Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 88
  1. #31
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    5,507

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Thank you Therese.



    I have increased the resolution. I just figured out how to do it! I didn't take these with a phone, I took them with a Sony Cybershot camera and the the original resolution was to big for Basenotes to upload, so I first went the smallest. Hope they present better now.
    Haha! I suppose I have nothing at all to fuss about with you now!
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

  2. #32
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tracks, Wrong Side of
    Posts
    4,965

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have increased the resolution. I just figured out how to do it! I didn't take these with a phone, I took them with a Sony Cybershot camera and the the original resolution was to big for Basenotes to upload, so I first went with the smallest. Hope they present better now.
    Now they're even more beautiful. That Patek Eclipse is just stunning, and I never, ever tire of those Movado Museum pieces. So classic.

  3. #33
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    279,770

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Now they're even more beautiful. That Patek Eclipse is just stunning, and I never, ever tire of those Movado Museum pieces. So classic.
    Thank you.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  4. #34
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    512

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    You're quite welcome and thank you for your kind words.



    Thank you very much. Well I married early in life and have grandchildren approaching 30 and a third great grandchild on the way, so I guess you could say I'm in the twilight years of my life. No longer actively working on a daily basis but if you click on my user name and click the tab about me, you'll see the info you're inquiring about.
    Wow, impressive! From PhD in linguistics to CEO of Hedge Fund.
    You should create a topic about you path in life

  5. #35
    Newbie
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    14,302

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    WHOA! What have I stumbled upon here? Watch porn??

    Thanks for taking the effort to share these pictures, hednic. Your non-investment timepieces are probably investment pieces for some of us ‘lesser mortals’. Glad to see quartz movements in the collection. Clearly you’re not a watch snob unlike some guys I know.

  6. #36
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    279,770

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    WHOA! What have I stumbled upon here? Watch porn??

    Thanks for taking the effort to share these pictures, hednic. Your non-investment timepieces are probably investment pieces for some of us ‘lesser mortals’. Glad to see quartz movements in the collection. Clearly you’re not a watch snob unlike some guys I know.
    Thank you for your kind words and you're quite welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed viewing them.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  7. #37

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Outstanding post, hednic. Your collection shows careful thinking and likely required much time to cultivate. Really appreciate you taking the time to photograph and describe everything.

    I go back and forth in terms of the size of my collection(s) in my hobbies. And I also love and collect timepieces myself and can really appreciate your passion and interest in various brands, eras, etc.

    Thanks again for sharing.

  8. #38
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    279,770

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Quote Originally Posted by soaking.fused View Post
    Outstanding post, hednic. Your collection shows careful thinking and likely required much time to cultivate. Really appreciate you taking the time to photograph and describe everything.

    I go back and forth in terms of the size of my collection(s) in my hobbies. And I also love and collect timepieces myself and can really appreciate your passion and interest in various brands, eras, etc.

    Thanks again for sharing.
    You're welcome and thank you for your kind words.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  9. #39
    Basenotes Plus

    mammakay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Marvelous! Thank you for sharing these with us.
    "Elegance is innate. It has nothing to do with being well dressed. Elegance is refusal." ---Diana Vreeland, VOGUE
    "Stink elegant!" ---C. J. Lacey, grandfather

  10. #40
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    279,770

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Quote Originally Posted by mammakay View Post
    Marvelous! Thank you for sharing these with us.
    Glad you enjoyed viewing them.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  11. #41
    Dependent Cheetah1919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,171

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Oh my, your box 2, #11.....
    Croton Skeleton watch is AWESOME!

    That is my favorite, and I’d wear it almost everyday! Thanks for taking the time to show us these lovely time pieces!

  12. #42
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    279,770

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    Oh my, your box 2, #11.....
    Croton Skeleton watch is AWESOME!

