Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

Truly awesome collection.

One day, if my lottery numbers come in.
    Currently wearing: Absinth by Nasomatto

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gilmore View Post
    Truly awesome collection.

One day, if my lottery numbers come in.
    Thank you for your kind words.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lellabelle View Post
    Beautiful collection, and great to see so many automatics. There’s something about the weight and movement of an automatic that’s extremely satisfying. Wonderful to see a couple of Omegas in the mix too; I have an affection for classic Omegas . So understated and well-proportioned. Elegant and practical.

Love it, thanks for sharing.
    You're quite welcome and thank you for your kind words.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by therese19 View Post
    Very, very nice. Thanks for posting.
    Thank you Therese.

With apologies if imposing on this wonderful and so inspirational and inspiring thread, if sometime in future (though would be delighted to do so right now) your collection for prospective/upcoming wristwatch purchases and if budget were unlimited or far more permissive, any square, tonneau, rectangular shaped in your collection would easily become and remain a major inspiration.

Trusting your watch as well as fragrance tastes to undeniable, defining, inspirational extent have gained thanks to the pictures enough data, material and recommendation (s) to last for a (both investment tier and non-investment) wristwatch collection of lifetime and even beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    With apologies if imposing on this wonderful and so inspirational and inspiring thread, if sometime in future (though would be delighted to do so right now) your collection for prospective/upcoming wristwatch purchases and if budget were unlimited or far more permissive, any square, tonneau, rectangular shaped in your collection would easily become and remain a major inspiration.

Trusting your watch as well as fragrance tastes to undeniable, defining, inspirational extent have gained thanks to the pictures enough data, material and recommendation (s) to last for a (both investment tier and non-investment) wristwatch collection of lifetime and even beyond.
    Thank you Ken for the more than kind glowing remarks. As for prospective watch purchases, I have had my eye on and have been contemplating for a while purchasing a Vacheron Constantin Malte Regulator in the Tonneau shape pictured below, but haven't decided which model to get. This would strictly be for investment as it's a very high-ticket item. As you can see above, I have more than enough for everyday wear and use and really don't need anymore. Haven't told my wife yet and she's probably going to kill me when I buy it, but if I encourage her to go ahead and buy another piece of art which is her area or another piece of jewelry, I should be safe!

Your post suggests that you might be partial to the rectangular, square, or tonneau shape case. Do you have a preference in case shape? I happen to like them also, but my wrists are not that big, so many of these shaped timepieces tend to overwhelm my arm. In any case here you can see what I am planning to get.

I have narrowed it down to five models:

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Thank you Ken for the more than kind glowing remarks. As for prospective watch purchases, I have had my eye on and have been contemplating for a while purchasing a Vacheron Constantin Malte Regulator in the Tonneau shape pictured below, but haven't decided which model to get. This would strictly be for investment as it's a very high-ticket item. As you can see above, I have more than enough for everyday wear and use and really don't need anymore. Haven't told my wife yet and she's probably going to kill me when I buy it, but if I encourage her to go ahead and buy another piece of art which is her area or another piece of jewelry, I should be safe!

Your post suggests that you might be partial to the rectangular, square, or tonneau shape case. Do you have a preference in case shape? I happen to like them also, but my wrists are not that big, so many of these shaped timepieces tend to overwhelm my arm. In any case here you can see what I am planning to get.

Any of those would be a magnificent choice. I prefer the one on the brown strap. When, if ever, do you wear your investment-grade pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Any of those would be a magnificent choice. I prefer the one on the brown strap. When, if ever, do you wear your investment-grade pieces?
    In the past, on a very rare special social outing with my wife or important high-level business meeting. Now I don't.

Hednic, if it’s for investment it seems the best choice would be the one you calculate might gain the most value in future. Have you determined that? For wearing purposes my personal choice is the second one—not that my preference is a factor. I love the way the Roman numerals stand out.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post

Thank you very much for the reply along with the great visuals attached/posted.

While the brand of Vacheron Constantin needs almost no further comment nor presentation and already being a tonneau and or tank fan as well, would personally and subjectively - if either having this choice and/or asked for an opinion- go for either model 1,2 or 5 in the order of their depiction in the photo posted.

Due to personally perceiving, at the risk of being subjective and thus inaccurate, the first two as the best at reaching a balance between timeless elegance, investment tier value and luxuriousness while all these three and more outstandingly. Along with the diamonds skillfully placed and highlighted on the fifth, all do also have the added benefit of a tourbillion. Both as a sign of horological mastery while also in perfect balance with this watch model and its remaining features.

