Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Basenotes Plus
    Niche_Addict07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    198

    Default Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    Just informing everyone of some shady business practices this company uses. They have always had crappy Customer service but I did like certain frags and always purchased directly.

    Made a purchase last week of almost 2k and it’s been days without any updates. Sent them an email inquiring some information and they simply stated they can’t take my order and will refund me without any reason why. If the items are on there website shouldn’t you be allowed to be them. Just be mindful next time you buy anything.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Find me on Instagram: Niche_Addict07
    “Your fragrance is your message, your scented slogan.” – Maurice Roucel

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Heartbreak Hotel
    Posts
    6,156

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    Perhaps you should wait and garner more information from them, before calling them “shady”.
    It may have something to do with your credit card?

  3. #3
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    5,004

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    I’m not certain that it’s shady as much as it is terrible service. If I were to order a $2,000 meal and then suddenly had the waiter tell me that I couldn’t be served and that I needed to leave, I’d certainly expect a clear explanation of ‘why’. Sorry you went through this and hope it gets corrected soon.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

  4. #4
    Basenotes Plus
    Niche_Addict07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Perhaps you should wait and garner more information from them, before calling them “shady”.
    It may have something to do with your credit card?
    How so the money was cleared and I’ve made bunch of purchases over the years. Funny how I only got an update when I emailed them. If I didn’t email how long was this order going to be held with no update or refund?? And there vague email does not help. Anyone who knows this brand knows they simply don’t answer to emails often. So for me that’s shady


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Find me on Instagram: Niche_Addict07
    “Your fragrance is your message, your scented slogan.” – Maurice Roucel

  5. #5
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    270,818

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    Can you get what you are looking for elsewhere when your funds are returned to you?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  6. #6
    Basenotes Plus
    Niche_Addict07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Can you get what you are looking for elsewhere when your funds are returned to you?
    Yeah I’ll buy them at Harrods but seems a distributor saw my issue and reached out and is willing to fill the order at a discount.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Find me on Instagram: Niche_Addict07
    “Your fragrance is your message, your scented slogan.” – Maurice Roucel

  7. #7
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    270,818

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    Quote Originally Posted by Niche_Addict07 View Post
    Yeah I’ll buy them at Harrods but seems a distributor saw my issue and reached out and is willing to fill the order at a discount.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well that's promising.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    13,816

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    *click-baited*

    Not unusual or shady for a small company to struggle with timely order fulfilment. That’s why they rely on distributors/retailers who tend to have better working arrangements with shipping/logistics counterparts. Anyway it looks like your problem’s headed to a happy ending.

    Out of curiosity since I only own one bottle from this house, which are the ones you ordered?

  9. #9
    Basenotes Plus
    Niche_Addict07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    *click-baited*

    Not unusual or shady for a small company to struggle with timely order fulfilment. That’s why they rely on distributors/retailers who tend to have better working arrangements with shipping/logistics counterparts. Anyway it looks like your problem’s headed to a happy ending.

    Out of curiosity since I only own one bottle from this house, which are the ones you ordered?
    Not sure how it’s click bait when the company posted a month ago they are now doing there own distribution no longer using outside source. The order was paid in full a week ago and I’ve ordered before and noticing it’s now a week it’s strange for them not to have shipped so an email was sent with a response from the owners wife saying your order was not “accepted” with no explanation since and no refund which I had to call Amex to get the refund. Not sure where I went wrong with sending my money for them to hold and not intent to ship. If I didn’t email them how much longer where they going to hold onto my money which wasn’t a small fee. Would you be ok sending 2k and just wait endlessly for an order the company has no intentions on fulfilling I think not


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Find me on Instagram: Niche_Addict07
    “Your fragrance is your message, your scented slogan.” – Maurice Roucel

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Heartbreak Hotel
    Posts
    6,156

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    Quote Originally Posted by Niche_Addict07 View Post
    Not sure how it’s click bait when the company posted a month ago they are now doing there own distribution no longer using outside source. The order was paid in full a week ago and I’ve ordered before and noticing it’s now a week it’s strange for them not to have shipped so an email was sent with a response from the owners wife saying your order was not “accepted” with no explanation since and no refund which I had to call Amex to get the refund. Not sure where I went wrong with sending my money for them to hold and not intent to ship. If I didn’t email them how much longer where they going to hold onto my money which wasn’t a small fee. Would you be ok sending 2k and just wait endlessly for an order the company has no intentions on fulfilling I think not


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t disagree with you, it’s not commensurate with the customer service one is entitled to after spending that kind of wedge. But, I think calling it shady and calling them out for it, was a little premature. Considering this is the first time they’ve ever done it to you (or others that we know of).
    I doubt a business with their prestigious distribution is going to jeopardise that for the sake of 2k.

    Chances are they didn’t have the stock and rather than stall any further, in an attempt to source a solution,they aborted the order. You would have gotten your money back regardless. Chalk it up to poor miscommunication and logistics on their part and move on.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    Quote Originally Posted by Niche_Addict07 View Post
    How so the money was cleared and I’ve made bunch of purchases over the years. Funny how I only got an update when I emailed them. If I didn’t email how long was this order going to be held with no update or refund?? And there vague email does not help. Anyone who knows this brand knows they simply don’t answer to emails often. So for me that’s shady


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I could see how that came across as shady to you, I think it might to me too. Had you never emailed them, where would your money have ended up?

