Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default Kolonya by Rasei Fort

I bought a decant of this scent and have been wearing it quietly for a few days now, it's amazing! I had high hopes for it, since It got such a good review from Luca Turin and it delivers!

It has simple accords and notes and yet it has a very easy-to-observe depth to it that makes it's appeal to those who enjoy eaux-type-splash colognes as well as anyone who likes a well done masculine iris scent. Iris in a more green, clear, crisp, crunchy style - think less Dior Homme and more Hermessence Paprika Brasil. The overload of bergamot at the top is 'fresh' but also extremely luxurious. Not a cheap bergamot note like many masculine fragrances, and not a Guerlain-animalic one either.

I can't wait to wear this in super hot weather, outside.

I haven't smelled any of the other scents in the Fort & Mantle line (where Rasei Fort is the perfumer) and I felt like this 'cologne' deserved its own thread since it's being marketed under its own line (Rasei Fort)

p.s. - the bottle is also hipster-cute

"When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Kolonya by Rasei Fort

I, too, think it's pretty great, and if I were a guy I would wear it most days.
    Currently wearing: No. 19 by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

It’s been on my list to sample since the Turin review. I’ll maybe bump it to the top, with the coming warmer weather. Thanks!
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

I love it.

Are you all splashing it on or did you decant into an atomizer?

Basenotes Plus

Spraying it on.

I will splash it on when I get towards the end of my decant. I might need more of this...
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I got a dabber sample from Luckyscent a while back and was underwhelmed.
    With so many liking this one I got 5ml spray from strifeknot to spend some more time getting to know.
    Still haven't smelled what everyone else is enjoying.
    It's been a cold winter here in Reno,Nevada.
    Maybe I'll have better luck when the weather warms up here.

I'll keep trying. I have a feeling it might pay off one day when I finally get it.
    Too many people I know that have good noses' are liking this one for me to ignore. BTW - that's you posters above.
    Last edited by thebeck; 28th March 2019 at 03:23 PM.

Basenotes Plus

O
    Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer7770 View Post
    Are you all splashing it on or did you decant into an atomizer?
    Splashing. I wear all perfume on my shirt.

Basenotes Plus

"The iris-citrus accord at the top of Kolonya—real iris, mind you, not the chemically aged rye-bread, beer-belch thing they're flogging as iris of late—is so beautiful"

Top Notes: Bergamot, Neroli, Petitgrain, Clove, Nutmeg, White Pepper, Bitter Orange, Pink Grapefruit, Blood Orange, Rosewood and Orange Blossom.

Heart Notes: Rose, Coriander, Galbanum, Rosemary, Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Lavender, Angelica Root and Black Plum

Base Notes: Indian Vetiver, Oakmoss, Hay, Amber, Benzoin, Sandalwood, Virginian Cedarwood, Musk and Tobacco.

???

So does it smell like Iris, despite containing no Iris (real or synthetic).

I will give this a shot, I love Fort and Manle offerings but the poor performance really bothers me. I guess a decent splash for a laugh on a hot day would be good even if only for a few hours...

Basenotes Plus

Def smells like iris. For sure...regardless of the notes in it. Not makeup-powdery, as I said above. Green, crisp, crunchy and highly polished iris.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Def smells like iris. For sure...regardless of the notes in it. Not makeup-powdery, as I said above. Green, crisp, crunchy and highly polished iris.
    I agree.

It's a striking beauty. Refreshingly different. Nothing flashy or loud here. Just "....idle, languid luxury".

In a rare moment of satisfaction, I bought it two days after I tried it.

Basenotes Plus

When I sprayed it on I actually stopped walking..like physically stopped walking...and let the smells come over me. That happens ever so often with certain scents. It's an inherent feeling of 'I have just witnessed something beautiful'. Like coming up on a beautiful painting in a museum.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by wildrnesxperienc View Post
    It’s been on my list to sample since the Turin review. I’ll maybe bump it to the top, with the coming warmer weather. Thanks!
    This has been on my sample list for a while now too. Thanks for the thread on this one mike...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    This has been on my sample list for a while now too. Thanks for the thread on this one mike...
    It's easy to hype fragrances this good. You're welcome.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Will check in when my small decant comes

Basenotes Plus

Got my bottle.

First impressions. Very nice. I get the fuss. Smells classy and nice. A lot of notes in competition with no real standout note imo. Does indeed have an iris note, I wonder what it really is? Well blended overall and a worthy purchase. In the drydown you really get that Fort and Manle DNA as well.

Frustratingly and as usual performance is poor. But at this price I'm happy to literally treat this one as after shave. For that it is great. Big open splash bottle to use in copious amounts. This one won't last long.

