Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

Default My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

Below is my 64 count Non-Investment everyday timepiece collection. All of the watches below are Swiss made in either solid 18K Yellow, White, Rose Gold or Platinum. No Stainless Steel with the exception of the Gevril which is 18K and Stainless. All were purchased either directly from the company or an authorized dealer of the company. I also own 15 investment grade timepieces that are kept in the vault which I never wear in public anymore and will not be photographed. They are too costly and must be secured at all times. One of the watches in the vault is actually more than 2x the value of my entire 4,000 + fragrance collection. I will try my best to explain each one below the best I can to my recollection but some model names I can't remember. I hope you enjoy looking at them.

Box 1 - From top to bottom left to right;

1) Ullyse Nardin San Marco Automatic
    2) Chaumet Pleiade Date Automatic
    3) IWC Portofino - Automaric
    4) Ebel Lichine Complication Automatic
    5) Movado Museum solid 18K Automatic
    6) Mauboussin - Automatic
    7) Chaumet - Aquila Automatic Power reserve
    8) Baume & Mercier - Malibu automatic
    9) Universal Geneve - Complication Automatic
    10)Baume & Mercier - Classima Automatic
    11)Chaumet Pleiade Date Automatic
    12)Invicta Limited - Automatic Complication in Platinum and Rose Gold

DSC029892.jpg

Box 2

1) Perrelet Double Rotor Automatic
    2) Eberhard Automatic
    3) Chaumet Pleiade Power Reserve Automatic
    4) Hennel Manual
    5) Clerc Manual
    6) Patek Philippe Golden Ellipse Manual
    7) Rolex Cellini Manual
    8) Rolex Cellini Manual Mother Of Pearl Dial
    9) Piaget Quadrata Manual
    10)Audemars Piguet Classic Manual
    11)Croton Skeleton Limited Manual
    12)Baume & Mercier Hampton Power Reserve Manual

DSC029902.jpg

Box 3

1) Piaget Polo Quartz
    2) Bertolucci Vir Quartz
    3) Corum Trapeze Automatic
    4) Jean Marcel Manual
    5) Baume & Mercier Tonneau Quartz
    6) Omega DeVille Quartz
    7) Longines Quartz
    8) Corum Romulus Quartz
    9) Chaumet Quartz
    10)Maurice Lacroix Day Night Complication Manual
    11)Geneve Quartz
    12)Gevril Automatic (only watch presented in 18K and Stainless)

DSC029912.jpg

Box 4

1) Piaget Tanagra Quartz
    2) Cartier Diablo Quartz
    3) Concord Saratoga Quartz
    4) Van Cleef & Arpels Roma Quartz
    5) Bulgari Quatro Quartz
    6) Dunhill Racer Quartz
    7) Chopard Classic Quartz
    8) Ebel Lichine Quartz
    9) Concord Veneto Quartz
    10)Boucheron Quartz
    11)Concord Crystal Quartz
    12)Ebel Nouveau Lichine Quartz

DSC029922.jpg

Box 5

1) Movado Vizio Automatic
    2) Chaumet Quartz
    3) Piaget Polo Quartz
    4) Dunill Quartz
    5) Baume & Mercier Classic Quartz
    6) Concord Classic Quartz
    7) Omega DeVille Quartz
    8) Longines Classic Quartz
    9) Mauboussin Automatic
    10)Rolex Cellini Manual
    11)Chaumet Power Reserve Manual
    12)Baume & Mercier Riviera Automatic

DSC029962.jpg

Rapport Watch Winder Top

1) David Yurman Thoroughbred Automatic
    2) Gerard Perregaux Ferrari President Automatic Limited Edition

DSC029942.jpg

Rapport Watch Winder Bottom

1) Blancpain Villeret Automatic
    2) Chaumet Pleiade 12 Jump Hour Automatic

DSC029952.jpg
    Last edited by hednic; 30th April 2019 at 01:27 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned

Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

The hednic strikes back! You must have a lot of time on your hands.

