Code of Conduct

Default Twisted Lily is awful

I need to vent. I received a 10ml bottle of Hiram Green Dilettante from Twisted Lily early last week. As I opened the packing box, I could smell the fragrance and, sure enough, about a fifth of the liquid was missing from the bottle. I contacted them via their website that same day regarding my situation, hoping I could send it back to get it replaced, but they did not respond. Two days later I sent them an email, which I received a reply to asking for photos of the item so they could inspect it. I sent those photos a week ago and they have not responded at all. I emailed them again and still no response.

So to repeat the title... Twisted Lily is awful. I won't be buying from them again.

Any idea what action I can take? At this point, I just want to send the item back and get a refund.

UPDATE: they resolved my issue. Please see my post below.
    Last edited by SummerUndercover; 28th March 2019 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Update

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Re: Twisted Lily is awful

They’re not on top of it as they could be. I wonder why.

I really like their shop in Brooklyn.

Dependent

Your experience is pretty much the exact opposite of mine. Last summer I placed an order for PDN NY Intense. A few days later I received an email letting me know they ran out of stock and asked what would I like to do, wait or cancel. I told them how disappointed I was because I had ordered this for a specific occasion. They replied back that they would send me a travel bottle free of charge for my inconvenience. I received that in time for the event and my order was filled a week or so later.
    Last edited by AlphaFrank75; 28th March 2019 at 02:27 PM.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I have noticed that their customer attention with dealing with them has waned over the past few months also. Maybe they are going through some personnel changes.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Missing Oakmoss

I would skip the emails, since they're not getting much response, and call their customer service number - ask to speak directly to a supervisor or manager. They have your photograps of the bottle and your order number, so it shouldn't be hard for someone in authority to okay a replacement.

Also might be worth noting that their site is currently down.

Main problem I have with them is that they never have much in stock, compared to what they show they carry.

I have never had a problem with an order, however.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFrank75 View Post
    Your experience is pretty much the exact opposite of mine. Last summer I placed an order for PDN NY Intense. A few days later I received an email letting me know they ran out of stock and asked what would I like to do, wait or cancel. I told them how disappointed I was because I had ordered this for a specific occasion. They replied back that they would send me a travel bottle free of charge for my inconvenience. I received that in time for the event and my order was filled a week or so later.
    I had the same issue last summer with an order for PDN NY Intense. However I had to reach out and contact them as it had been almost two weeks since I placed my order, and it had not shipped. I called them on the phone and they were very nice and helpful. They cancelled my order and refunded my money quickly.
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

Freed from BN Institution

I have done many orders with them in years past. Unfortunately I noticed they stopped carrying certain lines, Xerjoff for instance.
    They are quite limited to what they are selling now. I wonder why?

Never had an issue with an order.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Sous Le Vent by Guerlain

I’ve had my issues with them. I’d suggest calling the Brooklyn shop. Or directly email Stamatis at <stamatis@twistedlily.com>.
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

I’m glad most of you have had pleasant experiences with them. I tried calling the number on their website but they said the physical store doesn’t handle online orders.

I finally received a reply from them today. They are issuing a refund and they said I can just keep the bottle along with giving me 20% off my next order. While I’m still a little upset it took so long for any sort of reply, I think that was very generous of them. Thank you, Twisted Lily.

Thats unfortunate.

Never had a problem with them, shipped fast and i love they regularly have 20% coupons. I also get frustrated that they dont update their site, several products are still listed but have never been replenished.

Hopefully their site being down means they are cleaning it up

Missing Oakmoss

Quote Originally Posted by SummerUndercover View Post
    I finally received a reply from them today. They are issuing a refund and they said I can just keep the bottle along with giving me 20% off my next order. While I’m still a little upset it took so long for any sort of reply, I think that was very generous of them. Thank you, Twisted Lily.
    I'm glad it ended this way - a very good resolution.

I just got a repeat of an email that was sent two years ago. They told me the email was sent from their “staging site” while updating their live page.

They told me ".....there have been some errors when they were testing a new site" and "they're working on a new site with developers who are making sure their notifications will work when the new site is live"

Never had any problems with them. Great to have them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    I'm glad it ended this way - a very good resolution.
    Indeed. I need to ask a mod to delete this thread if possible. I'm satisfied with the outcome and I don't want this issue to be on their permanent record, so to speak.

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by SummerUndercover View Post
    Indeed. I need to ask a mod to delete this thread if possible. I'm satisfied with the outcome and I don't want this issue to be on their permanent record, so to speak.
    I think you should let this thread be. It tells us how good (albeit slow) their customer service is.
    I love that store and the folks there. Stamatis is fun to hang out with and am glad you are satisfied with the resolution.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have noticed that their customer attention with dealing with them has waned over the past few months also. Maybe they are going through some personnel changes.
    Agree. I had some issues (which were resolved) with my last couple of orders. It was annoying, though, and involved stuff that could have been avoided. And also, they had this rather dubious habit of running a 20% off sale and then when you looked at a lot of items, they simply did not list a price for them! I mean, if certain brands are excluded just say so.

I've never had any issues with them.

I wonder if they still have any connection to Parfum1 or if they sold that business off just to focus on Twisted Lily. Parfum1 used to be a pretty good place to go to for designers and some of the more common niche brands. It was sort of like a smaller, but classier Fragrancenet. But they haven't updated their stock in a long time (or updated it, but only in very small, minor increments) and I haven't had any reason to consider them in a while. They used to be good though.
    Currently wearing: Black by Puredistance

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I wonder if they still have any connection to Parfum1 or if they sold that business off just to focus on Twisted Lily.
    They're still connected. As a matter of fact if you need to check the warehouse to see if what Twisted Llily actually has in stock you have to call the number for Parfum 1
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Every 20% off they oversell. I have had to wait each and every time sometimes over a month. Already two weeks waiting on my last JSP order.
    Currently wearing: Black Tea by Murdock

It's been quite a while since I placed an order with them. I don't recall, but do they have system on their website where if their inventory for a particular fragrance is depleted, that you are prevented from placing an item in your shopping cart until it's back in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    It's been quite a while since I placed an order with them. I don't recall, but do they have system on their website where if their inventory for a particular fragrance is depleted, that you are prevented from placing an item in your shopping cart until it's back in stock?
    You would think all major outlets have this system but apparently their inventory doesn't update as quickly thus causing a over bought situation. I even bought on the first day this time. It like a roulette wheel. I must say customer service gave me options this time to proceed. I however just understood and will wait.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    You would think all major outlets have this system but apparently their inventory doesn't update as quickly thus causing a over bought situation. I even bought on the first day this time. It like a roulette wheel. I must say customer service gave me options this time to proceed. I however just understood and will wait.
    You are very patient and understanding. Don't know if I could be as such.

They have been really good, and just like others, my main gripe would be their stock. I'd be ordering a heck of a lot more if they stocked their items.

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    They have been really good, and just like others, my main gripe would be their stock. I'd be ordering a heck of a lot more if they stocked their items.
    Seconded. I fall for it every time. Still the twenty percent is a hefty discount so I am paid to wait so to speak.