Code of Conduct

Default Trying to remember a LIQOURICE scent..approximately 10-15 years back (at least)

Hey,
    OT: Been lurking at the forum/reading reviews for quite some years so finally first post is served:

Out of curiosity I´m trying to recall a purchase from possibly 15 years ago that had a liqourice scent to it (if I´m not totally mixing things up). Not a fancy/pricy brand. Would guess on a somewhat tall/flat bottle, light/clear glass with maybe a white-ish label.

Any clues?? Just want to stick into my wardrobe and then forget about it

/J

Default Re: Trying to remember a LIQOURICE scent..approximately 10-15 years back (at least)

Lolita Lempicka au masculin?

Default Re: Trying to remember a LIQOURICE scent..approximately 10-15 years back (at least)

That was quick but unfortunately not correct! I don't recall any colours beside white (or possibly very light grey). Much taller/slimmer bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    Lolita Lempicka au masculin?
    First scent that came to mind after reading title.

Yohji Homme, per chance?

Kenzo Air?
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dealt7faux View Post
    Yohji Homme, per chance?
    That would match the OP's bottle description...it's just kind of rare. But 10 or 15 years ago? I think it was pretty popular back then...so maybe.

Lolita Lempicka is the most common licorice scent, but the bottle doesn't match the OP's recollection (if he's recalling it right).

I don't know....I think I like the Yohji guess!
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cologne by Chanel

One of the FCUKs? Maybe Him or Connect. I (unfortunately) had one and it smelled of liquorice.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Unkle Punkle View Post
    One of the FCUKs? Maybe Him or Connect.
    Possibly Connect?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

None of the above...I was just about to write something on a "japanese" theme and did a google search and this guy popped up. Seems very likely that I somehow mixed up white with black and opaque with transparent Haha, so much for my clues.
    375x500.13131.jpg

Case closed!

I’m glad you found it friend

Freed from BN Institution

Was it by any chance Un Bois Vanille from Serge Lutens? Un Bois Vanille does have a fairly prominent licorice note present. I don't consider the brand pricy compared to other houses.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Iris Ganache by Guerlain

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I’m glad you found it friend
    +1 !
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by FaceToTheHillside View Post
    None of the above...I was just about to write something on a "japanese" theme and did a google search and this guy popped up. Seems very likely that I somehow mixed up white with black and opaque with transparent Haha, so much for my clues.
    375x500.13131.jpg

Case closed!
    This is one of my favorite licorice scents. It was still dirt cheap a few years ago.

Hey,

I was recently considering Lolita Lempika Au Masculin, but now that I've seen this I'm wondering which is better? The Masaki MAT Very Male or Lempika Au Masculin??? I don't like buying redundant themes whenever possible and try to get the best of a genre.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    This is one of my favorite licorice scents. It was still dirt cheap a few years ago.
    Still seems to be in some places, but around $100 in Germany for some reason. Nice, inoffensive scent that if you like liquorice and can find it for $40 ought to be snapped up.
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Currently wearing: Patchouli by Réminiscence

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    Hey,

I was recently considering Lolita Lempika Au Masculin, but now that I've seen this I'm wondering which is better? The Masaki MAT Very Male or Lempika Au Masculin??? I don't like buying redundant themes whenever possible and try to get the best of a genre.
    Neither is 'best of genre' but both are pretty good. I prefer Mat; Very Male to Lempicka au Masculin, but only because the current version of Lempicka is so anemic.

I much prefer Liquo by Angela Ciampagna to either of these but it's also 4-5x as expensive.
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Currently wearing: Patchouli by Réminiscence

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    Still seems to be in some places, but around $100 in Germany for some reason. Nice, inoffensive scent that if you like liquorice and can find it for $40 ought to be snapped up.
    Yeah, $40 was pretty much what I bought a few years back and stumbled upon it last year on eBay with an asking price over $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    Neither is 'best of genre' but both are pretty good. I prefer Mat; Very Male to Lempicka au Masculin, but only because the current version of Lempicka is so anemic.

I much prefer Liquo by Angela Ciampagna to either of these but it's also 4-5x as expensive.
    I have a sample of Liquo and recall liking it but need to revisit it again.