Code of Conduct

Default Mystery Schiaparelli perfume - Splendid de Schiaparelli

Hi all,

I just bought a mystery Schiaparelli fragrance, that I can´t find any information on. I haven´t received it yet but will hopefully this week (together with two other perfumes that was part of the package: Ma Griffe and Via Lanvin).

Have any of you of Splendid de Schiaparelli in your collection, or have you tried it or even heard of it? When was it produced and what can I expect scent-vise?

The only internet match I´ve had, is that a similar bottle was sold in an auction (for like 30 USD) in 2009. That bottle has the same box and bottle design but a different etiquette.

By the way this is a brand I´m very curious about, but never have tried. On top of my list are Shocking (of course) and Snuff.

Here´s what my bottle looks like:
    splendid_1.jpg
    splendid_2.jpg

And here´s what the only other bottle I´ve seen looks like:
    splendid_3.jpg
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Mystery Schiaparelli perfume - Splendid de Schiaparelli

Maybe Grayspoole will chime in here; she's done a lot more digging in the archives than I have. I've done a lot of reading about old Schiaparellis, and have never come across Splendid.

Sounds like a rarity, curious to hear what you think. Schiaparelli at some point started to make a few "S" perfumes (S, sleeping, and others) this must be a minor iteration on this.

I love Shocking and Snuff, especially shocking. It's not hard to find for decent prices, but it is usually ruined, at least in the top. Snuff is prohibitively expensive.

cacio

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Sounds like a rarity, curious to hear what you think. Schiaparelli at some point started to make a few "S" perfumes (S, sleeping, and others) this must be a minor iteration on this.
    Hopefully not so minor!

The one I've always wanted to get my hands on is "Schiap". You just know with giving it her own nickname, it would have to be something fun.

Pelle, I have a Ma Griffe parfum that's as old (or older) than the one in your photo. Whole chunks of its scent have totally decayed, but even in its ragged state you can tell what a fabulous green it was at one time.

Thank you for you answers! All the perfumes in the package are unopened(/sealed?) and I’m not sure I have the nerve to ”blind break the seal”...

I’ll try to find out some more, maybe email the company although I guess they have no clue.

What can you tell from the bottle and the two etiquette designs? Do you know in which years they were used?
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread