Code of Conduct

Thread: One lost dude

Default One lost dude

Hi ladies, or anyone else who may stumble upon this, I'll apologize in advance. I don't know how many of 'these' types of threads get posted..

I'm looking for a women's fragrance suited towards spring/summer for my girlfriend. I dabble in men's fragrances, I can hardly call myself a novice, but, I have ZERO clue when it comes to women's fragrances. The only information I can provide is that she wears Marc Jacobs Daisy (None of the flankers), and is not a fan of vanilla dominant fragrances, which I don't really see coming into play in the warmer weather. However, no blind buy is a safe one. If you were to choose your one most complimented, mass pleasing, 'safe', etc. fragrance, that also has the performance we all look for, what would it be?

Blog Entries

Default Re: One lost dude

Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh - I like it even better than Daisy
    Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb
    Chanel Chance
    Versace Yellow Diamond
    Hermès Un Jardin Sur le Nil - not as popular/mass-appealing, but it’s similarly bright and summery, with a twist

... I’m still new, but those are the most popular/safest/mass-pleasing ones I’m familiar with/own (that are sans vanilla... although I think Daisy might have a little vanilla note?). Good luck!

Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts

Hi Jake94-

You've received some good suggestions so far. I might add Cartier's Baiser Vole, which I think is a very pretty contemporary floral.

But I have another suggestion. Since you enjoy perfume, why not take your gf out on a perfume shopping date? Have brunch/lunch and then go sniffing at your favorite perfume store. You could give her a gift certificate in advance or just offer to buy whatever she likes. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to get perfume as a gift, but often it is not quite what I would have chosen for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by grayspoole View Post
    Hi Jake94-

You've received some good suggestions so far. I might add Cartier's Baiser Vole, which I think is a very pretty contemporary floral.

But I have another suggestion. Since you enjoy perfume, why not take your gf out on a perfume shopping date? Have brunch/lunch and then go sniffing at your favorite perfume store. You could give her a gift certificate in advance or just offer to buy whatever she likes. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to get perfume as a gift, but often it is not quite what I would have chosen for myself.
    Well, this is why I asked for your help. I’m in the military, and she’s around 800 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake94 View Post
    Well, this is why I asked for your help. I’m in the military, and she’s around 800 miles away.
    Oh I see! I thought you were trying to surprise her...

In addition to Baiser Vole, I might suggest Chloe EDT or EDP.

Basenotes Plus

It might help to know her age and what kind of climate she lives in, and maybe what kind of work she does?

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    It might help to know her age and what kind of climate she lives in, and maybe what kind of work she does?
    I apologize for the late reply, we are both 24. She is living in Maine at the moment, so.. 85 degree summers, 10 degree winters. She's unfortunately not able to wear fragrance in her work setting, due to working in an allergist clinic.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Jake94 View Post
    I apologize for the late reply, we are both 24. She is living in Maine at the moment, so.. 85 degree summers, 10 degree winters. She's unfortunately not able to wear fragrance in her work setting, due to working in an allergist clinic.

Good clues! Based on all that, and her love for Daisy, I'm going to say Twilly d'Hermes. It's elegant, charming, youthful, and should win you lots of Brownie points.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26153968.html