Code of Conduct

Default Majid iterji musk al ghazal red grade 1 and black musk musk KL

Hi
    Has anyone smelled either the majid iterji musk al ghazal red grade 1 or the black musk musk KL? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated? Thanks.

Default Re: Majid iterji musk al ghazal red grade 1 and black musk musk KL

"majid iterji musk al ghazal red grade 1"

That has got to be the longest name of a fragrance I've seen yet! Anyway, sorry I couldn't be of any help with this.
    Currently wearing: Tobacco by Franck Boclet

The website says genuine deer musk essential oil. Real deer musk is about $100 a gram and upwards, so I imagine deer musk essential oil would be 10 times this amount. I have not heard of anyone making essential oil from deer musk.

I’m fully aware that you can’t make an essential oil out of Deer musk, nor do I think this actually real deer musk, despite their claims. I was just wondering whether or not anyone was familiar with it and how they might describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by ddorris View Post
    Hi
    Has anyone smelled either the majid iterji musk al ghazal red grade 1 or the black musk musk KL? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated? Thanks.
    Contrary to your post it would appear my thoughts are not appreciated....

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by joe king View Post
    Contrary to your post it would appear my thoughts are not appreciated....
    Joe, my dearest Joe, much appreciated!

I’ve tried the red musk. Lots of complex multilayered synthetic musk on top of what might possibly be a little actual musk extract. There was this notorious AA musk gazelle made by Ajmal years ago. Nothing like what they have now. This has some of that scent but a lot of sweet perfumery musk mixed in. Weird stuff unbelievably strong.
    Last edited by Mr.P; 17th March 2019 at 04:24 PM.

Forgive me if I didn’t sound appreciative, however, you didn’t answer my question. You proceeded to try and prove that the musk was probably not real, which was not my question. I’m quite certain the vast majority of what’s sold out there is not real musk, even that musk which is purported by various companies to be real.

Forgive me if I didn’t sound appreciative, however, you didn’t answer my question. You proceeded to try and prove that the musk was probably not real, which was not my question. I’m quite certain the vast majority of what’s sold out there is not real musk, even that musk which is purported by various companies to be real.
    you are forgiven ddoris, good to see another who doesn't believe the lies told by sellers

At this point, I donít really care if itís real musk(although it is still a little annoying for someone to claim to be selling you something that they purport to be real when in reality it almost certainly isnít, based on the pricing or other such characteristics). However, if someone can recreate something that smells similar to a few of the tinctures Iíve smelled that were quite possibly real musk or fit the descriptions Iíve read about what real musk supposedly smells like, then Iím interested. Musk being so popular in the Middle East, it seems possible that some of these houses like ASAQ, Arabian Oud, Ajmal, Iterji and possibly others, may have people working there that may in fact have smelled real musk and have something substantial to go on when creating their musk oils. For instance, ASAQ, offers a tonkin musk, Tibetan musk, Himalayan musk, as well as a couple others. So, maybe some of their perfumers have actually smelled real extractions of these musks? Maybe not? The world of musk is is a murky one, as you may well know.

At this point, I don’t really care if it’s real musk(although it is still a little annoying for someone to claim to be selling you something that they purport to be real when in reality it almost certainly isn’t, based on the pricing or other such characteristics). However, if someone can recreate something that smells similar to a few of the tinctures I’ve smelled that were quite possibly real musk or fit the descriptions I’ve read about what real musk supposedly smells like, then I’m interested. Musk being so popular in the Middle East, it seems possible that some of these houses like ASAQ, Arabian Oud, Ajmal, Iterji and possibly others, may have people working there that may in fact have smelled real musk and have something substantial to go on when creating their musk oils. For instance, ASAQ, offers a tonkin musk, Tibetan musk, Himalayan musk, as well as a couple others. So, maybe some of their perfumers have actually smelled real extractions of these musks? Maybe not? The world of musk is is a murky one, as you may well know.

That company also sells the most blatantly fake ambergris fragrance as a genuine ambergris extraction. It has visible white chemical precipitate and reeks of the chemical ambroxan. Stay away from this vendor.

I checked out their oils with little expectation of authenticity but (like you) hoping to get an expert’s effort at presenting the spirit of these materials.

Basenotes Member

Majid Itarji's some Oud oils and Rose Taifi are of good quality. So far as Musk goes, the aroma of Musk, generally known as Misk al Hind, is liked in Arabian countries. ASAQ's Musk oils do exude the same shades.

No GCMS report with me about both Majid Iterji and ASAQ's Musk oils. And in the same way, a lot many vendors sell that sort of Musk oils with horribly disturbing projection. But the way those oils smell strong, that is not the behaviour of pure Musk oils.

Oud, Rose and Jasmine Oils from/ by Majid Iterji have quality.

The best and the safest way to have Musk oil is to prepare it on one's own. Only three ml Mysore Sandal ($35 to $75), and 0.5 gram Musk ($30 to $50). Six to twelve month time span. You will have a stunning Musk oil. This much amount of Musk is nowhere in Musk oils available on the market.

Where do you procure this? Considering there are restrictions around both of these elements, what/where is the legal way to procure these?

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobm View Post
    Where do you procure this? Considering there are restrictions around both of these elements, what/where is the legal way to procure these?
    There are legal vendors who offer Musk grains at a reasonable price. They have legal permit to sell Musk grains. Full pod or grains are available.

Ulugbeck: He sells Central Asian Musk, Siberian, and some more species as well.
    Andre aka NinjaRobb: He majorly deals in Siberian. But I have come to know he sells Musk of various species.

I acquire from local vendors here in my country. I acquired from three different vendors abroad, including Ulugbek. Mostly I buy Kashmiri Musk as I found it thousands times stronger and deeper than any other. I personally haven't acquired from Andre, but my closest friends acquired a great many times.

Thank you very much for your detailed info. I'll check if i can acquire from them.

Basenotes Member

You're welcome.