Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Banned

Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Definitely taking my time. I was shown both contenders (option # 4 and # 5) in person at the Vacheron Constantin boutique yesterday. You're right - they are stunning - even more so in person. As a trained lapidary, the quality of the diamonds on both is spectacular. One on the left had to be flown in from Switzerland, and that took time, but it was worth it. I was presented with excellent offers on both and given a week to make a decision as one would have to be returned to Switzerland after that time. I will confer with family members and then make a decision.

Very exciting.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Very exciting.
    Well - Deal done! Went for the one on the left (30682/000G-9477) I feel like I got the best deal on this I could have gotten and they dealt with me very honestly. Couldn't pass up those beautiful 12.5 carats. Was told it would hold its value over the years and perhaps even increase. No family member pressure exerted which I was concerned about, not even from my wife which made me very happy. My last investment timepiece.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned

Well - Deal done! Went for the one on the left (30682/000G-9477) I feel like I got the best deal on this I could have gotten and they dealt with me very honestly. Couldn't pass up those beautiful 12.5 carats. Was told it would hold its value over the years and perhaps even increase. No family member pressure exerted which I was concerned about, not even from my wife which made me very happy. My last investment timepiece.
    Congratulations, Hednic! The thought of one day having a wristwatch (or anything) as gorgeous as that is very inspiring. I am really happy for you, and I'm glad everything worked out to your liking.

As this is your last investment timepiece, do you still plan to purchase other non-investment-grade timepieces? And, do you think there will come a day in your life where you will wear this?

Congrats, hednic! Wishing you great enjoyment of what can rightfully be called a masterpiece.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

Congratulations and enjoy-one of the most outstanding and exquisite watch lines from one truly impressive long time favorite horology brands

Congrats! Wonderful legacy to leave your family some day. Watches and cologne...gee, that sounds familiar...

- - - Updated - - -

This Longines Conquest is a new birthday present from my family.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations, Hednic! The thought of one day having a wristwatch (or anything) as gorgeous as that is very inspiring. I am really happy for you, and I'm glad everything worked out to your liking.

As this is your last investment timepiece, do you still plan to purchase other non-investment-grade timepieces? And, do you think there will come a day in your life where you will wear this?
    Thank you very much. I don't have plans for purchasing any more non-investment timepieces, but one never knows. As for the investment timepiece I just purchased, I would only consider wearing it out in the States if I were surrounded by bodyguards packing.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Congrats! Wonderful legacy to leave your family some day. Watches and cologne...gee, that sounds familiar...

- - - Updated - - -

Happy Birthday!
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Congrats, hednic! Wishing you great enjoyment of what can rightfully be called a masterpiece.
    Thank you very much.

Banned

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice! Do you like Longines, especially?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you very much. I don't have plans for purchasing any more non-investment timepieces, but one never knows. As for the investment timepiece I just purchased, I would only consider wearing it out in the States if I were surrounded by bodyguards packing.
    That is certainly a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Happy Birthday!
    Thanks! The big 5-2

I do like Longines. They hit my personal targets for being a bit exclusive but affordable.

Banned

Thanks! The big 5-2

I do like Longines. They hit my personal targets for being a bit exclusive but affordable.
    Happy Birthday, Chuck! I agree with you on Longines. They are nice. Your family spoils you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Congratulations and enjoy-one of the most outstanding and exquisite watch lines from one truly impressive long time favorite horology brands
    Thank you Ken. I am very happy with it.

Basenotes Plus

Default My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

Yes, congrats sir! You should take a pic wearing it like Chuck (corrected misspelling of Chuck’s name. Sorry) did. We’d love to see you sporting it! Congrats again.
    Last edited by Diddy; 13th September 2019 at 02:47 AM.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

I would try investing in time, but there's not a second to lose.

*BA DUM TISH*
    oh look, I have a signature

Outstanding collection! After wearing cheap quartzes most of my life (Timex, Fossil, Casio) I've recently been bitten by the bug and have been very interested in acquiring an entry-level automatic. Currently looking at offerings by Orient and Seiko - Citizen is nice but not to my style which is probably fairly conservative these days (I'm far from old but don't remember ever seeing watches bigger than 40mm when I was growing up.) I stopped by BN because I remembered some interesting horological content posted here, and what a timely (heh) treat to see your collection. As another poster said, how refreshing to see a number of quartz movements among your mechanicals. Am I correct in guessing that the watch winders keep those four mechanicals in a "grab and go" state like a quartz? Thanks for sharing.
    Currently wearing: Deep Forest by Bogner

Thank you. Hope they have enjoyed them as much as I have.
    Last edited by hednic; 15th September 2019 at 07:03 PM.

What a beautiful watch, Hednic! As I was catching up on the thread I found myself rooting for your ultimate selection haha. I've seen the difference between pictures and in person with some higher end pieces and can definitely imagine how stunning this watch actually is when right in front of you. Congrats, what a wonderful addition!!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Really like the "explorer" style of this watch, Chuck and agree, Longines has some very nice pieces with good value. I've had my eye on one of their Hydro Conquest models for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Yes, congrats sir! You should take a pic wearing it like Chuck did. We’d love to see you sporting it! Congrats again.
    Thank you. I'll consider the request.

Banned

I would appreciate it as well.

Basenotes Plus

Thank you for your kind remarks. I used to wear them out for very special social occasions in the past but I became very leery as I got older and my wife and I thought it better to be safe and keep them more secure.
    Ahhhh you can't take them with you. I myself would make my wife wear one on each arm! Maybe two haha
    OFFICIAL MEMBER OF CREED'S "FAN BOY" CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Pauer_Haus View Post
    Outstanding collection! I stopped by BN because I remembered some interesting horological content posted here, and what a timely (heh) treat to see your collection. As another poster said, how refreshing to see a number of quartz movements among your mechanicals. Am I correct in guessing that the watch winders keep those four mechanicals in a "grab and go" state like a quartz? Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you very much for your kind words. Yes, the four-slot watch winder pictured in the photo at the beginning of this thread keeps my everyday automatics which I rotate, wound and ready to wear as you say in a "grab and go" state. I have a much larger watch winder in the vault which has ten slots that keeps my investment automatics also in top condition.

I’m late to the party....super collection. That manual wind AP is my fav, what a classic

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    What a beautiful watch, Hednic! As I was catching up on the thread I found myself rooting for your ultimate selection haha. I've seen the difference between pictures and in person with some higher end pieces and can definitely imagine how stunning this watch actually is when right in front of you. Congrats, what a wonderful addition!!
    Thank you very much for your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by My two scents View Post
    Ahhhh you can't take them with you. I myself would make my wife wear one on each arm! Maybe two haha
    LOL! That's the problem with my extremely pricey investment watches. I must safeguard them more than I would like and have extreme caution on the rare occasion I venture out with one on my wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    I’m late to the party....super collection. That manual wind AP is my fav, what a classic
    Thank you for your kind remarks. Yes, the AP is very nice. Do you happen to own an AP yourself?

I would appreciate it as well.
    Duly noted.

LOL. As if.

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I would try investing in time, but there's not a second to lose.

*BA DUM TISH*
    All kidding aside, I honestly think that if you channeled the same enthusiasm and dedication that you share for vintage Avon fragrances into watches, your collection would be one to be admired.

Basenotes Junkie

https://www.swissluxury.com/vacheron...tourbillon.htm

is the watch you purchased this model and style?
    Currently wearing: Lemon Line by Mancera