Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SOTD: Friday, 15th March, 2019

Well, I have never felt connected to the past, personally, my hopes lie in the future. Certainly don't think any time in the past is better than the present, for most of the world anyway. Even with the current political trouble. Never a better time to be a woman, and hopefully progress, well, progresses. In terms of historical fashion, I do like the 1910-1920s and also 1800ish, when the dresses had those high waisted slim lines.

Un Jardin sur la Toit for today.

Not in synch today, I'm wearing Memo Tamarindo, a souvenir of my trip.

Happy Birthday, LizB!
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
    Currently wearing: Lilac by Roja Dove

Lean in closer, dear

Blog Entries

♥s for Christchurch. Such horrific terrorism from just one man.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    Well, I have never felt connected to the past, personally, my hopes lie in the future. Certainly don't think any time in the past is better than the present, for most of the world anyway. Even with the current political trouble. Never a better time to be a woman, and hopefully progress, well, progresses.
    You saved my having to say all these exact same things. Yay, Robin.

I'll reference the recent past, back when I could smell reliably, and wear one of the things I could detect today, the sweet incense of Jaisalmer.
    JOIN US FOR A BASENOTES MEET-UP IN CHICAGO MAY 25, 2019: See thread

Guerlain L'Homme Ideal EDT
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

IMG_20180920_142139_644.jpg

Bleu de Chanel (2010)
    oh look, I have a signature

Freed from BN Institution

Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille original 2007 formulation this evening
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: No. 19 by Chanel

Blog Entries

I don't have a favorite period of history. I'm just in Intense Cherry today to go with my Luden's Wild Cherry cough drops I keep around for my dry mouth.
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it. It's The Great Shy Purge of 2019.

Carven Homme
    carvenhommepicture.jpg
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Gengis Khan - Marc De la Morandiere

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

third earl of linalool

SoTD ...

Green Irish Tweed (1985)

/Acey

Blog Entries

(((Jon))) l thought of you this morning, too. Glad your family are safe.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Dependent

*pant* *pant*
    Checking in, finally, and just so thankful for all the sweet birthday wishes!!! Thanks, NCal, CuddleCat, ine, ClockworkAlice, teardrop, tdem, Jon, caz, & foxbins!

It feels like such a busy week this week because I like to check SotD before work in my car, but I've had morning meetings/ rehearsals/ performances cluttering up my day so I can't start it with bn like I'd like.

SotD was the scent formerly known as Cancun--now SeaJewels Conch...apparently reformulated as peppermint was definitely not among the top notes. So--I told Mr. B about the synch and he pulled this one out as representing a favorite personal historical era...we bought this for him on our honeymoon in 1997. It's very unisex and really surprisingly nice. The top notes have degraded a bit, but it's a lovely aquatic floral with a nice development and a laundry musk drydown...very 90s! And I love a good laundry musk.

The birthday has been nice so far! We are going out for dinner and then we'll have cake and presents. Mr. B and I will go out for a much more expensive dinner at some point TBD--that is what I always really want for my birthday. But this weekend and next and the next we are already committed.

Jon, I am so glad your sister is ok and so horrified that she was close enough to hear this as it unfolded. And horrified that it happened at all. I always do assume that some countries are safer than others.

Well. Life is brief and uncertain, and most people are good and honorable. For this wine o'clock, my toast is "L'chaim!"
    Currently wearing: Knot by Bottega Veneta

Basenotes Institution

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZ B!

Lean in closer, dear

Blog Entries

Should have said it earlier, but I'll shout it out with real enthusiasm now ...

Happy Birthday
    LizB!

JOIN US FOR A BASENOTES MEET-UP IN CHICAGO MAY 25, 2019: See thread

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    Well, I have never felt connected to the past, personally, my hopes lie in the future. Certainly don't think any time in the past is better than the present, for most of the world anyway. Even with the current political trouble. Never a better time to be a woman, and hopefully progress, well, progresses. In terms of historical fashion, I do like the 1910-1920s and also 1800ish, when the dresses had those high waisted slim lines.

Un Jardin sur la Toit for today.
    Absolutely agree with you, Robin -- I don't long for any particular point in history and try to live in the present with hopes for the future, but I personally love the fashion of the mid-1920s and late-1940s, and the optimism I associate with both time periods.

Also, Happy Birthday, LizB!!!!

Jon, I am so glad to hear your sister and her family are safe, and my heart goes out to all who were even tangentially touched by the horror of what happened in Christchurch, NZ on Friday.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson
    Currently wearing: Parure by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

For the synch, POTL Luctor et Emergo.
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa
    Currently wearing: Wit by Delrae

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday LizB--I was in a rush earlier and didn't get the memo!
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it. It's The Great Shy Purge of 2019.

Basenotes Institution

Happy Birthday LizB!

What a busy day it was for me, and I worked from home! I've realized that some times when I work from home I end up doing way more work than when I went into the office. What's up with that!? I was not in Sync today, as I really couldn't figure out what I had that fit the theme, so I wore French Line by Revillon (the last of my sample - I think Redneck Perfumisto gifted me this decant) - that stuff is awesome. Tonight I am going dancing - there is a DJ collective that spins in San Francisco and I *love them* and they're playing at a very cool bar/nightclub in Downtown Miami so I'm stoked! I wanted something that would energize me, and this does it:

Mysore Lime by Madhat Scents

"When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Let's Dance

SOTE

Musc Ravageur