Code of Conduct

Default Paris. Fragrance quarters?

Any particular areas (we say quarters albeit an archaic term) or roads, in Paris where I should visit for fragrance?
    Currently wearing: Oxygène Homme by Lanvin

Default Re: Paris. Fragrance quarters?

I’d say many been destroyed by protesters but I can’t confirm because I dont live there.

Away from the more obvious choices (Champs Elyesee etc). The Marais area is pretty cool. On Rue D'archieves you can find ELDO, Nicolai and some parisienne local (non touristy) Dept stores

So many places to visit... it depends on what you want.

There are many niche stores in the area immediately north and west of the Louvre: rue Castiglione-Faubourg Saint Honore-Palais Royale (Jovoy, Malle, Lutens, Nicolai, Goutal, and many more). The two big department store in the Opera area (Galeries Lafayette and Printemps) have a big niche and mainstream selection. And the Champs Elysees have the main Guerlain store and a huge Sephora.

And then you can find gems all over: the main Nicolai near place victor Hugo, Etat Libre d'Orange in the marais, the first Diptyque boutique in St Germain.

cacio

Basenotes Plus

That was very useful. Thank you Jon Rogers.
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Rue de Castiglione 75001 - is a must, just off Place Vendome.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Cheers folks, that's great!
    Probably more interested in houses with history.
    Will make a little map and work out the most efficient way round.
    Geurlain main store is a must right?! Looks pretty dope.

I've made a detailed response here

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/443...here-I-MUST-go

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
    Cheers folks, that's great!
    Probably more interested in houses with history.
    Will make a little map and work out the most efficient way round.
    Geurlain main store is a must right?! Looks pretty dope.
    Would you be able to add Creed to your list? I'd be interested in seeing some more interior photos in addition to what is available online.

38, Avenue Pierre 1er de Serbie
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing some more interior photos in addition to what is available online.

The Creed store is really nothing special at all.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

The Guerlain store is quite beautiful, with a gold mosaic. But the products are the same as in other Guerlain stores, of which there are a few around Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    The Creed store is really nothing special at all.
    Did they still have some tailor clothing goods? Some photos showed clothing on display in one of the larger rooms inside.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    The Guerlain store is quite beautiful, with a gold mosaic. But the products are the same as in other Guerlain stores, of which there are a few around Paris.
    I hope to see this Guerlain boutique one day.

Me too!
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

Did they still have some tailor clothing goods? Some photos showed clothing on display in one of the larger rooms inside.
    They had a scant few shirts, ties and handkerchiefs from what I recall last time I was there. The other boutique on the Left Bank is newer. but smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    They had a scant few shirts, ties and handkerchiefs from what I recall last time I was there. The other boutique on the Left Bank is newer. but smaller.
    Are you planning on visiting the boutique anytime soon?

Basenotes Plus

Always stop in Rue St Honore .......so many incredible perfume shops within a couple of minutes. Too many to list actually. Then you get stuck in Jovoy at the table at the back trying to make decisions. If you are staying more than a day they make up countless samples to help you decide. Jovoy also always give their regular customers beautiful gifts. Having said that ex nihilo and Annick Goutal very close are also very generous with samples.
    If you stop at Hotel Costes they leave a perfume on your pillow. And you’re right next to INUX. Same with hotel Royal st honore FKK is next door and although the boutique is small they too are generous with samples. Maitre and gantier are at most a ten minute walk away and always have beautiful extras like their shawls and gloves. Divine a few minutes more. And of course a lovely walk past the place de vendome and the opera and you’re at Galleries and printemps.

Venture out to the Palais de Royal for Serge Lutens and Rose de Rosine. And of course Caron and Guerlain( love this boutique and upstairs love looking at all the beautiful bee bottles the way they are arranged and whatever you buy as long as it can be engraved upon from lipsticks and up they engrave for free) and Dipytique.

Often overlooked is Le Sens Unique. 47 rue de ponthieu 75008 If you ring ahead they will set aside time and over champagne go into great detail and again are so very generous. Incredible selection of new fragrances. It’s like a baby Jovoy.
    "For the wise it is easy to go anywhere. Because the whole world is home to a good soul"....Democritus 470-370BC

Are you planning on visiting the boutique anytime soon?
    I'll be in Paris in May. Currently don't have plans on stopping at the Creed boutique.

Would you be able to add Creed to your list? I'd be interested in seeing some more interior photos in addition to what is available online.

Good call, Geurlain def , lol I still got get my "affairs in order" before I go then concentrate on the trip, list n map to be made.

Yes if permission granted will take some photos and post up. Lol I do notice everyone's EXTRA helpful in stores when you say your a frag enthusiast and blogging/posting your finds/ experiences 😉

Well I'm back!!
    Quelle horreur !
    Unfortunately due to time constraints and "group" activities ('meh') I wasn't able to peruse any shops! Positively I guess I have locations, maps , metro routes at the ready for the next time I have a spontaneous weekend!

I did get into a perfume shop called Monge on Rue Monge. Not any specific niche content , probably a chain of high street shops there , but I got to try some Caron's, that are all but zero in UK stores.

Oh I tried Jules too.

One thing I noticed, as in smelled most often was Yve s Rocher Cuir Vetiver or something very similar.

The only other shop I wen into was a gem of a used stuff shop, literally filled from wall to wall, and picked up an art deco print Guy Laroche silk scarf!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifti View Post
    Well I'm back!!
    Quelle horreur !
    Unfortunately due to time constraints and "group" activities ('meh') I wasn't able to peruse any shops! Positively I guess I have locations, maps , metro routes at the ready for the next time I have a spontaneous weekend!
    There will be another more satisfying and fulfilling opportunity for you in the future I'm sure.

Blog Entries

If you want to get off the beaten track there are other places to go besides the touristic shops in the centre. There is a Guerlain shop at Sèvres-Babylone, which is across the road from Le Bon Marché, and a Hermès boutique just up the road as well.
    On the other side of town in the Marais, there are ELDO, Nicolaï, Atelier Cologne, and Michel Almairac's boutique Parle moi de parfum, as well as Chanel, all within walking distance. It makes a nice afternoon out. There are also a couple of independent boutiques in the Marais, Marie Antoinette, and my personal choice Liquides - Bar à parfums, 9 rue de Normandie. It's like Jovoy but more personal.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, une parfumerie is not really a perfume shop. They do beauty treatments and sell skin care products and make up, as well as having some perfume. What you really want is un magasin de parfum.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Gardener View Post
    and my personal choice Liquides - Bar à parfums, 9 rue de Normandie. It's like Jovoy but more personal.
    Been there several times. Love the place

Just back from Paris myself. Among others, went back to the Nicolai-Poincare store for NY intense. They were giving a 15 ml bottle with the purchase of a 100ml.

I noticed certain niche (backed by the big guys) opened various stores and sale points, and the exclusive Diors and chanel further broadened their range. For instance, there is now a store selling Dior exclusives only on rue Faubourg St Honore (near the hermes store).

Check out Fragonard.
    158 avenue Verdun, 06360 Èze, France

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Check out Fragonard.
    158 avenue Verdun, 06360 Èze, France
    Stopped there on the way to Monaco. Nice place.