Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Creed Aventus was obviously made by...

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    #grail

send us a sample! pls
    Oh! I only bought the sample even $400 is a bit much for even me with an unknown

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad the shipping is supposedly arriving sometime in April eBay suggests

Quote Originally Posted by aroma.styles View Post
    Oh! I only bought the sample even $400 is a bit much for even me with an unknown

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad the shipping is supposedly arriving sometime in April eBay suggests
    it wasn't the 'decant' seller in Azerbaijan is it? because i don't believe that's the real perfume just a clone oil.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

it wasn't the 'decant' seller in Azerbaijan is it? because i don't believe that's the real perfume just a clone oil.
    Yeah it's not real I didn't read the fine print saying it's 'close to the original' bah, seller isn't stating these are perfume 'types'. Sneaky sneaky. Thanks for the heads up.

- - - Updated - - -

He refunded me like 5 minutes later, lol good. He says "Thanks, but this item identical how authentic and long Lasting we use 35-45% extract. Thank you again."

What is this 'extract' mean exactly?

Wow the connection between Bourdon and Aventus grew a bit stronger, he likely mentored Herault as they were both working for Canali at that time, but we can't take one man's Fragrantica post with more than a grain of salt, because someone on another website compared this same fragrance with Lalique White, and two people on Fragrantica compare it to Creed - White Amber. however, that is another Creed connection, so uhhh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by aroma.styles View Post
    Yeah it's not real I didn't read the fine print saying it's 'close to the original' bah, seller isn't stating these are perfume 'types'. Sneaky sneaky. Thanks for the heads up.

- - - Updated - - -

He refunded me like 5 minutes later, lol good. He says "Thanks, but this item identical how authentic and long Lasting we use 35-45% extract. Thank you again."

What is this 'extract' mean exactly?
    As I mentioned earlier its a GCMS reproduction that the seller was trying to pass off as a decant. Given that we don't know what the original is supposed to smell like in the first place and the sellers location its not something I'd recommend taking a chance with, same goes for his other account that is listing the retail bottle with who knows what inside. The 'extract' reference more than likely means they use a higher concentration of clone oils (ie extrait level) but either way its still not the real deal.

Had a word with a few chaps and literally none of them have heard of this scent at all, let alone smelled it. I posted in a thread in the main forum here to see what kicks or if hednic had it in his vast collection and that seems a no go as well.

The mystery deepens...

one guy who is active had/has it but his PMs are full
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing...

Fascinating - about three years ago I decided to go on my own fragrance journey and discover the fragrances of Pierre Bourdon, whose French Lover I wore as a signature scent since it was launched until they did something horrible to it on a reformulation. On the way I discovered Thé Brun - which I wear to this day. It's a complete delight. And then one day I smelled Aventus and the penny dropped - they must have been done by the same person - there's too much shared DNA. I'm no PB fanboy. I've always loathed GIT from the moment I smelled it over 15 years ago and the same goes for Cool Water. It's only recently that I've realised that I'm super sensitive to Ambroxan/Di Hydro Myrcenol - it's why I've never been able to stomach all the Sauvage/Bleu de Chanel types. PB is probably single handedly responsible for the abomination of Ambroxan flooding the fragrance market in fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Been trying to track down bottles of the Canali Men scents for ages as part of PB investigations - I must renew my efforts.
    Currently wearing: L'Anarchiste by Caron

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan45 View Post
    Fascinating - about three years ago I decided to go on my own fragrance journey and discover the fragrances of Pierre Bourdon, whose French Lover I wore as a signature scent since it was launched until they did something horrible to it on a reformulation. On the way I discovered Thé Brun - which I wear to this day. It's a complete delight. And then one day I smelled Aventus and the penny dropped - they must have been done by the same person - there's too much shared DNA. I'm no PB fanboy. I've always loathed GIT from the moment I smelled it over 15 years ago and the same goes for Cool Water. It's only recently that I've realised that I'm super sensitive to Ambroxan/Di Hydro Myrcenol - it's why I've never been able to stomach all the Sauvage/Bleu de Chanel types. PB is probably single handedly responsible for the abomination of Ambroxan flooding the fragrance market in fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Been trying to track down bottles of the Canali Men scents for ages as part of PB investigations - I must renew my efforts.
    It's Dihydromyrcenol you're smelling that is turning you off likely, it's a metallic overbearing lavender note, I dislike lavender quite a bit and I dislike GIT just the same. Ambroxan is probably the least offensive thing you could list of almost any aroma chemical, it's basically woody clean laundry.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for sharing, the resonance really is quite clear between the two.

Please update us if you track down a Canali. I spoke to the company themselves and they said the fragrance was discontinued a while ago.

Interesting - I think it must be the dihydromyrcenol that's the killer for me. That's what makes me laugh about people raving about GIT and being all so natural and a walk in the countryside, given the starring turn of a synthetic molecule. Perhaps I'm doing Ambroxan a disservice to lump it together. Yet I love real quality lavender, Caron PUH has to be in my top ten, if not higher and I'm pretty sure that uses real lavenders.
    Currently wearing: L'Anarchiste by Caron

Interesting - I think it must be the dihydromyrcenol that's the killer for me. That's what makes me laugh about people raving about GIT and being all so natural and a walk in the countryside, given the starring turn of a synthetic molecule. Perhaps I'm doing Ambroxan a disservice to lump it together. Yet I love real quality lavender, Caron PUH has to be in my top ten, if not higher and I'm pretty sure that uses real lavenders.
    Yeah DHM is one of the most polarizing aroma chemicals in perfumery, some can't live without it and some can't live with it. It's not so much a real lavender, more of a fraction of lavender that gives that metallic pungent smell, like window cleaner (Windex). I just smelled it and yep it's window cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Great find. On the topic of AI and fragrances:

Sauvage hit me with the "This wasn't entirely designed by a human" vibes when I inhaled it due to how its all put together as it feels like surgically sliced accords of others scents stitched together to create an olfactory Frankenstein designed to get people running to the tills as it just has that feel in spades. There is something about the composition that seems off in the same way that that a drum machine can't capture the pocket/groove that a real player can no matter how good it sounds because the imperfections themselves are what make you move by catching your ear but thats another topic for another thread...

Back to the Big 3 and their Creed puppet show:

The automated database thing really makes a lot of sense and with the right input could be used like a olfactive version of Photoshop in that you could feed in any old basic ass formula and it would tinker it, apply a sheen and pop out a very niched up rendition of the same basic idea at the end and that, ladies and gentlemen, is what master perfumer Oliiver Creed has done again and again with the numerous compositions to his name

I do think that between our contributions in this thread we've actually gone beyond the "Who made Aventus" question and hit the "Who made Creed" target bang in the middle because all of these little bits and pieces of info certainly seem to point in one direction and it just feels like it makes sense with all the parties involved.

Great work folks.
    You are obviously not an artist. You seem to have a strong desire to be "in the know", and to mingle with artists though. Your idea that you can just feed a machine information and it will spit out high level art is downright naïve.

Quote Originally Posted by CutSmut View Post
    You are obviously not an artist. You seem to have a strong desire to be "in the know", and to mingle with artists though. Your idea that you can just feed a machine information and it will spit out high level art is downright naïve.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E62iA6KCIQ

Might try to track down a bottle of The Brun if it's the missing link in the puzzle. Anybody else have that one?

It's not oil, it's literally watered down fragrance.Never buy fragrance decants from the Azerbaijan sellers on ebay, bonanza, etsy, etc. It's absolutely a scam and you'll receive ruined juice from them, like I and several others here, have.
    Last edited by Hothamwater; 16th April 2019 at 07:11 AM.