Code of Conduct

Default Your Best Choice For Leather Conditioner/Cleaner For Leather Dress Shoes?

Looking for tips on the best leather cleaner and conditioner to keep my shoes in good shape. Lately my leather shoes have white powdery stuff expelling from them happens with multiple pairs. I read online that itís due to essential oils in the leather needing replenishing, how do you handle that and keep them in good shape during the wet winter conditions any tips greatly appreciated. Iím concerned with what brand of products are best and actually do the job and not further ruin the leather.
    Currently wearing: Allure Homme by Chanel

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Default Re: Your Best Choice For Leather Conditioner/Cleaner For Leather Dress Shoes?

I have always had good results with Meltonian shoe and boot cream to condition and polish my leather shoes.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Your Best Choice For Leather Conditioner/Cleaner For Leather Dress Shoes?

Have been using Apple leather care products for years now, does what it claims to do.

44653_lrg.jpg
    "The prettier the rose the fouler the manure"

Have used both of the above with excellent results as well as with Neatsfoot oil. Just depends on the leather type, hue, application, etc. I like the neatsfoot for its conditioning/softening in addition to it acting as a nice preserving agent for leather.

Off-topic..Reminds me of my childhood and treating your fielderís glove with oil (followed up with wrapping the leather around the ball and rubber banding the whole operation overnight ⚾️).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recommending you Meltonian shoe and boot cream is best to condition and polish my leather shoes.