Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Club de nuit intense

hey there
    iam looking for a signature/allrounder fragrance.
    i used to enjoy sauvage, but nowadays everbody is wearing it.
    i feel like bleu de chanel edt doesnt last long enough on my skin..
    is club de nuit comparable to any popular scents (i have never tried aventus creed)?
    iam not sure if i want to risk a blind buy
    maybe you can help me out

Default Re: Club de nuit intense

also what do you think about Rasasi Hawas for the summer?

Essex - But born & bred in good old East London

Quote Originally Posted by pyxx666 View Post
    hey there
    iam looking for a signature/allrounder fragrance.
    i used to enjoy sauvage, but nowadays everbody is wearing it.
    i feel like bleu de chanel edt doesnt last long enough on my skin..
    is club de nuit comparable to any popular scents (i have never tried aventus creed)?
    iam not sure if i want to risk a blind buy
    maybe you can help me out
    Hi there.

I would say just buy it. It's cheap, it garners great compliments and smells great. For the money you can't go wrong. The opening can be a bit harsh but after around 20 minutes it really takes a turn for the better and IMO smells around 90% similar to Aventus. I'm not saying it's as good but it is definitely closer than the price difference would suggest.
    My All Time Favorites
    Vintage Fahrenheit - Dior
    Coromandel - Chanel
    Bois Du Portugal - Creed
    L'Air Du Desert Marocain - Tauer
    Grand Soir - Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    Oajan - Parfums De Marly
    New Haarlem - Bond No.9
    Pure Tonka - Thierry Mugler
    Currently wearing: Oajan by Parfums de Marly

Quote Originally Posted by Man Of The World View Post
    Hi there.

I would say just buy it. It's cheap, it garners great compliments and smells great. For the money you can't go wrong. The opening can be a bit harsh but after around 20 minutes it really takes a turn for the better and IMO smells around 90% similar to Aventus. I'm not saying it's as good but it is definitely closer than the price difference would suggest.
    No way in hell it's 90% similar, even after the harsh opening it's at best 75% but it's still good bang for your buck regardless.

Have you tried the new Explorer by Mont Blanc? It should be widely available, and it will give you an idea about what CDNIM smells like. Mind you, however, the former is much better executed and way more pleasant (in my opinion). I found the latter to be a chemical mess, and would definitely caution against a blind buy. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Yes way in hell its probably 90% close to Aventus, as far as most people can smell. It’s good, and inexpensive, I’d say buy the CDNI.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    Yes way in hell its probably 90% close to Aventus, as far as most people can smell. It’s good, and inexpensive, I’d say buy the CDNI.
    Problem is nobody can smell it, it's one of the worst performing fragrances in my wardrobe. People say it projects for 8 hours no way, I get 2 hours then it's gone. I own a 2016 bottle and 2018 bottle and they perform the same. I think Aventus is on so many levels better than this stuff in terms of projection and compliments, never got one from CDNIM. It's good if you want to get a vibe of what Aventus smells like but not 90%.

since i dont know what aventus smells like iam not necessarily looking for a clone. I just want to know what you think about CDNIM in terms of versatility and being an allrounder/ signature scent.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpLess View Post
    Problem is nobody can smell it, it's one of the worst performing fragrances in my wardrobe. People say it projects for 8 hours no way, I get 2 hours then it's gone. I own a 2016 bottle and 2018 bottle and they perform the same. I think Aventus is on so many levels better than this stuff in terms of projection and compliments, never got one from CDNIM. It's good if you want to get a vibe of what Aventus smells like but not 90%.

Since you mentioned CDP, also buy Tag Him. It's a Bleu clone. I top with PE Perry Ellis, also a Bleu clone. Between the two it has all the notes of Bleu.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

No way in hell it's 90% similar, even after the harsh opening it's at best 75% but it's still good bang for your buck regardless.
    Shall we meet in the middle and say 82.5%??
    My All Time Favorites
    Coromandel - Chanel
    Bois Du Portugal - Creed
    Oajan - Parfums De Marly
    New Haarlem - Bond No.9

Unfortunate if you think nobody can smell it. I’ve had more people notice it than Aventus. That being said, I wear it more, but bottom line is that it performs just fine. 75, 82.5, 90.......it can’t be measured anyway. And I’ve never had anyone tell me they can tell the difference.

