Code of Conduct

Default So does a batch code always mean the fragrance is legit?

Reason I ask is because I purchased Gucci Pour Homme II from some suggestions, I hesitate sometimes buying from Amazon because I got a very bad armani code profumo recently but I went with it for this bottle of gucci and it has a code, however the cap got one is very loose... Not sure if that's a thing but I don't think it is. But the biggest thing is the atomizer looks totally weird and unlike any I've seen from pictures. I can show a pic if someone wants to see.

But I mean can atomizers change dramatically over the years when it comes to distribution?

Default Re: So does a batch code always mean the fragrance is legit?

The main issue with buying online from non official vendors is how many people are selling genuine bottles/boxes that were refilled/resealed with fake juice. The atomizer/ill fitting cap you've mentioned are suggestive of that particular trick and its rife in the Aventus community.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

To answer the thread question, if a dishonest individual wanted to fake a fragrance, I don't see why he couldn't also fake the batch code. Hopefully yours is fine though.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I am just now trying it and I think this is a fake. The atomizer has scratches on it and the juice is so weak, it actually isn't even smelling on my hand after 5 minutes. I have my nose pretty much on my skin and barely anything. You gotta see this atomizer... Let me get a pic

Basenotes Member Fragrant Vagrant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The People's Champ View Post
    I am just now trying it and I think this is a fake. The atomizer has scratches on it and the juice is so weak, it actually isn't even smelling on my hand after 5 minutes. I have my nose pretty much on my skin and barely anything. You gotta see this atomizer... Let me get a pic
    Man, that sucks!

atomizer.jpg

I mean...at first it looked weird but I thought well maybe that's just a change they made but it seems as if this was refilled and or reused with some weak juice, then they tacked an atomizer onto it.

Edit: LOL you know whats funny is taking that pic with my cam and seeing it on my pc shows how awful that thing looks. Like in person just holding it you might not really know since the rest of the bottle is pristine, but I mean yea theres no freaking way that is real.

atomizer.jpg

I mean...at first it looked weird but I thought well maybe that's just a change they made but it seems as if this was refilled and or reused with some weak juice, then they tacked an atomizer onto it.

Edit: LOL you know whats funny is taking that pic with my cam and seeing it on my pc shows how awful that thing looks. Like in person just holding it you might not really know since the rest of the bottle is pristine, but I mean yea theres no freaking way that is real.
    Yeah, that's not what the nozzle looks like on my bottle.

You said you got it from Amazon. Was Amazon the seller or was it a third party using the platform?
    Cheapie Swap Thread

Current Favorites
    Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Hermès Eau des Merveilles, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Yeah, that's not what the nozzle looks like on my bottle.

You said you got it from Amazon. Was Amazon the seller or was it a third party using the platform?
    Sadly 3rd party however...I had purchased something from them before and it was ok. But I always try to make sure to buy either from amazon, or if not ill always try to go macys and or 100% sellers from ebay. Typically I haven't had many issues but this one here is just funny...even moreso after smelling the juice and how weak it was.

But Im leaving them a review now because that's just unacceptable.

Amazon is so awesome tho, they never fuss with returns... Got that refunded without a hitch and re ordered from amazon direct. They didn't have a listing at the time so its why I went 3rd party but yea I think I'm going to avoid at all costs buying from 3rd party sellers going forward , that stuff bugs me

Dependent

This is how mine looks, yours is a fake.
    Gucci PH II.jpg
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Yea that's exactly what I found in hunting down pics and reviews of this bottle, didn't find one that looked like this one I have... Terrible.

That sprayer lol @_@ funny stuff right there!

That sprayer is crazy...

Who does this kind of shit?

Are they taking the real juice out and then sealing it back up with something fake? Or is it just a fake bottle from the jump?

I mean I understand why people counterfeit (it's a huge, billion dollar industry), but extracting the juice from a real bottle so you can wear it and then getting your measly $50 back by filling it with fake juice and selling it online? Seems like a small amount to save for an expensive karmic debt.

And what's nuts to me is to someone who isn't hip to the idea of fakes they would never know. It came and I mean were talking wrapped up perfectly, you'd never ever think or suspect it going off how brand new it truly looked.

Seeing that closeup with the pic makes it even more noticeable, like how that metal is cut all crooked... While holding it you don't really see it the same unless you really look close.. Just nuts.

Just amazing, well 2nd bottle is on the way from amazon so hopefully all will be ok

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I think I'm going to avoid at all costs buying from 3rd party sellers going forward , that stuff bugs me
    Good idea.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.