Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee changes?

Being a big fan of citrus scents, I followed the recent thread on lime with great attention. Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee came up a couple of times, I decided to sample it, and I totally agree with all the rave about the scent. It's indeed fantastic.

The trouble is, I count at least three different bottle styles.
    1. Short bottle, wooden cap.
    2. Short bottle, clear plastic cap.
    3. Tall bottle.

I now worry that perhaps the juice inside has changed as well. At least one fragrantica reviewer thinks so, but that does not mean much. Can any long-time wearers comment if my concern is warranted?

Thanks.

Default Re: Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee changes?

The wooden cap had a bit more vibrancy and potency (just as the metal plated Guerlain Homme vs. the all glass sides) but the clear plastic cap is still very good. I’m unfamiliar with the newest bottle style version however. I think the short, squat clear cap is a safe and inexpensive bet. Buy the wooden cap and you’ll pay five times as much and barely be able to tell the difference. Of course, if you see one at the same price, go for it. I’ll

Let's Dance

I had #1, sillage and longevity were pretty bad. I currently have #2, and both are better. Haven't tried #3.

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    I had #1, sillage and longevity were pretty bad. I currently have #2, and both are better. Haven't tried #3.
    Really? Well that contradicts my experience, but it still points to the clear cap as the best option! Win-win.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

My only experience was with the original release and performance for me was actually pretty good.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Let's Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Really? Well that contradicts my experience, but it still points to the clear cap as the best option! Win-win.
    Yes. I've worn #2 only a couple of times, so it could vary, but in my estimation it is noticeably better than the #1 bottle I had - which I had worn from at least 10 times.

I have the short bottle with the plastic cap and it smells great. I think the differences are going to be miner, I have not heard of any major reformulation to this one.
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Top Five

1. Vintage Lauder For Men Cologne
    2. Eau de Rochas Homme
    3. D R Harris Sandalwood (Aftershave)
    4. G F Trumper Eucris EdT & Edp
    5. Guerlain Vetiver
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Thank you for the feedback. I'm happy to hear that there is no clear-cut night and day difference between the different bottles.

Own #2 and #3. Do not notice any noticeable difference in a regular wearing (just wearing and walking out without constantly analyzing it) to be completely honest. If memory serves me correctly, #3 comes in the 100ml size vs #1/#2 which is 75/80ml?

I had the same dilemma, but decided to buy the tall bottle - the only version for which I found samples.
    Love it. So refreshing!

A little bit weak, but with 5 sprays on the wrist I get 7-8 hours logevity, which is very good.
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

When I originally tried it I found it pretty good but still not worth getting a bottle.Maybe I have to give it another try since I love lime fragrances and it comes so highly recommended.

I have the short bottle with the clear plastic cap. To my nose it seems all so fleeting but others claim they can smell it.