OP....clone or not, it is very similar to Aventus, performs just fine, and is a solid all around any occasion fragrance. And it’s inexpensive.....unless you’re really strapped for cash, you should buy it.

@cheetah1919 is spot on

Unfortunate if you think nobody can smell it. I’ve had more people notice it than Aventus. That being said, I wear it more, but bottom line is that it performs just fine. 75, 82.5, 90.......it can’t be measured anyway. And I’ve never had anyone tell me they can tell the difference.

OP....clone or not, it is very similar to Aventus, performs just fine, and is a solid all around any occasion fragrance. And it’s inexpensive.....unless you’re really strapped for cash, you should buy it.
    I fully agree. I love Aventus and It's one of my all time favorites but I can't deny how good CDNI is on the drydown. When I wear it to work the guys in the office always ask if I'm wearing my Aventus.
    My All Time Favorites
    Coromandel - Chanel
    Bois Du Portugal - Creed
    Oajan - Parfums De Marly
    New Haarlem - Bond No.9

Quote Originally Posted by Man Of The World View Post
    I fully agree. I love Aventus and It's one of my all time favorites but I can't deny how good CDNI is on the drydown. When I wear it to work the guys in the office always ask if I'm wearing my Aventus.
    And when I wear Aventus women ask what I'm wearing

- - - Updated - - -

Guys I'm not basing my comparisons on price, this is about scent alone and Aventus is so far ahead of CDNIM in every way not sure why so many people keep trying to put CDNIM on the same pedestal. It's like comparing a box wine to a bottled wine that aged for 30 years, there's no contest. Yeah try for yourself go get a bottle for $30-40, it's not the same and you have to suffer to get to the Aventus type smell for at least 30 minutes, Aventus is good right upon spraying and stays superior from beginning to end and outperforms. Just another CDNIM inquiry thread posted on the Aventus forum so don't act surprised that a clone is getting blasted on. OP should have read Fragrantica reviews.

OP should have just read Fragrantica reviews.
    It's highly praised on Fragrantice, while Explorer is heavily disliked

And when I wear Aventus women ask what I'm wearing

- - - Updated - - -

Guys I'm not basing my comparisons on price, this is about scent alone and Aventus is so far ahead of CDNIM in every way not sure why so many people keep trying to put CDNIM on the same pedestal. It's like comparing a box wine to a bottled wine that aged for 30 years, there's no contest. Yeah try for yourself go get a bottle for $30-40, it's not the same and you have to suffer to get to the Aventus type smell for at least 30 minutes, Aventus is good right upon spraying and stays superior from beginning to end and outperforms. This thread was posted on the Aventus forum so don't act surprised that a clone is getting blasted on, OP should have just read Fragrantica reviews. There's about 10 CDNIM threads ion the last year alone.
    Blast away

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    It's highly praised on Fragrantice, while Explorer is heavily disliked
    CDNIM came out shortly after Aventus but it took Montblanc 9 years and the community was growing tired of clones. I suggested he read Fragrantica as threads like this aren't needed, plenty to glean from already.

Nothing wrong the thread or his questions in it. Sure, the OP can go find other info in other places, and he can do it right here too. We aren’t required to only give Aventus all holier than holy praise just because it’s an Aventus subforum. Anybody can come and present useful helpful information regarding something that relates to Aventus, or its smell, or whatever. I like Aventus as much as the next guy. I have it, and wear it enough to give compare and contrast to something like CDNI.

SL, you sound like you will not tolerate hearing anything other than.....Aventus Only.....for that smell. We get it, you think you can tell a vast difference between them, great. But you aren’t going to convince the masses that Aventus is the only way to get that smell, and it’s far superior and worth the huge price tag. Mainly for the OP, the info is to let him know he can get the smell, the well rounded scent, and a great price even with a blind buy.

Basenotes Member

Forget about Aventus comparisons. CDNIM is a great fragrances for the money that will also appeal to most people around you.
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Nothing wrong the thread or his questions in it. Sure, the OP can go find other info in other places, and he can do it right here too. We aren’t required to only give Aventus all holier than holy praise just because it’s an Aventus subforum. Anybody can come and present useful helpful information regarding something that relates to Aventus, or its smell, or whatever. I like Aventus as much as the next guy. I have it, and wear it enough to give compare and contrast to something like CDNI.

SL, you sound like you will not tolerate hearing anything other than.....Aventus Only.....for that smell. We get it, you think you can tell a vast difference between them, great. But you aren’t going to convince the masses that Aventus is the only way to get that smell, and it’s far superior and worth the huge price tag. Mainly for the OP, the info is to let him know he can get the smell, the well rounded scent, and a great price even with a blind buy.
    I'm not going to defend my position, plenty feel the same way as I do it goes without saying at this point, I should have stayed silent, sigh.

Basenotes Plus

My Aventus drydown is slightly fruitier and slightly weaker. Club de Nuit is smokier, projects a bit more, and lasts a bit longer. The opening 15-30 minutes of CDNI is a bit offputing in a lemon pledge way. I'm not crazy about either one, but I suppose for any price I prefer CDNI, while it seems the overwhelming majority would take Aventus. I'm not positive that a layperson would be able to tell CDNI from batch variation.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    My Aventus drydown is slightly fruitier and slightly weaker. Club de Nuit is smokier, projects a bit more, and lasts a bit longer. The opening 15-30 minutes of CDNI is a bit offputing in a lemon pledge way. I'm not crazy about either one, but I suppose for any price I prefer CDNI, while it seems the overwhelming majority would take Aventus. I'm not positive that a layperson would be able to tell CDNI from batch variation.
    I definitely concur, as would almost everyone else. Hopefully the OP gets a bottle, good chance he enjoys it very much.

I don’t know if it’s just me but I get absolutely garbage projection from CdNI. I don’t get great projection from Aventus either, but Club de Nuit is even worse. It’s almost immediately a skin scent on me while Aventus gives me at least an hour or two of mild/moderate projection. It seems my experience is the opposite of a lot of others here though, so YMMV
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

I don't find that true about CDNI at all, but I do layer it with stuff that may just be boosting the longevity.
    Four hours easily-- in a smoke-filled club.

Carolina Fragrance Reviews did a Youtube video where they blind-sniffed various Aventus clones and the original - CDNIM was the winner and Aventus the last one.
    Very funny though!

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Carolina Fragrance Reviews did a Youtube video where they blind-sniffed various Aventus clones and the original - CDNIM was the winner and Aventus the last one.
    Very funny though!
    May just look for that!

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Very funny though!
    link?

I think myself and most other fans of aventus would suggest buying the real thing over anything else (ESPECIALLY CDNI). I have heard cdnim is very lemony, almost like a lemon pledge type scent, and very synthetic. Im sure it has the same dna and shares many notes with aventus, however the quality will not be there. The quality is one of the things that sets aventus apart and makes it such a great fragrance.

The BEST aventus clones (in my opinion it is alexandria fragrances Brasilia) are about the same price as the real thing. you can get real aventus (current/newish batches) for about 70-80$ for a 50ml decant. Im sure CDNI smells good, its a clone of aventus so it should (the dna is amazing). However, it will not have the WOW factor that aventus has when you smell it, and the real thing will smell classier and better
    ''Just because I have nice things doesn't mean I'm rich; It means I spend my money poorly''
    I want to look good and smell great
    Currently wearing: Prada L'Homme by Prada

Quote Originally Posted by tcmquincy View Post
    I think myself and most other fans of aventus would suggest buying the real thing over anything else (ESPECIALLY CDNI). I have heard cdnim is very lemony, almost like a lemon pledge type scent, and very synthetic. Im sure it has the same dna and shares many notes with aventus, however the quality will not be there. The quality is one of the things that sets aventus apart and makes it such a great fragrance.

The BEST aventus clones (in my opinion it is alexandria fragrances Brasilia) are about the same price as the real thing. you can get real aventus (current/newish batches) for about 70-80$ for a 50ml decant. Im sure CDNI smells good, its a clone of aventus so it should (the dna is amazing). However, it will not have the WOW factor that aventus has when you smell it, and the real thing will smell classier and better
    CDNI actually does have a wow factor for many people.

CDNIM is excellent in my opinion, not that it matters. Not 100% on the Creed but it garners compliments easily if thats what you're after (even for me, and I rarely get compliments..) Some girls straight up asked me once if I was wearing Creed. That should tell you all you need to know.