Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Just Starting Out Sponsor
  1. #1
    New Member P_a_t_r_i_c_k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Southern Idaho
    Posts
    13

    Default First Purchase - Variety - Details Inside

    Hi there, I am new to the world of men's fragrances and wanted some opinions (quality, general sentiment) on my current purchase:


    • Hanae Mori
    • Creed Jardin D'Amalfi
    • Creed Men's Green Irish Tweed
    • Declaration D'un Soir Intense
    • Amouage Gold
    • Amouage Dia
    • Amouage Silver
    • Amouage Reflection
    • Amouage Jubilation XXV
    • Amouage Beloved
    • Penhaligon's Endymion
    • Penhaligon's Quercus
    • Penhaligon's Sartorial
    • Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
    • Terre D'Hermes


    Thank you for any opinions you can provide.
    Patrick
    Last edited by P_a_t_r_i_c_k; 1st April 2019 at 01:07 AM.
    Currently wearing: Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    276,869

    Default Re: First Purchase - Variety - Details Inside

    Welcome to you Patrick! Enjoy your time here at Basenotes! You have a wonderful list of quality acquisitions.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  3. #3

    Default Re: First Purchase - Variety - Details Inside

    Quote Originally Posted by P_a_t_r_i_c_k View Post
    Hi there, I am new to the world of men's fragrances and wanted some opinions (quality, general sentiment) on my current purchase:


    • Hanae Mori
    • Creed Jardin D'Amalfi
    • Creed Men's Green Irish Tweed
    • Declaration D'un Soir Intense
    • Amouage Gold
    • Amouage Dia
    • Amouage Silver
    • Amouage Reflection
    • Amouage Jubilation XXV
    • Amouage Beloved
    • Penhaligon's Endymion
    • Penhaligon's Quercus
    • Penhaligon's Sartorial
    • Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
    • Terre D'Hermes


    Thank you for any opinions you can provide.
    Patrick

    That's your first purchase? Are those full bottles or samples?

    You have a lot to unpack there, and have some great choices. The only one I've never tried is Amouage Silver.

    And the only small adjustment I'd make is I'd get rid of Blenheim Bouquet and substitute it with Penhaligon's Castile if possible. As for the rest...Enjoy!

  4. #4
    New Member P_a_t_r_i_c_k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Southern Idaho
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: First Purchase - Variety - Details Inside

    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    That's your first purchase? Are those full bottles or samples?

    You have a lot to unpack there, and have some great choices. The only one I've never tried is Amouage Silver.

    And the only small adjustment I'd make is I'd get rid of Blenheim Bouquet and substitute it with Penhaligon's Castile if possible. As for the rest...Enjoy!
    They are 1/4 oz, 1 oz, and one sample. I didn't want to drop a lot of money on fragrances I may not like. I'll buy larger quantities on fragrances that appeal to me later.
    Currently wearing: Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed

  5. #5

    Default Re: First Purchase - Variety - Details Inside

    Quote Originally Posted by P_a_t_r_i_c_k View Post
    They are 1/4 oz, 1 oz, and one sample. I didn't want to drop a lot of money on fragrances I may not like. I'll buy larger quantities on fragrances that appeal to me later.
    I think that makes a lot of sense.

  6. #6

    Default Re: First Purchase - Variety - Details Inside

    Welcome!

    Great selection indeed, congratulations and enjoy, especially admiring and relating with the following purchases: Cartier Declaration d'un Soir Intense, Creed GIT, all the Penhaligon's mentioned, Hermes TDH.

  7. #7
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: First Purchase - Variety - Details Inside

    I love Reflection, I am highly considering buying it myself. That or Creed Silver Mountain Water

  8. #8

    Default Re: First Purchase - Variety - Details Inside

    What a great starter selection!
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap List

    Current Favorites
    Aramis Havana, Aramis Tobacco Reserve, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Remy Latour Cigar, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    14,150

    Default Re: First Purchase - Variety - Details Inside

    You’ve done very well. Even at 1/4 oz each that is one solid collection I’ll be happy with for years. Except of course for Green Irish Tweed that for personal reasons I cannot stomach.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

  10. #10
    New Member P_a_t_r_i_c_k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Southern Idaho
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: First Purchase - Variety - Details Inside

    Thanks for all the replies so far!! Can't wait to get my order!
    Currently wearing: Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed

  11. #11
    Dependent speckmann0706's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,756

    Default Re: First Purchase - Variety - Details Inside

    Great choices to start with will give you a good feel for quality fragrances enjoy!
    Currently wearing: Allure Homme by Chanel

  12. #12
    Basenotes Plus
    Scarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,108

    Default Re: First Purchase - Variety - Details Inside

    Quote Originally Posted by P_a_t_r_i_c_k View Post
    They are 1/4 oz, 1 oz, and one sample. I didn't want to drop a lot of money on fragrances I may not like. I'll buy larger quantities on fragrances that appeal to me later.
    Very good idea.

    If I'd suggest one thing, it's only buying full bottles of stuff you absolutely love. Not like, not admire, but love.
    Most worn:

    Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella


  13. #13

    Default Re: First Purchase - Variety - Details Inside

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    If I'd suggest one thing, it's only buying full bottles of stuff you absolutely love. Not like, not admire, but love.
    Good advice.

    I wish 30 ml "travel" sizes were more common throughout the industry.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap List

    Current Favorites
    Aramis Havana, Aramis Tobacco Reserve, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Remy Latour Cigar, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

  14. #14
    Basenotes Institution
    sjg3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    41,831

    Default Re: First Purchase - Variety - Details Inside

    Nice list
    <div class="bnsotd"><b>Currently wearing:</b> <a href="ID26148387.html"><img src="http://www.basenotes.net/photos/products/33/26148387-7393.jpg"> Carven L'Eau Intense by Carven</a></div>




Similar Threads

  1. Recommend me a cheap blind buy! Details inside.
    By xxsjxx1 in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 25th May 2014, 05:36 AM
  2. Gimme 3: Your most versatile scents that aren't boring [details inside]
    By L'Homme Blanc Individuel in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 15th April 2014, 11:55 AM
  3. What's the fall/winter equivalent of Cool Water? (details inside)
    By heyguys in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 18th May 2012, 03:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000