Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 280
  1. #1

    Default Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    I wanted to edit the original post, to simplify what this topic is about.

    Who here actually has the largest full bottle collection, with visual proof? I've put a lot of time and effort into my collection, owning over 300 bottles now, mostly of stuff I really like.

    This thread was made for 3 main reasons. 1. To sort of request for others to kindly share their wardrobes with us (this is not something you can really do in the "Post a pic of your frags" thread.) 2. To revamp the older series/threads "Post a pic of your frags", with the newer generation of BN'ers, newcomers. I feel the "Post a pic of your frags" series threads have more comments and less pics. Plus a lot of times it will get bumped from super old pics from BN'ers from years and years ago, who don't even use the site anymore. 3. Most importantly. I wanna see visually, who has the largest wardrobe here on Basenotes.

    I'm aware this isn't a competition, this thread was made in good spirit, and sheer curiosity. So please don't derail the topic, and please, if you don't wanna contribute, then don't post here.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 13th April 2019 at 11:17 PM.
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional
    Currently wearing: Rochas Man by Rochas

  2. #2
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    5,523

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Certainly not me. I'm sitting on somewhere in the neighborhood of 250-260 bottles. And likely twice that many samples. I've also got maybe 15-20 decants. I don't care for posting any pics of my collection right now because it's in disarray. I'm actively looking for a new worthy piece(s) of furniture to house my collection. However, other members have seen pics of my collection via PM. I can think of 3 other Basenotes members that I know for a fact have more bottles than me cause of me seeing their collections. And I can think of many others, like you, that have stated amounts (that I don't doubt a bit) higher than me. And in the end, I lose no sleep over any of it.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Certainly not me. I'm sitting on somewhere in the neighborhood of 250-260 bottles. And likely twice that many samples. I've also got maybe 15-20 decants. I don't care for posting any pics of my collection right now because it's in disarray. I'm actively looking for a new worthy piece(s) of furniture to house my collection. However, other members have seen pics of my collection via PM. I can think of 3 other Basenotes members that I know for a fact have more bottles than me cause of me seeing their collections. And I can think of many others, like you, that have stated amounts (that I don't doubt a bit) higher than me. And in the end, I lose no sleep over any of it.
    Have you thought of just building shelves in the wall, with anchors? I have 4 solid cedar shelves that I put up a little over 2 years ago now. 3 of them are 4 feet long, and 1 is 6 feet long. Best decision i ever made, doesn't take up any floor place, and it looks fantastic.
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional
    Currently wearing: Rochas Man by Rochas

  4. #4
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    5,523

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    I actually have that arrangement going on in my walk-in closet now. The shelves are very nice and sturdy, and look really good. But I didn't have space to make mine 6 feet long. Instead, each of mine are about 30" long. So my goodies are currently jumbled up next to, and in some cases stacked on top of, each other. Then there's the boxes of goodies...

    What I'm looking at doing is getting a rather large armoire to store items in. I do not want a display case, as I want to protect things from sunlight. I do have a long-term storage system but that is something completely different than what we are discussing here, and a bit cuckoo.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    I actually have that arrangement going on in my walk-in closet now. The shelves are very nice and sturdy, and look really good. But I didn't have space to make mine 6 feet long. Instead, each of mine are about 30" long. So my goodies are currently jumbled up next to, and in some cases stacked on top of, each other. Then there's the boxes of goodies...

    What I'm looking at doing is getting a rather large armoire to store items in. I do not want a display case, as I want to protect things from sunlight. I do have a long-term storage system but that is something completely different than what we are discussing here, and a bit cuckoo.
    When you get it all figured out, I'd love to see your collection.
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional
    Currently wearing: Rochas Man by Rochas

  6. #6
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    5,523

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    When you get it all figured out, I'd love to see your collection.
    I’m not opposed to sharing.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

  7. #7
    Basenotes Plus

    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    26,084

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    A couple of other BNers have at least 2000 bottles afaik.
    noggs is definitely somewhere around that figure with one of the finest wardrobes here on BN. Much respect

  8. #8

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Not me.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

