Code of Conduct

Default Recreating Dior Savauge...

I posted a while ago looking for some help with this recreation, I couldn't decide which one I wanted more the original or the new remake. Someone posted info for the new one and I regret not saving it while I had the chance! Someone recommended that I check out this fragrance to see hedione being used skillfully, which I'm exited to do! I changed my mind and decided I wanted the original formula and then one of you changed your post!

Would any of you be so gracious as to drop me some info from gc/ms data or anything. I remember people saying it has something like 10% cetalox, 20% hedione, citrus oil top notes, and 11% habanolide?
    Last edited by Aromas Del Cielo; 9th October 2019 at 06:58 AM.

Default Re: Recreating Dior Eau Savauge...

Well the thing is that someone posted more info on it, and then deleted it from that forum. There is some info but some is missing...

There were some great suggestions but I thought I would make another post to see if anyone want to add something for this version in specific.

Are you talking about Eau Sauvage (1966) or Sauvage?

Im talking about the new version. Someone posted a gcms of it and aventus a while ago let's see if I can find it...
    CJxmfDo.jpg

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Recreating Dior Savauge...

8.2% Cetalox
    6.9% Habanolide
    9% high Patchouli Alcohol Patchouli

Bergamot, Lavender, Elemi, Sichaun Pepper CO2, Cedar, Spruce, Vetiver (bourbon type is good).
    3 ambers, Hedione, Sylvamber, Heliotropin,
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Very interesting, Paul, thank you.

Jamie had mentioned Cetalox in overdosage is beautiful, and I've been wanting to go high on it (no pun intended but wound up there) for a little bit now, so glad to see a figure of how very high it's successfully been used. That's a lot.

Also for the same reason valuable to see that high patchouli alcohol patchouli -- after receiving the pretty high purity patchoulol crystals from Christine, on that one also I'd been wanting to push and this figure is good to see as well.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    8.2% Cetalox
    6.9% Habanolide
    9% high Patchouli Alcohol Patchouli
    I think these three plus the ambers are responsible for the mad loud shrill that comes from Sauvage.
    Everything else in there are meant to temper and make it nice to shake hands with, without getting knocked over.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Is it possible to use ambroxan with ambrox dl instead of cetalox?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by amateurperfumer View Post
    Is it possible to use ambroxan with ambrox dl instead of cetalox?
    Everything is possible.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

�� I guess it is. I have attempted a clone of sauvage and used no cetalox as I don't have it. I used ambroxan instead