Wonder why they did not put a aftershave stopper on this so only small amounts come out when you splash it on. They spent money on the outer wooden box but couldn't add a useful stopper. At a $145 for a 60ml bottle you kind of don't want to waste a drop with it accidentally pouring out when you tip the bottle to splash it on.
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Current Favorites

1. Antiquity By Areej le Dore
    2. Musk Cologne By Bortnikoff
    3. Pegwell Bay By Haeckels
    4. Terre d Hermes Edt

This is absolutely gorgeous... However, I have smelled this exact composition somewhere else before, but what?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Wonder why they did not put a aftershave stopper on this so only small amounts come out when you splash it on. They spent money on the outer wooden box but couldn't add a useful stopper. At a $145 for a 60ml bottle you kind of don't want to waste a drop with it accidentally pouring out when you tip the bottle to splash it on.
    I'd likely just decant into an atomizer bottle using a pipette or funnel.

Basenotes Plus

Have to agree with Turin on this one. It's really beautifully composed and luxurious. Would LOVE to smell this on a male.
    Currently wearing: No. 19 by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    Have to agree with Turin on this one. It's really beautifully composed and luxurious. Would LOVE to smell this on a male.
    I'll be right over!

I recommended it to a friend, who has a starting interest in vintage fragrances. By my description he went to their website and bought a sample and loves it. Is going to buy a full bottle. He said with his samples came a coupon discounting the price of the full bottle. Smart idea.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I'll be right over!

I recommended it to a friend, who has a starting interest in vintage fragrances. By my description he went to their website and bought a sample and loves it. Is going to buy a full bottle. He said with his samples came a coupon discounting the price of the full bottle. Smart idea.
    It is a smart idea, and i wonder if its a one off coupon or one that can be reused? Hint. Hint.

Edit: Just blind bought it from Luckyscent. Should be here by the end of the week.
    Last edited by wildrnesxperienc; 7th April 2019 at 12:46 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    It's kolonya. It's traditionally available in a splash format (although it's usually very cheap in comparison lol). https://theculturetrip.com/europe/tu...eys-fragrance/

Still enjoying this one on warmer nights. Getting around 3-5 hours of enjoyment out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 911LambMelb View Post
    It's kolonya. It's traditionally available in a splash format (although it's usually very cheap in comparison lol). https://theculturetrip.com/europe/tu...eys-fragrance/

Still enjoying this one on warmer nights. Getting around 3-5 hours of enjoyment out of it.
    That's a really good website you linked. Thanks for that.

Basenotes Plus

Got my bottle today, love the presentation. Simple and classy. I need more time with it obviously but the sweetness of the plum in the dry down actually brings to mind the blackberries in Jubilation XXV. Anyone else reminded of that? This smells great.

Edit: I’m referring to the vintage Jubi, seems like I read the recent formulation is less sweet?
    Last edited by wildrnesxperienc; 11th April 2019 at 01:52 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by wildrnesxperienc View Post
    Got my bottle today, love the presentation. Simple and classy. I need more time with it obviously but the sweetness of the plum in the dry down actually brings to mind the blackberries in Jubilation XXV. Anyone else reminded of that? This smells great.
    Usually I *detest* plum notes in fragrances so it's interesting that you mention it. I will try to see if I perceive this next time I wear this.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Ok. So this fragrance has made it to my list of must haves (meaning, I have ordered a backup bottle and it should last me for quite some time).

I see this as a very casual scent. Most of my fragrances are heavy, oud, musk, other woods, spices, florals etc. I don't own many fresh fragrances.
    Therefore, I normally apply a lot of thought before deciding what my SOTD will be.

With this, I don't have that. I think it being light and having mediocre performance, works in its favour. Quick run to the shops? Yep, a nice splash will do well. About to bust out some weights? A nice splash will do. It is not so strong that it will cause olfactory fatigue, so you can use something stronger later on in the day, at the same time, it is a complex fragrance that evolves. I feel really refreshed whenever I have this on, it's a great feeling.

So this fragrance for me, has filled a nice gap and is the only fragrance that I use regularly from the Fort and Manle/RF line.

Really love this one too. It's also my first Rasei Fort—I haven't tried any of the Fort & Manle fragrances, but now I'm going to! I ordered a sample of this a few months ago with a LuckyScent purchase... that's the problem with those samples, they just lead to more purchases... Finally ordered a full bottle after depleting my supply.

I find this fragrance to be so thoughtful, even eloquent. I'm not often into classic colognes, but this one has something else to say entirely.

Also as a note, I NEVER had a problem with performance from my sample. It lasted 8+ hours on me. But my first application from the big splasher left me wanting more around the 4 hour mark. I, too, will probably decant into an atomizer so that I can better judge how much is getting on my skin.

But really, so impressed with this. Love wearing it.

Basenotes Plus

Glad to see it getting some hype.

That friend who I sent a sample of already bought a FB also. He loves it.

-- Eckhart Tolle