  9. #9

    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    13,814

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I think Renato is approaching 1,000 or so full bottles. Which Renato if you're watching i would love to see your collection!.
    No, I think I only have about half that amount - though I don't really know as they are scattered amongst six or seven drawers (fougeres in one, orientals in another, niche in another etc), as well as sitting on top of my desk, and sitting on bookshelves and in my bathroom cabinet. My wife has around 350 scents around the place as well. Plus I have half a cupboard full of scents that I use as gifts for when invited somewhere, and for gifts when I go to Italy on vacation (where no one lets me pay for dinner - unless I can sneak away to the cash register first).
    Cheers,
    Renato

  10. #10
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    37,058

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    How about perfumers and key people from within fragrance brands? Guerlain, Chanel, Creed?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

  11. #11
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    6,331

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    I've seen a couple collections that were around 500 bottles.

  12. #12
    Dependent deltasun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    2,418

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    All these posts and not a single pic. Let's go, peeps...I wanna see some shots!

  13. #13
    Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Here I am.
    Posts
    11,089

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Surely it must be me. I’m sure I have at least 20-30 full bottles.
    No pictures. Sorry. Fight me
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    How about perfumers and key people from within fragrance brands? Guerlain, Chanel, Creed?
    True, I've always wondered that too. Though I read somewhere or saw on a video with someone who was a perfumer that they didn't own many fragrances, I think just one. I wanna say it was the guy on Youtube who wears the Columbia hat, and was interviewing Andy Tauer, but I can't remember for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    No, I think I only have about half that amount - though I don't really know as they are scattered amongst six or seven drawers (fougeres in one, orientals in another, niche in another etc), as well as sitting on top of my desk, and sitting on bookshelves and in my bathroom cabinet. My wife has around 350 scents around the place as well. Plus I have half a cupboard full of scents that I use as gifts for when invited somewhere, and for gifts when I go to Italy on vacation (where no one lets me pay for dinner - unless I can sneak away to the cash register first).
    Cheers,
    Renato
    Oh, maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, unless you sold a lot? I thought you had around 800, and that was years ago, so I assumed it could only go up haha.

    Quote Originally Posted by jabar View Post
    So this was an attempt for hednic proof?

    Eh, his knowledge speaks for itself. I'm content not knowing or caring about perfume enthusiast hierarchy.
    No, not at all, I didn't even mention Hednic.

    Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    All these posts and not a single pic. Let's go, peeps...I wanna see some shots!
    There is, the old "post a pic of your collection threads" but they are very cluttered and filled mostly with comments, and not much with pictures. I've posted mine on there over the years, as it has grown.
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional
    Currently wearing: Rochas Man by Rochas

  15. #15
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    6,331

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    The real answer is Sea Roses, surely. The number of bottles is too big to admit! It's almost like infinity, you can never get to a final number.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    The real answer is Sea Roses.
    Hmm. What? Who? Someone on BN?
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional
    Currently wearing: Rochas Man by Rochas

  17. #17
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    6,331

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Someone on BN?
    Yes. The gambling war historian.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Yes. The gambling war historian.
    Funny, I never saw that name. I just searched the wardrobe and it shows 748, though it's private I think. Did she ever post a pic in the other threads?
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional
    Currently wearing: Rochas Man by Rochas

  19. #19

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    No, I think I only have about half that amount - though I don't really know as they are scattered amongst six or seven drawers (fougeres in one, orientals in another, niche in another etc), as well as sitting on top of my desk, and sitting on bookshelves and in my bathroom cabinet. My wife has around 350 scents around the place as well. Plus I have half a cupboard full of scents that I use as gifts for when invited somewhere, and for gifts when I go to Italy on vacation (where no one lets me pay for dinner - unless I can sneak away to the cash register first).
    Cheers,
    Renato
    I think I'm getting you confused with DustB I think was his name? Remember him? I always got you 2 confused.
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional
    Currently wearing: Rochas Man by Rochas

  20. #20
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    6,331

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Funny, I never saw that name. I just searched the wardrobe and it shows 748, though it's private I think. Did she ever post a pic in the other threads?
    I'm not sure about pictures. For people who have posted pictures, Cazaubon has one of the bigger collections:

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...t=#post3715238

    I think that might only be half of the collection, which I believe is fewer than 1000 bottles altogether (but might be getting close).