Basenotes Plus

Absolutely magnificent, hednic . Thank you for sharing and consider me extremely envious !.

Thank you for sharing! Very stylish classic timepieces.

I'm no expert of watches (my only possessions being a couple of colorful swatches), but these look gorgeous.

One should have imagined that perfumes weren't the only collection by our own hednic. I bet we'll discover some other collection soon (whiskeys? ties? something more obscure?)

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Absolutely magnificent, hednic . Thank you for sharing and consider me extremely envious !.
    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I'm no expert of watches (my only possessions being a couple of colorful swatches), but these look gorgeous.

One should have imagined that perfumes weren't the only collection by our own hednic. I bet we'll discover some other collection soon (whiskeys? ties? something more obscure?)

cacio
    I appreciate your very kind words.
    Last edited by hednic; 10th July 2019 at 05:18 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Beautiful collection!

Do you ever get an opportunity to wear the Patek Philippe 5296R-010 - Rose Gold Calatrava anniversary present from your son? Others that I’m sure get a few looks are the tonneau shaped Malte by Vacheron as well as the Traditionelle; beautiful timepieces.

The Piaget Emperador is fantastic as well; great looking watch.

Are these in your regular rotation or part of the 15 investment pieces? I only ask because you make note of them in the “Let’s talk Watches” thread, but don’t see them listed here.

Given the beauty of the watches listed, it almost seems like a shame if you didn’t wear and enjoy them on occasion
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa
    Currently wearing: Lyric Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Beautiful collection!

Do you ever get an opportunity to wear the Patek Philippe 5296R-010 - Rose Gold Calatrava anniversary present from your son? Others that I’m sure get a few looks are the tonneau shaped Malte by Vacheron as well as the Traditionelle; beautiful timepieces.

The Piaget Emperador is fantastic as well; great looking watch.

Are these in your regular rotation or part of the 15 investment pieces? I only ask because you make note of them in the “Let’s talk Watches” thread, but don’t see them listed here.

Given the beauty of the watches listed, it almost seems like a shame if you didn’t wear and enjoy them on occasion
    Thank you for your kind remarks. I used to wear them out for very special social occasions in the past but I became very leery as I got older and my wife and I thought it better to be safe and keep them more secure.

Basenotes Plus

Default My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

Hey Hednic! Lovely collection, as expected, my friend. Please tell me how far away the fragrances are from these lovely timepieces so that Ill schedule enough time while Im cleaning you out.

In all seriousness, I hope you enjoy these for many many more years to come.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Hey Hednic! Lovely collection, as expected, my friend. Please tell me how far away the fragrances are from these lovely timepieces so that I’ll schedule enough time while I’m cleaning you out.

Thank you for your kinds words and stay tuned!

What an awesome collection. My favourites are the Patek Ellipse, the Bvlgari(?) with the azure strap, and the Blancpain. A very classy collection, very timess and classical in style.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    The pun police is here to issue you a citation.
    oh look, I have a signature

Beautiful collection, and great to see so many automatics. There’s something about the weight and movement of an automatic that’s extremely satisfying. Wonderful to see a couple of Omegas in the mix too; I have an affection for classic Omegas . So understated and well-proportioned. Elegant and practical.

Love it, thanks for sharing.
    Chypreish:
    /ˈSHēpRAiSH/
    adjective
    (of a person or expression) to be desirous of an abundance of chypre.
    "Today, she was feeling chypreish

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    What an awesome collection. My favourites are the Patek Ellipse, the Bvlgari(?) with the azure strap, and the Blancpain. A very classy collection, very timess and classical in style.
    Thank you.

