Code of Conduct

Default Is This Seller Legit?

iHola! Would anyone know if this seller is legit? Any dealings with this guy? He is from the Ukraine and his feeback rating is 100%. Not sure if this product is the real deal. Please help.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F352616542900

Default Legit?

I looked at this seller with a 100% positive feedback on eBay who is from the Ukraine and has Frapin The Orchid Man. Please check out the pics including one with the wrapper. Not sure if it's legit. I don't see a batch number on the wrapper. Maybe it's not how Frapin does it? Any help would be much appreciated. Please let me know.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F264163496735

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Is This Seller Legit?

Quote Originally Posted by LatinNote View Post
    iHola! Would anyone know if this seller is legit? Any dealings with this guy? He is from the Ukraine and his feeback rating is 100%. Not sure if this product is the real deal. Please help.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F352616542900
    Instead of taking a chance with this seller, why not just get it from an authorized dealer - Fragrance & Art: https://fragrancesandart.com/en/bran...-riot/cocaine/

After you register, it's only $161.10, it's a trustworthy retailer in Sweden. I have ordered many times from them in the past. After you register on their site, they will deduct VAT from the purchase. A safer way to go IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Legit?

Hard to know for sure, but the photos of the fragrance seem fine to me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Instead of taking a chance with this seller, why not just get it from an authorized dealer - Fragrance & Art: https://fragrancesandart.com/en/bran...-riot/cocaine/

After you register, it's only $161.10, it's a trustworthy retailer in Sweden. I have ordered many times from them in the past. After you register on their site, they will deduct VAT from the purchase. A safer way to go IMO.
    I’d say take this advice, just me, but I’d be sceptical on the other one.

Hard to say on this one, but it is a great fragrance to go after!

Funny, cuz I already had that website on my bookmark. I'd feel safer with that website than that eBay seller. Thank you sir!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    I’d say take this advice, just me, but I’d be sceptical on the other one.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm going to avoid this eBayer.

Everyone starts at the beginning. This seller has very little feedback, but that does not mean he is untrustworthy. Even if you purchase from a seller with a lot of good feedback and you have successfully purchased from them before, you can never be sure that the next purchase will not prove a problem. I had that happen with a Dior a couple of years ago. It is a gamble. Go with your gut as they say. I agree with hednic, though, that your risk is substantially less if you purchase from a reputable retailer.

Of course, your credit card company will protect you against any sort of fraud, but it is a hassle to pack up anything and send it back, and in the end, in costs you money even if the seller supplies the return label. It costs you packing supplies (tape at the very least and sometimes a box if seller shipped in an envelop which too many of them do), time, aggravation, wear and tear on your motor plus petrol to bring the package to the post office, etc. In case that may sound negligible, remember the old saying to "look after the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves." Many of the largest fortunes in America were established using this mindset.

Either way, I hope you are able to secure a good bottle of the fragrance. Wear it in good health!
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts
    Currently wearing: Amarige by Givenchy

Quote Originally Posted by Oriane View Post
    Everyone starts at the beginning. This seller has very little feedback, but that does not mean he is untrustworthy. Even if you purchase from a seller with a lot of good feedback and you have successfully purchased from them before, you can never be sure that the next purchase will not prove a problem. I had that happen with a Dior a couple of years ago. It is a gamble. Go with your gut as they say. I agree with hednic, though, that your risk is substantially less if you purchase from a reputable retailer.

Of course, your credit card company will protect you against any sort of fraud, but it is a hassle to pack up anything and send it back, and in the end, in costs you money even if the seller supplies the return label. It costs you packing supplies (tape at the very least and sometimes a box if seller shipped in an envelop which too many of them do), time, aggravation, wear and tear on your motor plus petrol to bring the package to the post office, etc. In case that may sound negligible, remember the old saying to "look after the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves." Many of the largest fortunes in America were established using this mindset.

Either way, I hope you are able to secure a good bottle of the fragrance. Wear it in good health!
    Thank you very much for this. I appreciate you taking the time to type this out. Very thoughtful!

Thank you very much for this. I appreciate you taking the time to type this out. Very thoughtful!
    You are welcome. Good luck.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts
    Currently wearing: Amarige by Givenchy

Hard to know for sure, but the photos of the fragrance seem fine to me.
    Funny thing...I had noticed this seller also had Franck Boclet Tobacco, and I decided to get that instead. The description of the FB Tobacco made my mouth watery, lol.
    I had tried a sample earlier and was blown away. I also like Aramis Tobacco Reserve, fyi.

Funny thing...I had noticed this seller also had Franck Boclet Tobacco, and I decided to get that instead. The description of the FB Tobacco made my mouth watery, lol.
    I had tried a sample earlier and was blown away. I also like Aramis Tobacco Reserve, fyi.
    I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Franck Boclet at all. It's a keeper IMO.

Dependent

I never buy from anyone on ebay with less than 100 positive feedback, you will get your money back if there's an issue, but it's just a waste of time.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Franck Boclet at all. It's a keeper IMO.
    I agree. That vanilla note at the drydown- while not overpowering the tobacco.. spectacular!!

Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    I never buy from anyone on ebay with less than 100 positive feedback, you will get your money back if there's an issue, but it's just a waste of time.
    Yes. The seller's feedback is 100% positive. I believe it's worth a shot.