  21. #21

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I'm not sure about pictures. For people who have posted pictures, Cazaubon has one of the bigger collections:

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...t=#post3715238

    I think that might only be half of the collection, which I believe is fewer than 1000 bottles altogether (but might be getting close).
    I see! Xisio, another name I've never seen before has quite the collection too there, mostly higher end stuff it looks like, but also looks like a lot of testers.
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional
    Currently wearing: Rochas Man by Rochas

  22. #22
    Newbie
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    14,393

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I see! Xisio, another name I've never seen before has quite the collection too there, mostly higher end stuff it looks like, but also looks like a lot of testers.
    Those pics kinda made me wish I’d bought all those slim Serge Lutens 50 ml Royal Shiseido bottles. They do look marvellous in a line up.
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

  23. #23

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    I certainly do not have a very large collection but I still have far too many for any normal person (about 400).

    We've had over 140 small earthquakes in the past 3 weeks so I'm taking the bottles off the shelves so I can attach the shelving to the walls so I don't loose my collection if a big one hits. The last picture are ones I just don't like and are still in boxes. I also have a drawer of 22 unopened ones.

    The pictures are not flattering but here goes:

    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    Currently wearing: Hawas for Men by Rasasi

  24. #24
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    5,523

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleCars View Post
    I certainly do not have a very large collection but I still have far too many for any normal person (about 400).

    We've had over 140 small earthquakes in the past 3 weeks so I'm taking the bottles off the shelves so I can attach the shelving to the walls so I don't loose my collection if a big one hits. The last picture are ones I just don't like and are still in boxes. I also have a drawer of 22 unopened ones.

    The pictures are not flattering but here goes:

    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    Lovely collection! And my heart goes out to you with the earthquakes!!! Above all, I hope you and your family remain safe and in good health.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleCars View Post
    I certainly do not have a very large collection but I still have far too many for any normal person (about 400).

    We've had over 140 small earthquakes in the past 3 weeks so I'm taking the bottles off the shelves so I can attach the shelving to the walls so I don't loose my collection if a big one hits. The last picture are ones I just don't like and are still in boxes. I also have a drawer of 22 unopened ones.

    The pictures are not flattering but here goes:

    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    140! Yikes that's scary. You must really like scent of peace for him

  26. #26
    Basenotes Plus

    HouseOfPhlegethon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    .................................... Penn's old stomping grounds
    Posts
    4,050
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Oh, goodie! Perfume porn.

  27. #27
    Basenotes Plus

    ILikePeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    T̛e̢x͡as͜
    Posts
    6,028

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Not I, but this thread interests me.

    I legit wouldn't want to have a real massive collection. Mine has hit into the 200's a couple times, and that's a bit much. I'd prefer to stay... I dunno... maybe 100 or less type of size (not counting back ups).
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

  28. #28
    Dependent Cheetah1919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,185

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Sweet, love the pics! I could look at pics of huge collections all day!

  29. #29
    Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tic Tac Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.
    Posts
    14,325
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    I legit wouldn't want to have a real massive collection. Mine has hit into the 200's a couple times, and that's a bit much. I'd prefer to stay... I dunno... maybe 100 or less type of size (not counting back ups).
    I can understand that... but tell us... how many peeps do you have?
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    CK One
    Fahrenheit
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Prada L'Homme
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Green Irish Tweed
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Pomelo Paradis
    Aqua Celestia
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

  30. #30

    Default Re: Who legitimately has the largest fragrance collection?

    ...and I feel weird when I go over 60 bottles...

    I am a rank amateur.




Similar Threads

  1. Where can I buy the thinnest needles with the largest volume?
    By throwitdontshowit in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th February 2019, 12:57 PM
  2. Is 100 ml the largest bottle size for Kouros....? Thanks!
    By freewheelingvagabond in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 21st September 2015, 03:38 PM
  3. Largest Perfume Bottles
    By bgirlrhapsody in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27th May 2015, 09:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000