Code of Conduct

Question Oud Synth 10760 E (Firmenich) 2019 quality?

Hello everyone,

New poster, new to the forums also I've looked around and haven't found much info about Oud Synth 10760 E (Firmenich) I've found way older threads...but nothing new.
    Probably should have posted first then bought some but got a 15ml of it anyway because let's face it I don't have hundreds of dollars for the real thing. I was wondering if anyone has purchased the Firmenich oud from perfumers apprentice lately say last couple months??
    Again should asked first then bought it but it was a big 20$ so if it's nothing special no loss I guess. Anyone have any thoughts on it? I'm hoping it's somewhat on the scanky/animalic side if anything. Also sorry for the horrible spelling and run on sentences I don't sleep.

Thank you any help would be appreciated.
    Currently wearing: Patchouli 24 by Le Labo

Default Re: Oud Synth 10760 E (Firmenich) 2019 quality?

Have you smelled Tom Ford Oud Wood? Pretty sure it's the main Oud note used in it (along with Cypriol). I find it more woody and less animalic, but it is very nice and definitely not offensive. If you want a base that is more animalic, Pretty Oud (Firmenich, ironically titled IMO) fits the bill and is also cheaper. I think it pairs well with florals which is why they marketed as "pretty".

Thank you for the info I appreciate it!! Yes I've had TF oud wood before I can't say I'm super impressed by it but it's alright I could always add something stinky to it. So your saying Firmenich makes another synthetic called pretty?? I only saw the one I ordered and the black agar. Again thank you for the info there where no reviews on perfumers apprentice so hard to judge.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Miasma27 View Post
    Thank you for the info I appreciate it!! Yes I've had TF oud wood before I can't say I'm super impressed by it but it's alright I could always add something stinky to it. So your saying Firmenich makes another synthetic called pretty?? I only saw the one I ordered and the black agar. Again thank you for the info there where no reviews on perfumers apprentice so hard to judge.
    The TF oud wood scent, IMO is awful. 15 minutes of oud, then the worst base in perfumery...

Since my hatred, I can't remark if that is the base used for the oud bit.

Firmenich has a number of oud bases, synthetic and natural. Maybe as many as 10.

The Givco base cost on PA just went $ up drastically, the site says.

There are even other oud bases from IFF too.

I like to blend the Givco and Firm base you mention. I also use Cypriol, touches of real oud, ambrocenide in minute dose, civet, and a super strong smelly Amber whose name escapes me to shape a pretty good smelling oud base for one of my scents.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Yes I can't say I'm a huge fan of TF oud wood or his Tob/van either I'll take Tuscan leather all day though and don't mind oud mineral even though I'm not sure there's much oud in it..
    Again thank you both for the info!! the one I ordered and the black agar where the only ones I saw, and there's no way I can afford real lol but had the same idea -civet that should do it for me I hope. Yes most hate it but if I can get something close to oud 27 I'd be happy.

Yes I'm a big scank nice to meet you both thank you

P.K,you were definitely right about it being just kind of blah smelling like the Tom Ford oud wood. It's not horrible for the money I guess. I saw you mentioned you added stuff to yours along with the real deal,besides say something like a musk/civet is there anything I could add to it to get a rubbery smell out of it? And yeah I saw the thread about costus I believe? Not being sold anymore?

Again thank you for the info definitely appreciated.