Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gym fragrances

Default Re: Gym fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Nobody is talking about DRENCHING yourself before working out to choke people out (lol, ok maybe Jack103 is) but a couple of spritzes so you have a pleasant scent bubble and maybe a slight, faint, sillage, is awesome and in my experience, people do appreciate it. Even if I was working out next to Jack and his 8 sprays, I would highly prefer that to some stank ass dude who reeks to high heaven of B.O.
    Lmao! I was only joking, 8 sprays of Kouros would be absolutely insane and I'd never go over 2 with that scent at any moment.

On a serious note, I always do 1/2 to 1 spray of whatever I want on my chest, with some unscented deodorant under my arms to the gym, I don't see how the strength of that would be more than a regular sport deodorant, and it never has been. For those who are adamantly against fragrance at the gym, should people not wear sport deodorant to the gym either?

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Jack103 View Post
    For those who are adamantly against fragrance at the gym, should people not wear sport deodorant to the gym either?
    People should not wear body odor in the gym

Lmao! I was only joking, 8 sprays of Kouros would be absolutely insane and I'd never go over 2 with that scent at any moment. On a serious note, I always do 1/2 to 1 spray of whatever I want on my chest, with some unscented deodorant under my arms to the gym, I don't see how the strength of that would be more than a regular sport deodorant, and it never has been.
    I knew you were kidding man I was just riffing off of it..
    same for me, unscented deodaorant And 1-2 sprays up under my shirt to my torso of whatever I’m feeling like that day.

Although, like “Ilikepeeps”, I have a home gym and probably lift at home 3/4 of the time..
    Currently wearing: Layton by Parfums de Marly

Basenotes Junkie

I had a whole load of bvlgari on last nite at the gym.
    Parfum de Marly Oajan

Today Cartier Santos
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Deodorant yes. Fragrance no. Don't be that guy that stinks up the weight room. There's always that damn guy.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    Deodorant yes. Fragrance no. Don't be that guy that stinks up the weight room. There's always that damn guy.
    We here at BN don't stink with fragrances. Body odor, that's what stinks, not fragrances.
    I don't really understand why some people are so negative about fragrances at gym, but are OK with terrible body odor

Basenotes Junkie

im going to spray on some John varvatos Oud tonite before i hit the gym....maybe dozen sprays.
    Parfum de Marly Oajan

Better than bo anyday. I’ll usually go for something on the lighter side though. 18 sprays of Aventus or interlude

Kouros again today! Getting ready to deadlift

Some biotherm aqua fitness on my biceps will do the trick.

Basenotes Junkie

I would recommend spraying or overspraying John varvatos Dark Rebel for the gym. It is a very nice initial scent but dissipates really fast. Even over-application, the projection is not that good so it is non offensive in that manner. Also the scent goes into a mid range that is not challenging but a very nice designer style smoky fresh. (Yes, Dark rebel is smoky in its mid, but I still consider it a freshy).
    Parfum de Marly Oajan

C'mon, you don't wear fragrance to the gym. How many times do we have to ask this stupid question. Your body is going to heat up and that scent is going to radiate as well as stick to equipment you come in contact with. There is nothing you can do to keep yourself from smelling from the bacteria that breaks down sweat. Wear a good fragrance free deodorant and don't choke people out who are there to seriously get a workout in. Bottom line is if you are thinking about what fragrance to wear to the gym and not about the workout you are going to bust ass to at the gym reconsider your priorities.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Dynamic effort upper body day today! A light spray of Dylan Blue should do the trick

The gym owner was wearing Bvlgari Man Extreme yesterday. Pretty interesting "deep" fresh fragrance with a nice cactus note.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    C'mon, you don't wear fragrance to the gym. How many times do we have to ask this stupid question. Your body is going to heat up and that scent is going to radiate as well as stick to equipment you come in contact with. There is nothing you can do to keep yourself from smelling from the bacteria that breaks down sweat. Wear a good fragrance free deodorant and don't choke people out who are there to seriously get a workout in. Bottom line is if you are thinking about what fragrance to wear to the gym and not about the workout you are going to bust ass to at the gym reconsider your priorities.
    Socrates approach. My goal is to bust ass as hard as I can so I can radiate my 18 sprays of interlude to its fullest extent. Im not working out hard enough if others in the gym are not coughing up clouds of my scent. Its a gauge a meter here Check me

Kouros again today! Getting ready to deadlift
    A good pull always deserves a little extra skank...
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Basenotes Junkie

Tonite I am going to try a few sprays of Tom Ford Noir Femme.
    Parfum de Marly Oajan

"We here at BN don't stink with fragrances. Body odor, that's what stinks, not fragrances.
    I don't really understand why some people are so negative about fragrances at gym, but are OK with terrible body odor?"
    Amen
    I literally had to move 20 feet away from someone today due to outrageous body odor.
    I can promise you that nobody reacted to my LDDM the same way.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by vitaman View Post
    I don't really understand why some people are so negative about fragrances at gym, but are OK with terrible body odor?"
    Amen
    Amen to that! I'd rather smell fragrance 100% of the time.
    "And I am a weapon of massive consumption
    and its not my fault its how I'm program to function"

Why do you guys compare BO and fragrance? Do you think someone with BO will smell better with fragrance on him? Person with bad hygiene will stink and with perfume he will stink even more.
    Edit: today after gym, in the locker room one guy was spraying AXE on him, sometimes BO is not the worst scent.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by GioB89 View Post
    Do you think someone with BO will smell better with fragrance on him?
    Yes. In gym you get used to BO more or less and your brain starts to ignore it, unless some one stinks a lot, but you'll still be able to recognize fragrance in that environment.
    P.S. Why do you use deodorant?

Quote Originally Posted by vitaman View Post
    I don't really understand why some people are so negative about fragrances at gym, but are OK with terrible body odor?" I literally had to move 20 feet away from someone today due to outrageous body odor.
    I can promise you that nobody reacted to my LDDM the same way.
    Exactly. I couldn’t even GO IN the stretching room yesterday cause some guy with horrible B.O. had been in the room like 5 minutes earlier and the whole room was still so rank that I couldn’t even stand breathing in the room.Then near the end of my workout, I caught a whiff of Eau Sauvage Parfum and I was like mmmmmm I wish whoever that was was stretching out! In other words,
    Quote Originally Posted by raygsoko View Post
    I'd rather smell fragrance 100% of the time.
    Currently wearing: Layton by Parfums de Marly

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Yes. In gym you get used to BO more or less and your brain starts to ignore it, unless some one stinks a lot, but you'll still be able to recognize fragrance in that environment.
    P.S. Why do you use deodorant?
    My point is that best gym for me is gym without any heavy scents. And fragrance, unfortunately will not hide BO if it is there, it will make it even worse.

I use mostly unscented deodorants, main goal of good deodorant is not to hide the scent, but to kill bacteria which are source of BO.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Wearing a perfume for a workout?

Do people seriously do that?
    I was more surprised that people go to the gym.

I usually wear one of my cheaper/non-rare fragrances if I train to prepare for the coming zombie holocaust in the woods as I'll usually have a shower soon after.