    While it’s probably just oversight of some kind, you can’t help but think they may have tried to pull a fast one on you.
    Currently wearing: Black by Puredistance

  12. #12

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    All other issues aside, it is poor customer service not to offer an explanation as to why an order cannot be filled. Sorry for your disappointment, Niche_Addict07.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

    Gregory David Roberts
    Currently wearing: Memoir Woman by Amouage

  13. #13
    Basenotes Plus
    Niche_Addict07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I could see how that came across as shady to you, I think it might to me too. Had you never emailed them, where would your money have ended up?

    While it’s probably just oversight of some kind, you can’t help but think they may have tried to pull a fast one on you.
    Of course I’ve emailed them. If you use the website message system goodluck getting response I had the owners wife email only way I could get a response from them but still no explanation or refund made by them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Find me on Instagram: Niche_Addict07
    “Your fragrance is your message, your scented slogan.” – Maurice Roucel

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Heartbreak Hotel
    Posts
    6,156

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I could see how that came across as shady to you, I think it might to me too. Had you never emailed them, where would your money have ended up?

    While it’s probably just oversight of some kind, you can’t help but think they may have tried to pull a fast one on you.
    Utter nonsense and hyperbole. Based on what precedence?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Utter nonsense and hyperbole. Based on what precedence?
    Which part, where I said I "could see how that came across as shady to you" or where I said, "it's probably just oversight" ?
    Currently wearing: Black by Puredistance

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Heartbreak Hotel
    Posts
    6,156

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Which part, where I said I "could see how that came across as shady to you" or where I said, "it's probably just oversight" ?
    Putting a qualifier before “you can’t help but think they may have tried to pull a fast one on you.” doesn’t validate it.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    The problem is the phrase "your order has not been accepted" without any supporting reason. An upfront approach would immediately state the reason e.g. lack of stock. So the only natural inference is that the company is deliberately veiling the reason/keeping it hidden. "Shady" is one description of that behaviour... slightly harsh, but not wildly inaccurate either.
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

  18. #18

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Putting a qualifier before “you can’t help but think they may have tried to pull a fast one on you.” doesn’t validate it.
    Sure it does. I'm telling him what the truth is while also understanding his paranoia.

    People get paranoid when it comes to their money. If something out of the ordinary happens to it, they can't help but jump to pessimistic conclusions. It doesn't mean it's true, which is why I stated, "it's probably just oversight." But I can understand his mentality. Is the title of the post excessive and unwarranted? Sure. Was his paranoia? Yeah, but it's understandable.

    I don't know man, I'm not that invested in this thread to really think about it too much. I probably chose my words poorly.
    Currently wearing: Black by Puredistance

  19. #19

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    Having to call your credit card company to get a refund is the definition of shady. While the other parts could be considered oversight, they should have refunded the money when they sent the email saying the order couldn't be fulfilled.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    I mentioned a similar experience in a recent thread, not fragrance but limited edition shoes. I placed my order within 1 minute of release and hadn't heard anything for 2 weeks. I emailed the company. No response. I called the store. No response. I consulted different shoe forums and saw other people were having the same issue. We all took to twitter by the 3rd week. My order was resolved via Twitter DM and I got it 2 days later by air mail. There was no reasonable explanation given, but I got what I paid for. And this was a U.S. domestic transaction. They were just that much incompetent.

    I tried to order some high end sunglasses from France once. The order was flagged for suspicion so I did the payment verification with my credit union over the phone and the site still canceled my order. No reason given. They just wouldn't do it.

    And once upon a time, my mother placed an order from a beauty/cosmetic brand in France. They refused her order because someone else in our zip code or a nearby zip code committed some sort of fraud so they just blacklisted our whole region from ordering. To which she told them by phone that she was a loyal customer for 20 years and they didn't give a good got damn. She requested to be removed from their mailing list and that was that.

    All 3 instances are shady.

    In Japan, it's so much a thing that there's a middle man industry of people who will buy what you need locally and ship it to you instead. SO many sites just refuse to ship internationally. I can accept that if it's a stated policy. U.S.A. need not order (ie. We're in over our heads and don't know what to do). Then fair enough. There's a UK site out there and some of you know it... where the shipping costs as much as the damn fragrances. Coding error? Maybe. Serious about business? Doesn't look like it. You go ahead and keep those fragrances.

    I don't think any brand should get a pass for this. Communication goes a long way. "Hey, we're swamped. We'll get to you soon. Or Hey, we're ill-equipped for export so try this stockist instead." If that's too much to ask then I say besmirch by all means.
    Currently wearing: Mogao by Pryn Parfum

  21. #21

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    I often order some BTV exclusive fragrances directly from Yulia and never had a problems.And she always answered me.The shipment was in 1-2 days.It is strange that your order could not be completed.
    1.jpg

  22. #22
    Basenotes Plus
    Niche_Addict07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Shady business Boadicea The Victorious

    Quote Originally Posted by reegle View Post
    I often order some BTV exclusive fragrances directly from Yulia and never had a problems.And she always answered me.The shipment was in 1-2 days.It is strange that your order could not be completed.
    1.jpg
    Yup I’ve placed several orders for the exclusives in the past and always got a reply and order fulfilled but why this time? Still zero reasoning and they never processed any refund but I did get my refund with Amex and they will deal with BTV directly oh well plenty of other houses to spend my money on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Find me on Instagram: Niche_Addict07
    “Your fragrance is your message, your scented slogan.” – Maurice Roucel




Similar Threads

  1. Boadicea the Victorious
    By vitaman in forum Items for Sale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th April 2017, 06:49 PM
  2. Boadicea the Victorious....anyone?
    By Rosehavn in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 8th September 2011, 10:50 PM
  3. Boadicea the victorious
    By dnc in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 20th February 2011, 06:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000