Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
o

Default Re: Luckyscent's Astrological Guide to Fragrance

Last edited by pluran; 29th March 2019 at 12:11 AM.

Yeah, astrology charts are very complicated, which is why these lists are hilariously hit and miss. There’s three signs that are the skeleton upon which the rest of the chart hangs - the sun sign, the moon sign and the rising sign. With those you can go a fair ways, fragrance-wise. The rising sign, which is more your worldly personae (how you interface with the world), actually has a lot of influence on your fragrance choices.

I’m Pisces (the avatar), but like donna255, don’t like aquatic fragrances. Airy ozone and calone aren’t things fish like to swim in. I get my moist goodness from green fragrances. “Independent; notes of ginger, clove and rhubarb”? Yikes! I wouldn’t want those on my scales. Much more Aquarius territory. The only reason we might be misunderstood as independent is we’re kind of boundaryless, and prefer to live in the ocean. If we’re put in a fish pool, we tend to slip back into the ocean. I’m not sure the person who made this list was a Pisces, lol!
    My Aries moon loves adventuresome fragrances (Bandit and Au Coeur du Desért). My Libra rising sign loves harmonious, balanced fragrances and beautiful florals, that are a little abstract and intelligent (X For Women, Mito, Jasmins Marzipane, Ormonde Woman). All three of them love sandalwood! I notice a lot of my likes are kind of Libran.

So I was thinking I’d make up my own list for Pisces:

Dryad -
    Papillon
    Musk Abyadh Attar - Amouage
    L’Arbre - Iunx
    Escala a Parati - Dior
    Narcotic Venus -
    Nasomatto
    Mem - Bogue
    Moonight In Heaven - By Kilian
    L’Heure Bleue - (original)
    Romanza - Masque Milano
    Jicky - Guerlain
    Diorella - Dior
    Putain de Palace - Etat Libre D’Orange
    Womanity - Mugler
    Loves Deep Earthy Musk - (discontinued)
    Myth - Amouage
    Avignon - Comme des Garcons
    L’Heure Perdue - Cartier
    Light Blue - Dolce & Gabbana
    Harem Rose - Forte & Manle
    34 Boulevard Saint Germaine - Diptyque
    Indolis - Areej Le Dore

That was harder than I thought. Many of my favorites cross boundaries, that’s for sure. At a certain point, I wasn’t entirely sure it was just a Pisces vibe I was liking. I think I also missed many I would consider Piscean. I can kind of see the difficulties the listmaker was having.
    Last edited by flathorn; 30th March 2019 at 04:27 PM.
    Currently wearing: Futur by Robert Piguet

thank you for that flathorn! honestly i do have one perfume that totally suits my Sagittarius rising and that is Parfums MDCI Peche Cardinal !! i'm not exactly sure why that is, but this fragrance is definitely more adventurous than what i tend to go for as a virgo sun.

i still think astrology is fun! i'm enjoying myself in this hellscape of a world lmao. i'm literally smelling my wrist and reading my weekly horoscope sipping tea it's lovely

Quote Originally Posted by morning light View Post
    honestly i do have one perfume that totally suits my Sagittarius rising and that is Parfums MDCI Peche Cardinal !! i'm not exactly sure why that is, but this fragrance is definitely more adventurous than what i tend to go for as a virgo sun.
    i still think astrology is fun! i'm enjoying myself in this hellscape of a world lmao. i'm literally smelling my wrist and reading my weekly horoscope sipping tea it's lovely
    The best of all worlds. Thanks for Peche Cardinal, will have to try. I love a nice adventuresome fragrance. I have a Virgo friend who likes Amouage Interlude Woman and wears it a lot.
    Currently wearing: Futur by Robert Piguet

I like Aquarius fragrance, actually. It seems really magnificent to me, although many people find it strange. By the way, I read horoscope aquarius 2020 and it predicted really unexpected things, so I think it's not strange that people find Aquarius strange, hahaha, hope you understand me.

I'm a believer of astrology, but those recommendations and tastes are a complete miss for me.
    Currently wearing: Remember Me by Jovoy

Quote Originally Posted by flathorn View Post
    Why do the Sagittarians get the sandalwood, frankincense, myrrh and rose?
    Because we're the ne plus ultra of astrological signs. I thought that was common knowledge.

That said, I've only ever tried one of the twelve listed, so I have no idea how I feel about their suggestions.
    Currently wearing: Love Kills by Masque

Hmm...I do like Interlude Man and would like to try Diaghilev, but other than that I don't see anything listed for Pisceans that is of any interest to me. Okay, perhaps Black by CDG is something I should try as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    Hmm...I do like Interlude Man and would like to try Diaghilev, but other than that I don't see anything listed for Pisceans that is of any interest to me. Okay, perhaps Black by CDG is something I should try as well...
    Oh I hear very good things about Commes des Garcons Black!! Definitely one for the Pisces
    (^‿^)