Basenotes Junkie

Magnificent collection!
    May I ask you how old are you? Since you mentioned your age a few times in this thread.
    Also I am curious in what area do you have your business? You, obviously, can avoid replying to this one

Dependent

Lovely, I still wear my Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Carbon Chronograph daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lellabelle View Post
    Beautiful collection, and great to see so many automatics. There’s something about the weight and movement of an automatic that’s extremely satisfying. Wonderful to see a couple of Omegas in the mix too; I have an affection for classic Omegas . So understated and well-proportioned. Elegant and practical.

Love it, thanks for sharing.
    You're quite welcome and thank you for your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Magnificent collection!
    May I ask you how old are you? Since you mentioned your age a few times in this thread.
    Also I am curious in what area do you have your business? You, obviously, can avoid replying to this one
    Thank you very much. Well I married early in life and have grandchildren approaching 30 and a third great grandchild on the way, so I guess you could say I'm in the twilight years of my life. No longer actively working on a daily basis but if you click on my user name and click the tab about me, you'll see the info you're inquiring about.

Thank you, hednic, for sharing this wonderful display. It must be fun picking out a watch to wear. Are there sone favourites you wear more frequently than others?

I particularly like the one in the upper right corner of box 5. I have a penchant for square and rectangular watches.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Thank you, hednic, for sharing this wonderful display. It must be fun picking out a watch to wear. Are there some favourites you wear more frequently than others?

I particularly like the one in the upper right corner of box 5. I have a penchant for square and rectangular watches.
    Thank you for your kind words. I think the Patek Ellipse is perhaps my favorite above because I was always intrigued by how the company vacuumed cobalt vapor on to the dial to change the yellow gold dial to blue gold and then patented it so that no one else could copy it.

Always be smelling

Hey Hednic! Lovely collection, as expected, my friend. Please tell me how far away the fragrances are from these lovely timepieces so that Ill schedule enough time while Im cleaning you out.

I shall join you Diddy. It is a two man job

Great collection hednic
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post

Great collection hednic
    I thank you.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post

Great collection hednic
    Deal

Basenotes Plus

Magnificent! Thanks for taking your time to take and share the pics. At least taking pics of these is faster and easier than taking pics of more than 4000 bottles about those there is no need to prove anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    Magnificent! Thanks for taking your time to take and share the pics. At least taking pics of these is faster and easier than taking pics of more than 4000 bottles about those there is no need to prove anything.
    Thank you very much especially for your kind words.

Impressive collection! Some unique pieces and beautiful as well.The first Chaumet is very nice.( Do you like this brand?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciprian View Post
    Impressive collection! Some unique pieces and beautiful as well.The first Chaumet is very nice.( Do you like this brand?)
    Thank you kindly. Yes, I have always like Chaumet timepieces as they have always made their timepieces to be an innovative jewelry statement. Have been to their shop on Place Vendome many times.

Very, very nice. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    Lovely, I still wear my Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Carbon Chronograph daily.
    Thank you. The Royal Oak is a classic.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    ...taking pics of more than 4000 bottles about those there is no need to prove anything.
    Completely agree. In the end, whats gained from seeing his fragrances? If hes telling the truth, ok. If hes lying, ok now what? Ultimately, Hednic is still passing on a wealth of knowledge to many fragrance enthusiasts. Couple that with his kind and gentlemanly demeanor, and theres nothing more really to want from a member.

If I were to chastise him for anything it would be that he needs to upgrade that phone to send us pictures that are more clear! Come on Hednic. Time to upgrade to the iPhone X!

Quote Originally Posted by therese19 View Post
    Very, very nice.
    Thank you Therese.

If I were to chastise him for anything it would be that he needs to upgrade that phone to send us pictures that are more clear! Come on Hednic. Time to upgrade to the iPhone X!
    I have increased the resolution. I just figured out how to do it! I didn't take these with a phone, I took them with a Sony Cybershot camera and the the original resolution was to big for Basenotes to upload, so I first went with the smallest. Hope they present better now.
    Last edited by hednic; 16th March 2019 at 06:43 PM.