Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User of Toilet Water

Default Re: Today I bought April 2019

My springtime buying spree comes to an end with Amouage's Fate Man (finally), Pascal Morabito's Or Black, and Ted Lapidus's Lapidus pour Homme Sport.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Sun Song, Afternoon Swim and Cactus Garden by Louis Vuitton all 100ml EDP

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

It's been a while since I bought a fragrance, but I just pulled the trigger on 1804 by Histoires de Parfums for my wife who recently sampled it and wanted something fruity for the summer.

Basenotes Plus

Realized I basically have a lack of freshies for hot/warm/humid weather... so went ahead and re-bought, haha.

Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche 200ml

**Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Oud Essentiel by Guerlain

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hound View Post
    My springtime buying spree comes to an end with Amouage's Fate Man (finally), Pascal Morabito's Or Black, and Ted Lapidus's Lapidus pour Homme Sport.

Congrats
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Sun Song, Afternoon Swim and Cactus Garden by Louis Vuitton all 100ml EDP

Which do you like the most? I tried on both Sun Song and Cactus Garden. I think I like Cactus Garden more, but I'm not sure if I feel strongly enough about it to buy.
    Currently wearing: Arso by Profumum

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Realized I basically have a lack of freshies for hot/warm/humid weather... so went ahead and re-bought, haha.

Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche 200ml

Enjoy in good health. Very nice
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hound View Post
    Nice, just got a bottle yesterday. Interesting frag, I get a bit of cough medicine scent off the top, also reminds me of something else but I'm yet to put my finger on what that might be.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

I'm now a proud owner of Chypre-Siam
    Attachment 99930

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Which do you like the most? I tried on both Sun Song and Cactus Garden. I think I like Cactus Garden more, but I'm not sure if I feel strongly enough about it to buy.
    I haven't opened my boxes yet, but all the Vuitton SAs I spoke with tonight said they really liked Sun Song.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I'm now a proud owner of Chypre-Siam
    Attachment 99930
    Great smelling juice isn't it. Wore it yesterday and I can still smell it lightly on my wrists today. Wear it in good health.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    Nice, just got a bottle yesterday. Interesting frag, I get a bit of cough medicine scent off the top, also reminds me of something else but I'm yet to put my finger on what that might be.
    Does it remind you of Rive Gauche?
    Currently wearing: Lui by Guerlain

Yes!
    near Baden-Baden, Schwarzwald (= Black Forest region), just 12 Km / 7 miles away of French border

Jo Malone - Plum Blossom Cologne

Quite the haul, grats!

Do you recall what vintage of Grey Flannel?
    THis one , Sir!Grey Flannel.jpg

I haven't opened my boxes yet, but all the Vuitton SAs I spoke with tonight said they really liked Sun Song.
    Sun Song is nice, but it reminded me of something while I was wearing it: the cheap toiletries that were supplied for free in the men's locker room at the country club or racquet club my parents belonged to while I was growing up. After I made that realization, it wasn't as nice to me anymore--at least, not $250 nice.

Quote Originally Posted by The People's Champ View Post
    Congrats on this acquisition!

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Does it remind you of Rive Gauche?
    Ha! So I was gonna say no, not particularly, but I just smelled the atomizer of both and there might something to that comparison. Need to spend a little more time with it, see what I can see. Or smell.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Basenotes Junkie

Pulled the trigger today on Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue Sun

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 1.16.47 PM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    Ha! So I was gonna say no, not particularly, but I just smelled the atomizer of both and there might something to that comparison. Need to spend a little more time with it, see what I can see. Or smell.
    They both have pretty substantial anise notes, which is one reason I find them similar. They're also built around a similar lavender accord. And combined with the anise, it creates a shaving cream-like smell in each. Or Black comes across to me as a greener (like a dark, yellowish-green emerald) and less complex Rive Gauche.
    Currently wearing: Lui by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by shivsri View Post
    Ah, no fair! I was trying to find an old one and the oldest I got is Sanofi. Grats - how is it?!

Quote Originally Posted by bklow View Post

Whoa, what, did they change their bottles or something? Cool looking! Grats.

Edit: Oh, derp 'Part II'. Cool bottles.

A wonderful find. Does it smell similar to the original 1988 release?
    Haha, actually yes! Thing is it seems my '96 smells different than this '93 and my '88. If I'm being honest.. I prefer the '96. No idea if the formulation was changed way back then, but to me it just seems... different! Like the earlier 88/93 seem a bit deeper, thicker, and not as airy/bright?

