Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Club de nuit intense

According to mostly everyone on this thread, Aventus is inferior to CDNIM in nearly every aspect, who would've thought? I guess price is such a huge factor it seems to disregard the sheer contrast in undeniable quality of a Creed product. I can understand how some people could prefer the alternative scent, it's not science fiction, It's just some people are so privy to throw a tantrum over Aventus and how many bottles of CDNIM they could bathe in for the cost of Aventus they forget that their favorite clone wouldn't exist without the original. We have enough CDNIM threads/posts to start its own forum/fan club.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpLess View Post
    According to just about everyone on this thread, Aventus is inferior to CDNIM in every aspect go start a CDNIM forum/ fan club this is the Aventus forum.
    Is this an Aventus forum? Or an I only love Aventus nothing else titled forum? If there is dialogue that includes other frags and info about them, that relate to Aventus......it’s all good. Neither the OP or any responders did anything wrong. Ignore the thread if it irritates you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    Is this an Aventus forum? Or an I only love Aventus nothing else titled forum? If there is dialogue that includes other frags and info about them, that relate to Aventus......it’s all good. Neither the OP or any responders did anything wrong. Ignore the thread if it irritates you so much.
    Well I do know this isn't the "I hate on Aventus" or "Any cheap alternative to Aventus" forum so let us know how many CDNIM showers you could take over the cost of a flacon of Aventus? Since value is your only argument. I'll add to that by saying I don't even think CDNIM smells anything like Aventus, honestly it smells like a spicy lemon with some ambroxan, Aventus has changed a lot since.

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    My Aventus drydown is slightly fruitier and slightly weaker. Club de Nuit is smokier, projects a bit more, and lasts a bit longer...
    This sums up my take on both fragrances pretty spot on. I'll be the first to admit I am a big Aventus homer, I have gone through a handful of bottles and loved each and every one of them. I read a lot of positive things about CDNI so I snagged a bottle, and, I am impressed with it as well. I find the parallels between the two undeniable. I think it is a much better "clone" than Explorer, and I do agree, it projects better and lasts as long if not longer than Aventus. All things being equal would I wear it over Aventus? No, probably not. But, all things are not equal in this equation. It is a close enough copy of Aventus to absolutely merit the purchase and comparison.

TL;DR If you have the spare money to spend, get Aventus. If you don't, get CDNI. It is very close in smell and performance. You wont be disappointed.

I can’t deny that CDNI smells nice and has that Aventus vibe (I’ll be honest it’s a good clone and hits around the 75-80% mark imo),

Unfortunately I couldn’t pick a clone to be my signature scent, especially when it doesn’t out perform the scent it’s trying to imitate, personally I’d advise you grab a decant (from these boards) of Aventus and enjoy it in its fully formulated glory, it has a depth beyond that of anything the clones have produced and is a joy to wear.

Also, and this is subjective to some extent but what would you tell people you are wearing when using CDNI, would you fake it and claim it to be Aventus? Would you come clean and admit to wearing the clone? Would you correct them if they believed it to be Aventus? Would you just say it’s exactly what it is? For me I just couldn’t do it, it would feel like driving an MR2 that’s fitted with a Ferrari Body kit or a Hugo Boss jacket that was picked up from a Turkish market for €20...
    My Most Complimented:

1). Aventus - Creed
    2). Sauvage - Dior
    3). Allure Homme Sport - Chanel
    4). L'Homme - Prada
    5). Acqua Di Gio Profumo - Giorgio Armani
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    link?
    Wasn't sure if it's allowed to post Youtube links - here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAJ9leT3BLA

He's got another video, too, where he tries several batches of Aventus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCFOhRDAiXc

Well I do know this isn't the "I hate on Aventus" or "Any cheap alternative to Aventus" forum so let us know how many CDNIM showers you could take over the cost of a flacon of Aventus? Since value is your only argument. I'll add to that by saying I don't even think CDNIM smells anything like Aventus, honestly it smells like a spicy lemon with some ambroxan, Aventus has changed a lot since.
    Pretty sure if you open your eyes, I and most are saying we love Aventus. And people who are fortunate enough to be able to spend the high dollars it requires, are blessed and more power to ya. The fact remains, most people that aren’t frag nuts would hardly be able to tell the difference, and it lasts plenty long, and can garner just as many compliments (for those looking for them).

But you basically acting like you’re trying to “protect” the Aventus name at all costs from the big bad CDNI and other “clones”....is strange...and that’s the nice way to put it.

I'm seriously confused why people are putting CDNIM on the same throne as Aventus when it shares literally no qualities with the original other than a vague similarity after it dries down for 30 minutes, it doesn't project for longer than an hour and becomes a skin scent way too fast. I don't see why it's even considered an alternative to something luxurious like Aventus. So I'm doing my duty and warning people not to fall for this idea that they can replace Aventus for $40. I've never received a compliment from CDNIM or any Aventus clone so I can safely say that you won't garner the same amount of compliments as I have from Aventus. I don't fish for compliments as I enjoy fragrances for myself so my choice is even easier to make.

, it doesn't project for longer than an hour and becomes a skin scent way too fast.
    It's just completely not the case. Thanks for your input though.

I'm seriously confused why people are putting CDNIM on the same throne as Aventus when it shares literally no qualities with the original other than a vague similarity after it dries down for 30 minutes, it doesn't project for longer than an hour and becomes a skin scent way too fast. I don't see why it's even considered an alternative to something luxurious like Aventus. So I'm doing my duty and warning people not to fall for this idea that they can replace Aventus for $40. I've never received a compliment from CDNIM or any Aventus clone so I can safely say that you won't garner the same amount of compliments as I have from Aventus. I don't fish for compliments as I enjoy fragrances for myself so my choice is even easier to make.
    Yes, you’re clearly confused. How would it be possible for you to get a compliment from CDNI or any other clone....because from the way you talk, why would you own, let alone wear any of them. Basically from the things you’ve said, if you even own or wear these other clones, you’re an absolute hypocrite. So if you’re getting compliments, of course it’s from Aventus, that’s what you wear.

Again, you’re the only one harping on one point, that most you’ve seen don’t even agree with. And the only one ripping on a specific fragrance. I’ve pointed out how much I like both and the benefits of having either or both.

It is pretty disingenuous to say that it shares "literally no qualities" with Aventus. That is just blatantly untrue and completely misleading. Side by side is it noticeably a cheaper knock-off? Yeah, probably. But come on, you can't possibly believe the sheer number of people pointing out the similarities are all wrong. I love Aventus and would easily put it in my top five all time favorite fragrances, yet, I agree with the VAST majority of people who say there is a significant similarity between the two.

There's no need to argue - it's just scented water.

CDNIM is a bang for the buck and in the sillage most people, who aren't pros in the fragrance game, will have a hard time to tell the difference between Aventus and CDNIM.
    That difference will certainly become more prominent your own nose when wearing it by yourself.

So I see where people coming from, who like the original more - but I know people who prefer CDNIM and not because of the lower price tag.

Like I said the similarities happen about 30 minutes into CDNIM but the quality isn't there with the blending of ingredients, it's something I cannot enjoy, it isn't even close. I understand that I'm the minority here... I'll see myself out.

You're certainly welcome in the thread, your experiences just don't line up with others is all. Personally, CDNIM is very strong on me. I'm not the biggest fan of Aventus and thus can't see myself shelling out ~$400 for a fragrance I'm not madly in love with. CDNIM scratches that itch I have every couple of months for that peculiar smoky ambergris feeling which doesn't really appear anywhere else, although admittedly I need to smell some of those precursor frags mentioned in the Pierre Bourdon thread.