Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
o

Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I am very fortunate in that I have lived a very blessed life full of enjoyment and free of any worries or concerns whatsoever, and am a very satisfied and extremely happy individual. I don't know if you are close with your family or even if you have a family of your own, but for me, family is everything. Because of what I have achieved and accomplished materially during my lifetime, my grandchildren's grandchildren will not want for anything and that's what's important to me.
    If it IS an investment, if it can be converted into money if necessary, then WHY should your vault of treasures be a problem? Who cares if you won't wear every watch or finish every bottle of perfume? If I were filthy rich as you are, I would have many vaults spread throughout the world. LOL.

EDIT: I feel a strong smell of envy in this thread.

ali baba.jpg
    Last edited by Andrei Bolkonsky; 18th March 2020 at 11:45 AM.
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously"

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan al Hindi View Post
    What's with all the hoarding, you planning on taking it to the grave with you?

- - - Updated - - -

A man in the twilight of his years, hiding watches in a vault that don't see the light of day? How sad man, you only live once, sell the damn things and enjoy the fruits of your labour!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei Bolkonsky View Post
    If it IS an investment, if it can be converted into money if necessary, then WHY should your vault of treasures be a problem? Who cares if you won't wear every watch or finish every bottle of perfume? If I were filthy rich as you are, I would have many vaults spread throughout the world. LOL.

EDIT: I feel a strong smell of envy in this thread.

ali baba.jpg
    Wow the salt is real.
    No need to be rude. Up to him if he stores his watches for his kids/grandkids, or whether he wears them himself.

Jeez.
    Do you even niche and/or artisanal?
    Currently wearing: Sasora by Di Ser

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by 911LambMelb View Post
    Wow the salt is real.
    No need to be rude. Up to him if he stores his watches for his kids/grandkids, or whether he wears them himself.

Jeez.
    Thank you.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

On to more pleasant thoughts: what's the next one on your radar?

In 3 years, for my 55th birthday (Lord willing), I think I will get another fairly expensive (for me) watch. Right now I am leaning heavily toward IWC. I like their 40mm blue faced Petit Prince a lot.
    Currently wearing: 1 Million by Paco Rabanne

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post

In 3 years, for my 55th birthday (Lord willing), I think I will get another fairly expensive (for me) watch. Right now I am leaning heavily toward IWC. I like their 40mm blue faced Petit Prince a lot.
    I hope your plan comes true, ChuckW!

My investment in watches is I like to rescue those vintage tiny ladies' watches that nobody wants and get them tuned up and wear them. I think they're beautiful and miniature works of art. Some may be worth something to collectors but for he most part they are not a coveted item. Nevertheless, I enjoy them tremendously. I guess you could call that an investment in happiness.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon
    Currently wearing: Angel by Thierry Mugler

I'm very content and satisfied with the watches I have acquired as investments, and as you can see from my original post, have more than enough to choose from, to wear, so have no plans for any more purchases for myself. Thanks for asking.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I'm very content and satisfied with the watches I have acquired as investments, and as you can see from my original post, have more than enough to choose from, to wear, so have no plans for any more purchases for myself. Thanks for asking.
    Just close your eyes and reach in the watch box, brother! You're sure to pick a winner.

Wait. Both Chuck and Hednic also collect watches too!?

Well dang. You both just gained even more respect.

There's a ton of awesome collections and pieces in this thread. My non-investment pieces are pretty pedestrian but include a Ventura Sparc Chrono (SP1.01S), Ventura Sparc FX, a couple of Tissot's and since I loved their story, a few Shinola's for good measure.

Looks like I could learn even more from you all here. Great thread.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

Just close your eyes and reach in the watch box, brother! You're sure to pick a winner.
    Many times during early mornings with my eyes half-opened getting ready to go to my office, that's exactly what I used to do!

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

There's a ton of awesome collections and pieces in this thread. My non-investment pieces are pretty pedestrian but include a Ventura Sparc Chrono (SP1.01S), Ventura Sparc FX, a couple of Tissot's and since I loved their story, a few Shinola's for good measure.

I like cheaper pieces, too. Lately I'm on a Jack Mason kick. They're like a cheaper take on IWC, and I can customize the straps to get an almost exact look.

- - - Updated - - -

My WOTD
    Attached Images Attached Images

I appreciate the kind remarks.

Wotd

My non-investment pieces are pretty pedestrian
    The only thing that matters is whether you like them and are comfortable with them.

The only thing that matters is whether you like them and are comfortable with them.
    Amen! Who cares what anyone else thinks about your watch? Life is too short for that. But Gerbick already knows that. He's a sharp cookie.

Wotd

Great addition, please and feel free to share (of course if you want and enjoy this) the pictures of the next, upcoming investment and/or non investment IWC watch (es) with us, having a feeling, a presentiment that they might strongly or at least somewhat resemble this particular design, style and rendition of an aviator watch.

By the way, my respect and admiration for that stunning and yet also timelessly elegant Baume&Mercier WOTD.
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

Amen! Who cares what anyone else thinks about your watch? Life is too short for that.
    Exactly!

So very true. Thank you for the wise words.

Amen! Who cares what anyone else thinks about your watch? Life is too short for that. But Gerbick already knows that. He's a sharp cookie.
    Ha! Thank you kindly sir. I'm just happy to know that I can ask you two gentlemen questions about watches and fragrances. Always great to know people that are more knowledgeable than yourself.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

Always great to know people that are more knowledgeable than yourself.
    Me? Not so much. Now Hednic is a different story.

- - - Updated - - -

Wotd