Code of Conduct

Default Areej Le Dore Oud Luwak - what next ?

I smelled today this one for the first time and loved it (thanks strifeknot !!!). I think what I like the most is the fact the the oud is not "in your face" but more subtle and even has a buttery/creamy feel.

Any recommendations where to go from here (still in the world of Oud) ?

Default Re: Areej Le Dore Oud Luwak - what next ?

For perfume I recommend Bortnikoff Oud Maximus. Areej Le Dore and Bortnikoff among the few using real (probably wild) ouds in their artisinal compositions.
    For the finest oud oils, go look at Agar Aura and Ensar Oud. AA Mardelong, is a “best in class” lower priced oud oil with wafts of Dr.Pepper/cola, fruits and wholesome oudiness. It’s an atypical Thai oil that has chief attributes that are Malaysian and easy to like. It’s worth more than it’s priced at IMO. I highly recommend grabbing a bottle before it’s gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    For perfume I recommend Bortnikoff Oud Maximus. Areej Le Dore and Bortnikoff among the few using real (probably wild) ouds in their artisinal compositions.
    For the finest oud oils, go look at Agar Aura and Ensar Oud. AA Mardelong, is a “best in class” lower priced oud oil with wafts of Dr.Pepper/cola, fruits and wholesome oudiness. It’s an atypical Thai oil that has chief attributes that are Malaysian and easy to like. It’s worth more than it’s priced at IMO. I highly recommend grabbing a bottle before it’s gone.
    Thanks

Basenotes Member

Kopi Luwak Attar by JK (RPP) can prove to be an invaluable oil. Sumatran Oud and Mysore Sandal! Well, the presence of these ingredients is enough to vouch for the quality of this attar and quality notes.

I am not a big fan of perfumes, whatever the brand is as the depth present in attar is matchless, and a perfume lacks that depth. The wearer can better understand the differences in attars and perfumes through wearing side by side.

There is a vast array of Oud oils on the market. AA, EO are always superb. But if the Oud Aalamin, Oud Al Borneo or Oud Zamurd by Habz Oud can be acquired, try once. Mark the areas they belong to. And then acquire any other high priced oil from any other vendor, HO's oils would rock.

If you are a newbie, better acquire samples from different vendors. Sniffing is believing!