Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    5,633
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Avon Mad Men - A Masculine Fragrance History : Part 2, Halcyon Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I talked about this in the thread about your very first cologne, but Zealot, do you happen to know the name of an old old Avon boys cologne?

    It came in a brown, horseshoe shaped, plastic bottle with a western design on the front.
    Sounds like a novelty decanter and not a stock release. Wild Country, Leather, and Clint came in that bottle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce2 View Post
    Really enjoy your writing. Found the Avon for Men articles quite good - now I’ll have to add Wild Country to my collection.
    You won't regret it. If you're getting a splash, cap needs to be silver. If you're getting a spray, make sure it has the older logo on the sticker (curvy letters surrounding a steer).
    oh look, I have a signature

  2. #32
    Super Member Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    430

    Default Re: Avon Mad Men - A Masculine Fragrance History : Part 2, Halcyon Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Sounds like a novelty decanter and not a stock release. Wild Country, Leather, and Clint came in that bottle.

    Thanks. I'll have to look those up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    You won't regret it. If you're getting a splash, cap needs to be silver. If you're getting a spray, make sure it has the older logo on the sticker (curvy letters surrounding a steer).
    Older logo....go vintage? Is it better than the current Wild Country?

  3. #33
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    5,633
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Avon Mad Men - A Masculine Fragrance History : Part 2, Halcyon Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Thanks. I'll have to look those up.



    Older logo....go vintage? Is it better than the current Wild Country?
    It is drier, muskier, a pinch more leathery, and mossier than current.
    oh look, I have a signature

  4. #34
    Super Member Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    430

    Default Re: Avon Mad Men - A Masculine Fragrance History : Part 2, Halcyon Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    It is drier, muskier, a pinch more leathery, and mossier than current.
    Actually, I kept searching and found out it was BUCKAROO! lol
    I did an image search of avon vintage boys cologne. Now I'm trying to get ahold of some of it.
    Thanks, again, ZC.

  5. #35
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    5,633
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Avon Mad Men - A Masculine Fragrance History : Part 2, Halcyon Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Actually, I kept searching and found out it was BUCKAROO! lol
    I did an image search of avon vintage boys cologne. Now I'm trying to get ahold of some of it.
    Thanks, again, ZC.
    Oh that was one of the cringey attempts Avon made to pitch cologne at boys. They had an Avon "Rookie" too. They used pre-existing compositions (Rookie was Avon Lover Boy), so I bet Buckaroo was still either Wild Country, Leather, or Clint. Something appropriately cowboyish
    oh look, I have a signature

  6. #36
    Super Member Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    430

    Default Re: Avon Mad Men - A Masculine Fragrance History : Part 2, Halcyon Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Oh that was one of the cringey attempts Avon made to pitch cologne at boys. They had an Avon "Rookie" too. They used pre-existing compositions (Rookie was Avon Lover Boy), so I bet Buckaroo was still either Wild Country, Leather, or Clint. Something appropriately cowboyish
    Oh yeah? Ok. That's good to know. It'll be a while but I'll be circling back to this to try to find some older bottles of these.
    Thanks!

  7. #37
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    5,633
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Avon Mad Men - A Masculine Fragrance History : Part 2, Halcyon Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Oh yeah? Ok. That's good to know. It'll be a while but I'll be circling back to this to try to find some older bottles of these.
    Thanks!
    Creed made perfume for babies, so it gets weirder than that.
    oh look, I have a signature

  8. #38
    Super Member Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    430

    Default Re: Avon Mad Men - A Masculine Fragrance History : Part 2, Halcyon Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Creed made perfume for babies, so it gets weirder than that.
    Cologne for kids doesn't seem too out of the ordinary. But babies? Ha, that sounds like one of those fake SNL commercials.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000