Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Today I bought March 2019

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Only the EDT, I prefer original releases and formulations if available.

Dior Vetiver is much smoother and refined compared to Sycomore EDT. In fact on Fragrantica, only two notes are listed: vetiver and coffee. Definitely worth trying.

I'm sure your dad enjoyed the quality of that vintage Guerlain Vetiver, much better and higher quality ingredients back then for sure. I haven't smelled an earlier formulation. That's something on my list to try. What concentration have you tried and own?

Without digging in the closet, edt, I think. Will see if the Dior is available here. Sounds interesting. Thanks.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon
    Currently wearing: Alien by Thierry Mugler

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Un Jardin Sur La Lagune by Hermes 100ml EDP

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

A New House - All Six by Akro - Smoke, Malt, Night, Haze, Awake, and Dark 100ml EDP

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Narciso Rodriguez Narciso Rouge

Narciso Rodriguez for her Fleur Musc

Yardley April Violets
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

Basenotes Plus

....................................near the old Reading RR Line

Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Found in a thrift store, Chanel Sycomore edp. Looks like about 40 ml in the (75ml) bottle. This is the first time I had a chance to compare the edp with the edt. In a nutshell, the edt had more of a complex ”foresty” aura evoking to my imagination cold northern forests sparkling at night, while the edp seems like a straight-up vetiver scent. Still very nice as I like vetiver a lot.

Attachment 99299
    Not a huge fan of this one BUT, what a find!!! When I discover a Chanel [which has only happened once] I would buy no matter what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by thekelleybelle View Post
    I just blind-bought Black Perfecto EdP last month and I'm in love. A rose in a leather jacket? Yes, please. Enjoy!
    My husband bought this for me not too long ago. It was a blind buy which turned out well. Frankly, I just fell in love the bottle - the scent turning out nice, was a boon.

Haven't bought much fragrance lately, except for my recent thrift shop buys: Red Giorgio Beverly Hills, Organza Indecence, Emeraude, Citrus Bloom by Mark, and an unknown oddball I have yet to spray...

Today, I pulled the trigger on a tester bottle of Oil Fiction by JHAG. I figured at 95 bucks, I'd better get one before they were sold out.
    Currently wearing: Beautiful by Estée Lauder

Still one more tonight - Winter Palace by Memo 75ml EDP

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Still one more tonight - Winter Palace by Memo 75ml EDP

Congrats hednic
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

Blog Entries

28AFE871-93C8-47F3-B974-50F3C07A109A.jpeg
    (Well actually it was yesterday...)

This is my second fb of No.5, in EDT form this time; my current bottle is EDP.

First impressions: I found this to be closer to the No.5 I remember sitting on my grandmother’s vanity in the 80s (probably purchased in the 60s) when compared side-by-side with the EDP. It’s lovely, warm, and a little brighter than the EDP, but it just doesn’t quite send me to olfactory heaven in the same way. There’s something just so intoxicatingly clean, yet rich and comforting, in the EDP that the EDT seems to lack.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by PeachieOs View Post
    28AFE871-93C8-47F3-B974-50F3C07A109A.jpeg
    (Well actually it was yesterday...)

This is my second fb of No.5, in EDT form this time; my current bottle is EDP.

First impressions: I found this to be closer to the No.5 I remember sitting on my grandmother’s vanity in the 80s (probably purchased in the 60s) when compared side-by-side with the EDP. It’s lovely, warm, and a little brighter than the EDP, but it just doesn’t quite send me to olfactory heaven in the same way. There’s something just so intoxicatingly clean, yet rich and comforting, in the EDP that the EDT seems to lack.
    I've never smelled vintage No 5 before so I can't elaborate. A wonderful find congrats!
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

I bought a large ( 8ml) decant of Cuir mauresque and the same size of Santal de mysore. Both from Serge Lutens