Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SOTD: Sunday, 24th March, 2019

It's been a day and an age since I've posted, but everyone smells so good, I can't resist! Today I am wearing a spritz of Iris 39 on the left, and Tauer's Phi Une Rose de Kandahar on the right, and am LOVING the experience! Le Labo's suede, soothing, rooty iris is a harmonious companion indeed for the Afghan Rose note in Tauer's gorgeous creation. Phi has this sweet, spicy, earthy personality, and I can't believe I have let my sample be so lonely for so long. I predict I will be draining this sample before too long, and then, who knows?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

all of this sounds wonderful, mikeperez23, so many beautiful scents and flavors! I was thinking of you because of my sample today, I read the WMSSL (What Men Should Smell Like) blog review of PHI that references it to Shalimar. The reference surprised me at first read, but the experience is so full bodied and satisfying, that perhaps I can see the writer's point.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Plus

Renee
    You have been missed - thanks for brightening our Sunday

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Hi Renee! I was just thinking of you & our adventures at the last Chicago base notes get together! Good to see you!

Mike P, I love DODO & after sampling, decided to get the travel spray of it.

Today's SOTD is Guerlain Apres l'Ondee. This is the first time I am really appreciating her. My taste must be evolving. I love this review: http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/2016/1...-apres-londee/
    It's that time of year again where my daughter asks; "Mom, why does the cat smell like Chamade?"
    Currently wearing: Paris-Riviera by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I'm resting today in all respects, wearing vintage Chanel No. 22 and very happy about it.
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it. It's The Great Shy Purge of 2019.

wearing dad's aftershave™

Sunday's jus ...

Hommage à l'homme by Lalique (2011)

/Acey

Happy Sunday all--wearing the dc'ed PG Oiseau de Nuit. It has been a while since I wore it--I forgot how sweet, smoky and leathery it is. Lovely--don't understand why it was dc'ed
    I'm rejiggering my fragrance wardrobe and am selling some things in the marketplace.
    Chanel, Guerlain, Dior, SIP, L'Artisan, Misc Vintage Frags
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/465...-Vintage-Frags

Seems like this is the way of too many good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Happy Sunday all--wearing the dc'ed PG Oiseau de Nuit. It has been a while since I wore it--I forgot how sweet, smoky and leathery it is. Lovely--don't understand why it was dc'ed

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Hi Renee! I was just thinking of you & our adventures at the last Chicago base notes get together! Good to see you!

Today's SOTD is Guerlain Apres l'Ondee. This is the first time I am really appreciating her. My taste must be evolving. I love this review: http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/2016/1...-apres-londee/
    Good to see you posting again RHM.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTE

50 sprays a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread
    Currently wearing: Voyage by Nautica

SOTE

Ormonde Jayne Champaca
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

Guerlain Santal Royal

guerlainsantalroyalpic.jpg
    Currently wearing: Bright Neroli by Ferrari

Champion Thread Killer

Blog Entries

Calvin Klein Calvin tonight
    One if by land...two if by sea...three if by air....
    Mike I'm Erika Grate , a Djin!--Or a Nym?

The power of bleu

Sort of bummed today (my team losing in the tournament does that to me) so wearing one of my happy scents: Bond Coney Island.

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Gucci PH II

Les Belles de Ricci - Délice d'Épices / Spicy Delight (1999)

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

IMG_20190125_145356_669.jpg

MANDOM by Gatsby (1970)
    oh look, I have a signature

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Renee
    You have been missed - thanks for brightening our Sunday
    Thank you sir! I see that you have been constant in your posting of gorgeous images that illustrate your scent experience of the day...how wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post

Hello! though I won't be joining this year, I will absolutely be following reports of the meet up with avid interest and great memories of the Windy City and our MagnifiSCENT Mile adventures

Acqua di Gio Profumo by Giorgio Armani
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread