Code of Conduct
    Dependent

Default Serge Lutens - L'eau D'armoise ??

Has anyone tried this stuff ? In the L'eu line, but apparently an EDP. It's only been out for a couple of months, and yet it's already showing up on the discounter's sites.

I never thought I'd see the day when a new Lutens comes out, and is around for a while, and yet it's seemingly impossible to find any sort of first hand review of it on the web.
    Currently wearing: Daim Blond by Serge Lutens

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Serge Lutens - L'eau D'armoise ??

Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    Has anyone tried this stuff ? In the L'eu line, but apparently an EDP. It's only been out for a couple of months, and yet it's already showing up on the discounter's sites.
    If you don't mind, could you share which discounters?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    If you don't mind, could you share which discounters?
    FragranceX is already selling it at $104. List price through LuckyScent is $165.

The official Lutens website is down, of all things. And says :

DEAR CUSTOMERS,

NEW! SERGELUTENS.COM IS CHANGING.

We’re proud to announce that a new digital experience awaits you very soon on our e-store.

Stay tuned.

FragranceX is already selling it at $104. List price through LuckyScent is $165.

DEAR CUSTOMERS,

We’re proud to announce that a new digital experience awaits you very soon on our e-store.

Stay tuned.
    Thank you for the reply.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Freed from BN Institution

DEAR CUSTOMERS,

Stay tuned.
    It's available on the SL website: https://www.sergelutens.com/eur/l-ea...politesse.html

Available at Barney's https://www.barneys.com/product/serg...506217600.html

Available at Saks https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/serg.../0400010455713
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Rose Flash by Tauerville

I've tried L'Eau d'Armoise. Overall its aesthetic is very in line with the previous L'Eau collection, quite transparent, luminous and easy to wear. Its opening has an herbal bitterness which I assume is the wormwood, but it's relatively abstract, instead of something vividly vegetal. The dry down is a more abstract clean woody musk with a floral undertone, kind of like a woodier version of Serge Lutens L'Eau.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Interesting -The EU site is still running, but the US Lutens site is apparently under revision.

https://www.sergelutens.com/us/

Quote Originally Posted by StellaDiverFlynn View Post
    I've tried L'Eau d'Armoise. Overall its aesthetic is very in line with the previous L'Eau collection, quite transparent, luminous and easy to wear. Its opening has an herbal bitterness which I assume is the wormwood, but it's relatively abstract, instead of something vividly vegetal. The drvy down is a more abstract clean woody musk with a floral undertone, kind of like a woodier version of Serge Lutens L'Eau.
    Thank you for this. Sounds underwhelming but that’s probably why it is easy to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaDiverFlynn View Post
    I've tried L'Eau d'Armoise. Overall its aesthetic is very in line with the previous L'Eau collection, quite transparent, luminous and easy to wear. Its opening has an herbal bitterness which I assume is the wormwood, but it's relatively abstract, instead of something vividly vegetal. The dry down is a more abstract clean woody musk with a floral undertone, kind of like a woodier version of Serge Lutens L'Eau.
    I'm wearing it right now. I totally agree with your description and will add my summary in one word - UNDERWHELMING

Will check this one out soon.

I love the top notes which disappear fast. Love that herbal smell. But I expected this to be underwhelming.. It's eau de politesse so wasn't disappointed. Really like it actually

Quote Originally Posted by colourblind View Post
    I love the top notes which disappear fast. Love that herbal smell. But I expected this to be underwhelming.. It's eau de politesse so wasn't disappointed. Really like it actually
    So there's hope!