Being quite certain that all five are great not just in terms of outer aspect but also retaining and increasing not just value but also the sheer joy of owning and wearing these over time.

At any rate, wishing you the best with any upcoming choice, knowing it will be a rewarding one irrespective of any among these five and a great now addition to an already outstanding collection.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Hednic, if it’s for investment it seems the best choice would be the one you calculate might gain the most value in future. Have you determined that? For wearing purposes my personal choice is the second one—not that my preference is a factor. I love the way the Roman numerals stand out.
    You're right and I need to really consider that and think carefully as it will impact generations down the line. There's a great disparity in the value. The first two are pretty much on par. The third is the least valuable, while the last two because of the diamonds have the most value with the fourth being close to 500K more valuable than the fifth and are likely to depreciate in value the least. Not a decision to make impetuously for sure!

Cool...
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post
    Cool...
    Thanks.

Hednic, take your time in making your decision and let us know which VC you finally decide upon. All of them are stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Thank you very much for the reply along with the great visuals attached/posted.

While the brand of Vacheron Constantin needs almost no further comment nor presentation and already being a tonneau and or tank fan as well, would personally and subjectively - if either having this choice and/or asked for an opinion- go for either model 1,2 or 5 in the order of their depiction in the photo posted.

Due to personally perceiving, at the risk of being subjective and thus inaccurate, the first two as the best at reaching a balance between timeless elegance, investment tier value and luxuriousness while all these three and more outstandingly. Along with the diamonds skillfully placed and highlighted on the fifth, all do also have the added benefit of a tourbillion. Both as a sign of horological mastery while also in perfect balance with this watch model and its remaining features.

Being quite certain that all five are great not just in terms of outer aspect but also retaining and increasing not just value but also the sheer joy of owning and wearing these over time.

At any rate, wishing you the best with any upcoming choice, knowing it will be a rewarding one irrespective of any among these five and a great now addition to an already outstanding collection.
    Thank you Ken. Narrowed it down to option #4 and #5. Will wait to see the best offer the VC manager in the NYC store makes.

Ok it’s official, you’re my hero

Quote Originally Posted by Trever1t View Post
    Thanks, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Trever1t View Post
    I wouldn't say hero, but he certainly makes me aspirational. Would be cool to hear Hednic's story some time.

I wouldn't say hero, but he certainly makes me aspirational.
    Like that better.

Got this used off eBay
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Got this used off eBay
    Very nice!

Very nice!
    Thanks! It looks better in person. It was sold as a 41mm, but it wears like a 43mm. I've always had a thing for Longines. The watch is in great shape, but the box, papers and manuals looked like it had survived a house fire! It runs and looks great, though. I paid around $480.

Well, the watch is what's important! Seems like you're always finding good prices on watches, Chuck. Do you prefer your watches to wear a bit large? That is probably the biggest watch I would be comfortable wearing.

Well, the watch is what's important! Seems like you're always finding good prices on watches, Chuck. Do you prefer your watches to wear a bit large? That is probably the biggest watch I would be comfortable wearing.
    Well, 40mm is my sweet spot. My wrists are only 7.5 inches around. I thought this would look like a 41mm, but it looks more like a 44mm Breitling Steelfish I once owned. That sucker was huge.

As for the deals, just like cologne, I am always looking for the next great score. I sold a lot of cologne to buy this watch!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Got this used off eBay
    Congrats! It doesn’t look very used at all. What I like about it is there are a lot of interesting features in the dial design but it looks very neat and is easy to read.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I'm no expert of watches (my only possessions being a couple of colorful swatches), but these look gorgeous.

One should have imagined that perfumes weren't the only collection by our own hednic. I bet we'll discover some other collection soon (whiskeys? ties? something more obscure?)

cacio
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Congrats! It doesn’t look very used at all. What I like about it is there are a lot of interesting features in the dial design but it looks very neat and is easy to read.
    Thanks! My wife likes this watch a lot...she said it's beautiful! Massive bling factor in person.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Absolutely magnificent, hednic . Thank you for sharing and consider me extremely envious !.
    Thank you for your very kind words.

40mm, to me, seems like the perfect size that could be appropriate on either a dress or a sports watch. Although a more conservative wearer may want a smaller watch for dress. Congrats again on your find, Chuck. That's a beautiful Longines.