Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Dark Rebel Basenotes

So, I tested Dark Rebel a while ago, and had Terre de Hermes parfum on in general. The dry downs had a similar scent. Iso-E? I love this smell. Cedary. I was just wondering if there was some extra modern aromachemicals in there, some woody notes? Anybody know what it would be? I've heard talk of norlimbanol and such in other fragrances, but I just don't feel like I really have a frame of reference. I'm in the minority here, as I love the base, and dislike the opening.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Default Re: Dark Rebel Basenotes

Yes, I definitely think DR has some iso e super. It's also really sweet and has some tobacco. I haven't tried TdH Parfum, but I would not compare TdH EdT with DR, as the only thing in common is the iso e super, and TdH has more of it than DR, in terms of what I think I'm perceiving.

One of the things you're smelling is a fractionated patchouli aromachemical called Akigalawood. It's a captive molecule by Givaudan. It is interesting that you like the base better than the opening... I love the rubbery castoreum incense effect of the opening and it doesn't really carry into the (fairly long lasting) base. To each their own though. DR is very edgy and niche for a designer fragrance!
    Currently wearing: Deep Forest by Bogner

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Pauer_Haus View Post
    One of the things you're smelling is a fractionated patchouli aromachemical called Akigalawood. It's a captive molecule by Givaudan.!
    I looked into it, and I think you are right. Thanks. Iso-e plus akigalawood. I like it. It seems like it is a hard one to pin down online, and just marketed as woodsy notes instead of naming the aromachem.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.