Azzaro PH ( both a similar vibe and true classics)
    Someone mentioned Kenzoair, which could be worth seeking out if you like subtle and minimalist liquorice and vetiver.

Basenotes Plus

If you want to go whole-hog for an entire vat of anise and cloves, there's only one answer:

Jungle L'Elephant

But it is NOT for the timid.