Nice pick up!
    Thanks! Arrives tomorrow - don't think I've ever tried it before.

Enjoy in good health. Very nice
    Thanks, might get a good bit of wear down here in Texas!
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Plus

Whoa, what, did they change their bottles or something? Cool looking! Grats.

Pre-orders for the new limited re-releases. You can read about the ordering drama on the Areej thread.

Basenotes Plus

Hey all,

I purchased Clive Christian - Miami Poolside today at Neiman Marcus and the Clive Christian rep on the left in the picture is Margie Gerrard and she stated that I'm the first in the country to purchase Miami Poolside. Only available in this package/size apparently. I have it ahead of the normal release date. So, Neiman Marcus is back in my good graces. Joanne Epstein (on the right) is the Creed rep who is the only counter person at Neiman who I will deal with and she has always been great to me. We are standing in from of the joint counter where Creed/Clive Christian/House of Sillage have different spaces.

I sample the fragrance on a tester strip and the immediate blast of the opening smells like a designer scent initially and I was taken aback by this and immediately said to Margie, of Clive Christian, that this is quite a departure from what I normally get from Clive Christian, then upon waiting several minutes the scent settled and I was able to get more high quality and niche smelling notes that I would expect. The quality is good and if you smell this at a counter be sure to give this several minutes to develop or you might think Clive Christian has radically altered their brand. They haven't and the scent is very good. A solid summer offering. It would be better if a full bottle was available.

Shh, don't say anything, but I also picked up a backup bottle of Green Lavender Cologne Intense from The Art of Shaving shop. Joanne thinks I only bought fragrances from her shop at the Fashion Show Mall. I had to grab that because I put a huge dent in the tiny 30ml bottle I currently have. I go through the stuff like water when I wear it.

It was a great day at the mall.

Basenotes Plus

Grats spencer, . Not sure I even heard of this Clive before! If I see it at my local NM later on, I'll give it a sniff!
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Plus

Grats spencer, . Not sure I even heard of this Clive before! If I see it at my local NM later on, I'll give it a sniff!
    Thanks. A thread was posted on Basenotes on March 20th about the announcement. I was just in the right place at the right time and just happened to really like the scent on the test strip, so I asked if I could buy it and they said it wasn't available at the moment, but then after some thought she couldn't figure out why a pre-sale couldn't just turn into a 'sale' right now, so I ended up being the first person anywhere to buy it. It feels pretty cool to be the first owner of any fragrance, especially one I was going to buy anyway. I almost don't want to use it, but forget that, my desire to wear fragrance overpowers any such sentimental wishwash. I just hope it doesn't grow on me and end up being a high ranking favorite because there is no full bottle available. It's not cool to grow to love a fragrance that has a finite small number of uses.

Two Carthusia scents:

Numero Uno

Sirena

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    Thanks. A thread was posted on Basenotes on March 20th about the announcement. I was just in the right place at the right time and just happened to really like the scent on the test strip, so I asked if I could buy it and they said it wasn't available at the moment, but then after some thought she couldn't figure out why a pre-sale couldn't just turn into a 'sale' right now, so I ended up being the first person anywhere to buy it. It feels pretty cool to be the first owner of any fragrance, especially one I was going to buy anyway. I almost don't want to use it, but forget that, my desire to wear fragrance overpowers any such sentimental wishwash. I just hope it doesn't grow on me and end up being a high ranking favorite because there is no full bottle available. It's not cool to grow to love a fragrance that has a finite small number of uses.
    Wait, are they planning to release full-sized bottles of it or no? Hmmm. Watch it grow on you and become a staple!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Two Carthusia scents:

Numero Uno

Sirena
    Never tried these before - what do you get from them, Chuck? Grats!
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Plus

Boadicea the Victorious - Lavish - I'm a vetiver nut - can't get enough of it apparently.

All Hail King Kouros!

Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle Music for a While

I'm a bit surprised at how polarizing this one seems to be. I'm not normally much of a fan of fougeres or lavender in general, but I think this fragrance is stunning on my skin. The pineapple is bright and juicy with just a hint of lavender and earthy patchouli. I love it. I have a feeling it's going to get a lot of wear this spring and summer.

Quote Originally Posted by shivsri View Post
    Very nice

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast