Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New Fragrance: Gucci Guilty Cologne Pour Homme - has anyone tested it yet?

Hi All,

Has anyone tested the new Gucci Guilty Cologne Pour Homme? I can't find much on it online...

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...mme-53867.html

https://www.gucci.com/uk/en_gb/pr/fr...ens-Fragrances

Apparently Alberto Morillas is the nose behind this new scent - if I'm not mistaken he also did Guilty Absolute - which I loved!

Any thoughts?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: New Fragrance: Gucci Guilty Cologne Pour Homme - has anyone tested it yet?

Became aware of it a week ago when it was first announced. Will at the least try it when it reaches the Gucci boutiques.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: New Fragrance: Gucci Guilty Cologne Pour Homme - has anyone tested it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Became aware of it a week ago when it was first announced. Will at the least try it when it reaches the Gucci boutiques.
    Me too! Like the sound of this a lot. Thanks for the tip off.

I bought a bottle few weeks ago, blind.

By the way, I don't recommend doing this with Guilty Cologne Pour Homme, it's not as safe and generic as it.might seem to be.

The opening is very medicinal and herbaceous, nauseating and almost off-putting. It's actually a soapy floral with a light woodsy background. A friend of mine says it reminds him of a fresh made laundry or of a laundry powder. I can't smell any of these. Once it starts drying down it changes into herbal soap with a little twist of woods. Overall I guess I've smelled this before but it's not stereotypical in any way.

Longevity on my skin is 9+ hours and the projection is quite poor.

I'm tossing and turning - keep it or sell it. I might give it some chances in high heat and humidity. For now - rather a dissapointment for me.
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Risky! I like it!

Absolute Pour Homme and Absolute Pour Femme were both great. I think I'll appreciate this one.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Wanted by Night by Azzaro

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

More colognes. I’m here for this trend.

Actually, the herbal, EdC with a dry earthy base is kind of what Icon feels like for me. Kind of in the vein of Le Petit Grain and Granville.
    Exciting times.

Herbaceous, woody, soapy, medicinal. Sounds good to me, although SMN’s Sandalo Cologne was a bit to medicinal for me. It works wonderfully in the soap. Must revisit that.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

Anyone has new inputs on that one?

Any comparison with the new Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Cool?

The heliotrope is strong on this one - when it comes to that note, I prefer Helmut Lang Cologne or Boy de Chanel.
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    Anyone has new inputs on that one?

Any comparison with the new Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Cool?
    They are different fragrances absolutely.

The Gucci is quite sweet, with a niche woody vibe.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Quote Originally Posted by Martin_ View Post
    I bought a bottle few weeks ago, blind.

By the way, I don't recommend doing this with Guilty Cologne Pour Homme, it's not as safe and generic as it.might seem to be.

The opening is very medicinal and herbaceous, nauseating and almost off-putting. It's actually a soapy floral with a light woodsy background. A friend of mine says it reminds him of a fresh made laundry or of a laundry powder.
    +1 This stuff is not good at all imo……
    Smells like a strange green sharp chemical mess to me for hrs and hrs and doesn't change into something 'nice' unfortunately.
    Sharp laundry powder smell (as said in quoted post) is indeed a good description.
    Not recommended imo as there are tons of real good green fresh fragrances instead of this.
    My Top '11' :

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Tom Ford: Ombré Leather
    - Guerlain: Héritage (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraîcheur)
    - Armani: Acqua di Gio Profumo
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - Amouage: Interlude

Quote Originally Posted by Arij View Post
    The heliotrope is strong on this one - when it comes to that note, I prefer Helmut Lang Cologne or Boy de Chanel.
    Got me curious. I've got some Chanel Boy samples- I have to test them side by side.
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Tried it, sort of a chemical mess indeed, absolutely not worth it.
    50 sprays a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread
    Currently wearing: Castile by Penhaligon's

Smelled it a few days ago at Ulta, unique odd smelling but definitely not something I want to smell like another daring Gucci Guilty fragrance.

I found it to be interesting but I don’t really want to wear it myself.

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Tic Tac Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    This was my take on it too. My first impression was "Hhhhmmmmm... this is interesting. Oh, no. Wait. It's a mess. Ugh."

It's easier to hide harsh chemicals when the perfumer is surrounding them with bolder, heavier, darker notes, but those chemicals make themselves known much more easily in lighter, fresher scents.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    CK One
    Fahrenheit
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Prada L'Homme
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Green Irish Tweed
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Pomelo Paradis
    Aqua Celestia
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

I wasn't as harsh on the chemical component but I did feel this sorta rides into more of a "casual hobbyist" sort of field where it is unique and different enough for people looking to be left of center, but obviously not for niche fragheads or vintage enthusiasts. There's just too much obvious artifice here to please anyone looking for naturalism and some pretty odd use of heliotrope to boot. Do I like it? Yes. Do I applaud how risky it is? Yes. Would I wear it? Ehhhhh.... maybe. I'd need more time with it to tell if I could live with something like this in my collection.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Do I like it? Yes. Do I applaud how risky it is? Yes. Would I wear it? Ehhhhh.... maybe. I'd need more time with it to tell if I could live with something like this in my collection.
    Exactly my feelings on this one.

Too bad. I love Gucci Guilty Absolute, but everything else in that line smells like laundry detergent/Axe to me. Would love to see a lighter, fresher take on the "astringent/harsh" aspect of GGA. Not sure how that'd work, but seems like it's not the direction this one is going.

Que scay-je?

It stinks. Yuck.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

LOL! Now I'm intrigued.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Wanted by Night by Azzaro

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Exactly my feelings on this one.
    To me it's artistically-wielded aromchems with old-school florals on top. Steam-punk meets Cyber-punk. Purists hate it. FragArmy bros hate it. But the weirdos who sit in the back of the cafeteria and discuss what would happen if Edmond Roudnitska were still alive and had to use modern captives would contemplate it. (People like me)

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    But the weirdos who sit in the back of the cafeteria and discuss what would happen if Edmond Roudnitska were still alive and had to use modern captives would contemplate it. (People like me)
    People like us

I have tried this one on two separate occasions now, and I have to admit that I am not a fan. I don't know what it is, but there's something very off putting to me. I would say this is not a safe blind buy...at all. Others will disagree of course, but this one wasn't for me.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

People like us

Got to try this today and did not like it. I’m still intrigued enough though to try it again.

Wow, I'm genuinely surprised at how unpopular this scent seems to be here. I was taken aback when I first sniffed it at Macy's a couple of months back. I kept the paper strip with me and over the next few days I'd go back and sniff it a bit more. Every time, I'd like it more and more. I ended up with two bottles. I absolutely love it now. Seeing as it's a bit more daring (like Absolute), I can see this being discontinued sooner rather than later. I'll probably even pick up a third bottle. I really do enjoy it that much.

I dig it because it reminds me of Gucci Envy for Men in a weird way. Kind of like if Envy for Men ever had a lighter flanker this could be close to it...sort of...
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    My first impression was "Hhhhmmmmm... this is interesting. Oh, no. Wait. It's a mess. Ugh."
    This is a pretty accurate way to describe my thoughts after trying it

Quote Originally Posted by TheAndresPerson View Post
    Wow, I'm genuinely surprised at how unpopular this scent seems to be here. I was taken aback when I first sniffed it at Macy's a couple of months back. I kept the paper strip with me and over the next few days I'd go back and sniff it a bit more. Every time, I'd like it more and more. I ended up with two bottles. I absolutely love it now. Seeing as it's a bit more daring (like Absolute), I can see this being discontinued sooner rather than later. I'll probably even pick up a third bottle. I really do enjoy it that much.
    I'm leaning towards this. But I will agree with several of the others here: That middle phase is ROUGH. 45-or-so minutes in, however, and the drydown is a very pleasant, slightly spicy little number.

I also gave Mugler's Alien Man a spin whilst at Macy's, and actually prefer the Gucci.

And FWIW.....Guilty Cologne is now available at Fragrancenet.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Sorry to say that the whole bunch of Gucci Gulty is a terrible mess for me.