Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Default FragranceNet Aventus Doubts

    Hi Folks

    Finally bit the bullet and got the aventus for $276 from Google Express via FragranceNet. The batch was 18G11 or 18G21, cant remember but definitely 18Gxx 100%😊

    While it smelt great, it wouldn't last more than an hour. I did get a sample from Creed's site and that lasted longer. Clearly there was difference in longevity.

    Creed says FragranceNet sells counterfeit stuff and they there is a case in progress to stop that. Today via chat.

    Are there folks on here who have had similar issues? Think it's a bad batch? Try another bottle from FragranceNet?

    Much appreciate your guidance!

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    281,909

    Default Re: FragranceNet Aventus Doubts

    Can't speak to the question of batch difference, but Fragrancenet is a legit discounter, so I am sure your bottle is legit. One-hour longevity seems strange though. How many sprays did you apply?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  3. #3

    Default Re: FragranceNet Aventus Doubts

    aventus does go away after an hour to the untrained nose, but thats just olfactory fatigue. try using 4 full sprays, ask a friend 5 hours later if he can smell it on you, most likely will get a yes. because of the price of aventus i know a lot of people use 1-2 baby sprays because they find it so precious. just go all out and use it like any other fragrance.

  4. #4

    Default Re: FragranceNet Aventus Doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Can't speak to the question of batch difference, but Fragrancenet is a legit discounter, so I am sure your bottle is legit. One-hour longevity seems strange though. How many sprays did you apply?
    Thanks, I followed their FAQs of applying some lotion first behind the ears and wrist and applied it these 4 spots with 2 sprays each.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyle View Post
    1-2 baby sprays because they find it so precious. just go all out and use it like any other fragrance.
    I think I did do a full press spray but the concern is the different in the sampler (from creed) vs bottle (from FN)

  5. #5
    Dependent
    techt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    South Lake Tahoe
    Posts
    4,090

    Default Re: FragranceNet Aventus Doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyle View Post
    aventus does go away after an hour to the untrained nose, but thats just olfactory fatigue. try using 4 full sprays, ask a friend 5 hours later if he can smell it on you, most likely will get a yes. because of the price of aventus i know a lot of people use 1-2 baby sprays because they find it so precious. just go all out and use it like any other fragrance.


    Perfectly legit, being doing biz with them for years.

  6. #6

    Default Re: FragranceNet Aventus Doubts

    it's real, aventus is super watered down and doesnt last more than a couple hours anymore. you should buy from the facebook groups aventus addicts though. the admins sell 100ml bottles for 220. 100% real

  7. #7

    Default Re: FragranceNet Aventus Doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by Thankmelater View Post
    it's real, aventus is super watered down and doesnt last more than a couple hours anymore. you should buy from the facebook groups aventus addicts though. the admins sell 100ml bottles for 220. 100% real
    Wrong. I own only modern aventus 17s01,17y02,18d01,18e01. With 2-3 sprays I reach easily 10 hours, with 17s01 eve more, with one spray. Maybe is skin chemistry
    I am lucky.

  8. #8

    Default Re: FragranceNet Aventus Doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by Thankmelater View Post
    it's real, aventus is super watered down and doesnt last more than a couple hours anymore. you should buy from the facebook groups aventus addicts though. the admins sell 100ml bottles for 220. 100% real
    interesting, sent in a join request. thanks!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TopoGigio View Post
    I am lucky.
    Nice!!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post


    Perfectly legit, being doing biz with them for years.
    Recommend I give them one more try? Hopefully not the same batch!

  9. #9
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,204

    Default Re: FragranceNet Aventus Doubts

    Don't be too quick to waste your money buying what you think is "real" Aventus. You have real Aventus....Fragrancenet does not sell fakes.

    All your bottle needs is a little more time. It's common for certain Creeds to smell better over the next few months after they are sprayed.

    My Green Irish Tweed smelled like nothing when I first sprayed it 8 years ago, now it smells great. Aventus was the same way. It now smells like the fragrance I thought I was buying, but it certainly didn't about a year ago.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

    Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

  10. #10

    Default Re: FragranceNet Aventus Doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Don't be too quick to waste your money buying what you think is "real" Aventus. You have real Aventus....Fragrancenet does not sell fakes.

    All your bottle needs is a little more time. It's common for certain Creeds to smell better over the next few months after they are sprayed.

    My Green Irish Tweed smelled like nothing when I first sprayed it 8 years ago, now it smells great. Aventus was the same way. It now smells like the fragrance I thought I was buying, but it certainly didn't about a year ago.
    Thanks Ages like Wine, eh :?

  11. #11
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    around
    Posts
    376

    Default Re: FragranceNet Aventus Doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    My Green Irish Tweed smelled like nothing when I first sprayed it 8 years ago, now it smells great. Aventus was the same way. It now smells like the fragrance I thought I was buying, but it certainly didn't about a year ago.

    THIS x1000. I was just over at the GIT batches thread and there's the same thing going on, with people spraying some initial sprays of a brand new full bottle (doesn't matter if it's a 2018 bottle or a new old stock 2016/2015 bottle) and they complain about a lack of smell/lack of longevity. But then, after doing more sprays, or living with the bottle for a week or so, it opens up.

  12. #12
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,204

    Default Re: FragranceNet Aventus Doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by luvdodo View Post
    Thanks Ages like Wine, eh :?
    Sounds absurd, I know. But there are too many people here that report certain Creeds "blossoming" in the bottle after time passes for there to be nothing to it.

    Some here believe it....others don't. But there was just no doubt about it, for me.

    I wouldn't say this phenomenon happens with ALL Creeds, but certain ones, yes.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

    Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626




Similar Threads

  1. Fake Aventus from Fragrancenet???
    By Aposan in forum Creed Aventus Subforum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29th January 2019, 02:38 PM
  2. Aventus from Fragrancenet
    By Opiate in forum Creed Aventus Subforum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th August 2018, 12:19 AM
  3. git vs aventus from neimans or fragrancenet
    By Dixon Cider in forum Creed Aventus Subforum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 8th August 2014, 10:38 PM
  4. My 1st Niche! If I order Aventus from fragrancenet...?
    By L'Homme Blanc Individuel in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 7th July 2012, 09:06 PM
  5. Aventus now available on Fragrancenet
    By shahshai in forum Creed Aventus Subforum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10th April 2011, 07:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000