    That is my favorite, and I’d wear it almost everyday! Thanks for taking the time to show us these lovely time pieces!
    You're welcome and appreciate the kind words.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  13. #43
    Moderator

    cazaubon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Montréal and San Diego
    Posts
    5,358

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Such a beautiful collection, curated with care. I love nice watches almost as much as I like perfume. :-)

    Edit: I just read your About Me tab, fascinating life journey! I studied linguistics as well and follow Imoca 60 yacht racing. Excited for the Vendée Globe next year!

  14. #44
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    279,770

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    Such a beautiful collection, curated with care. I love nice watches almost as much as I like perfume. :-)

    Edit: I just read your About Me tab, fascinating life journey! I studied linguistics as well and follow Imoca 60 yacht racing. Excited for the Vendée Globe next year!
    Thank you for your kind remarks.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  15. #45

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Really lovely collection. Just watch out, I'm going to post my comic book collection next.

    The Chaumet is very intriguing... What does it do exactly?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

    > Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

  16. #46
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    279,770

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Really lovely collection. Just watch out, I'm going to post my comic book collection next.

    The Chaumet is very intriguing... What does it do exactly?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thank you for your kind words. I think you're referring to the one in the watch winder. The bottom window shows the minutes and when it reaches 60, the hour in the top window jumps to the next hour.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  17. #47

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    A truly classy and elegant collection! Wonderfully displayed. Thank you for taking the time to share these beauties with us!

  18. #48
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    279,770

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    A truly classy and elegant collection! Wonderfully displayed. Thank you for taking the time to share these beauties with us!
    Glad you enjoyed viewing them and thank you for your kind remarks.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  19. #49
    Dependent JJMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,022

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    I was, and still am literally drooling going from pic to pic. My word man kudos to you and your fabulous collection. Not to mention. The time it took to display, photograph and explain! You truly are top notch.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  20. #50
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    279,770

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Quote Originally Posted by JJMAN View Post
    I was, and still am literally drooling going from pic to pic. My word man kudos to you and your fabulous collection. Not to mention. The time it took to display, photograph and explain! You truly are top notch.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Thank you very much for your kind comments.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  21. #51

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Beautiful collection! Enjoy them in good health!

  22. #52
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    279,770

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Beautiful collection! Enjoy them in good health!
    Thank you Chuck.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  23. #53
    Dependent JJMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,022

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Hednic,

    Have you heard of this new watch company that broke records for Kickstarter? They're called Filippo Loreti. I wanted to get your take on them. They have some nice looking watches at a really decent price. I figured with your knowledge of time pieces you may have heard of them.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  24. #54
    Basenotes Plus
    bklow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    270

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Thanks for sharing your collection. I hope you enjoy them for many more years to come.

  25. #55
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    279,770

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Quote Originally Posted by JJMAN View Post
    Hednic,

    Have you heard of this new watch company that broke records for Kickstarter? They're called Filippo Loreti. I wanted to get your take on them. They have some nice looking watches at a really decent price. I figured with your knowledge of time pieces you may have heard of them.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately not familiar with this brand, so can't really comment on that. Sorry.
    Last edited by hednic; 21st May 2019 at 10:01 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  26. #56
    Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Here I am.
    Posts
    11,046

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Always a pleasure to be privy to some of your numerous collections.
    Gorgeous.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

  27. #57
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    6,231

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Those are mostly brands I haven't heard of. The leather straps look great. I like the simpler, more minimalist round faces such as the Longines Classic Quartz.

  28. #58
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    279,770

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    Always a pleasure to be privy to some of your numerous collections.
    Gorgeous.
    Thank you very much.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  29. #59
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Very nice collection, with some classic looks in there. I've always favored the less complicated classic looks myself. I think I'm going to have to check out some of these!

  30. #60
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    279,770

    Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

    Quote Originally Posted by swangner View Post
    Very nice collection, with some classic looks in there. I've always favored the less complicated classic looks myself. I think I'm going to have to check out some of these!
    Thank you for your kind comment.
    Last edited by hednic; 14th May 2019 at 03:51 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.




Similar Threads

  1. This seems like a bad investment...
    By taint it sweet in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 4th May 2013, 08:42 PM
  2. Oud as an Investment
    By moltening in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 23rd March 2009, 07:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000