Code of Conduct

Thread: Murad?

Default Murad?

Opinion about Murad skin products?

Default Re: Murad?

I have used and enjoyed the Retinol youth renewal serum, though now I have switched to more powerful prescription retinoids. I have not tried other products yet.

So, for dark spots you continue to recommend prescription hydroxiquinone?

And the use of a Foreo Luna, helps?

I see that Murad has a lightening serum containing hydroquinone. I don't know how the effectiveness of 2% hydroquinone compares with a stronger prescription formulation. I assume it helps, but not as much as prescription strength.

Which country do you live in? If you are in certain European countries, prescription products and doctors don't cost much, so one may well try prescription. But here in the US this would not be covered by insurance, so I assume that it would cost a lot more (and especially, a dermatologist's visit would be very expensive).

The Foreo Luna is for cleaning the dirt, so it won't do anything to dark spots, which are caused by skin cells themselves.

Portugal.
    There is hydroxiquinone cream that needs prescription. Retinol I think there is no prescription.

What is better for aging and dark spots/ uneven skin?

Retinol is different and not as powerful as retinoids like tretinoin (which require prescription, at least in Italy).

For dark spots, you need a product that targets pigmentation per se (like hydroquinone). Retinoids are more for wrinkles and skin appearance, so they are anti-aging in general but not specifically for dark spots.

Near the region my dark spots are like this