Code of Conduct

Default FragranceNet Aventus Doubts

Hi Folks

Finally bit the bullet and got the aventus for $276 from Google Express via FragranceNet. The batch was 18G11 or 18G21, cant remember but definitely 18Gxx 100%😊

While it smelt great, it wouldn't last more than an hour. I did get a sample from Creed's site and that lasted longer. Clearly there was difference in longevity.

Creed says FragranceNet sells counterfeit stuff and they there is a case in progress to stop that. Today via chat.

Are there folks on here who have had similar issues? Think it's a bad batch? Try another bottle from FragranceNet?

Much appreciate your guidance!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: FragranceNet Aventus Doubts

Can't speak to the question of batch difference, but Fragrancenet is a legit discounter, so I am sure your bottle is legit. One-hour longevity seems strange though. How many sprays did you apply?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

aventus does go away after an hour to the untrained nose, but thats just olfactory fatigue. try using 4 full sprays, ask a friend 5 hours later if he can smell it on you, most likely will get a yes. because of the price of aventus i know a lot of people use 1-2 baby sprays because they find it so precious. just go all out and use it like any other fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Can't speak to the question of batch difference, but Fragrancenet is a legit discounter, so I am sure your bottle is legit. One-hour longevity seems strange though. How many sprays did you apply?
    Thanks, I followed their FAQs of applying some lotion first behind the ears and wrist and applied it these 4 spots with 2 sprays each.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyle View Post
    1-2 baby sprays because they find it so precious. just go all out and use it like any other fragrance.
    I think I did do a full press spray but the concern is the different in the sampler (from creed) vs bottle (from FN)

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyle View Post
    aventus does go away after an hour to the untrained nose, but thats just olfactory fatigue. try using 4 full sprays, ask a friend 5 hours later if he can smell it on you, most likely will get a yes. because of the price of aventus i know a lot of people use 1-2 baby sprays because they find it so precious. just go all out and use it like any other fragrance.

Perfectly legit, being doing biz with them for years.

it's real, aventus is super watered down and doesnt last more than a couple hours anymore. you should buy from the facebook groups aventus addicts though. the admins sell 100ml bottles for 220. 100% real

Quote Originally Posted by Thankmelater View Post
    it's real, aventus is super watered down and doesnt last more than a couple hours anymore. you should buy from the facebook groups aventus addicts though. the admins sell 100ml bottles for 220. 100% real
    Wrong. I own only modern aventus 17s01,17y02,18d01,18e01. With 2-3 sprays I reach easily 10 hours, with 17s01 eve more, with one spray. Maybe is skin chemistry
    I am lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Thankmelater View Post
    interesting, sent in a join request. thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TopoGigio View Post
    I am lucky.
    Nice!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post

Perfectly legit, being doing biz with them for years.
    Recommend I give them one more try? Hopefully not the same batch!

Don't be too quick to waste your money buying what you think is "real" Aventus. You have real Aventus....Fragrancenet does not sell fakes.

All your bottle needs is a little more time. It's common for certain Creeds to smell better over the next few months after they are sprayed.

My Green Irish Tweed smelled like nothing when I first sprayed it 8 years ago, now it smells great. Aventus was the same way. It now smells like the fragrance I thought I was buying, but it certainly didn't about a year ago.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Don't be too quick to waste your money buying what you think is "real" Aventus. You have real Aventus....Fragrancenet does not sell fakes.

All your bottle needs is a little more time. It's common for certain Creeds to smell better over the next few months after they are sprayed.

My Green Irish Tweed smelled like nothing when I first sprayed it 8 years ago, now it smells great. Aventus was the same way. It now smells like the fragrance I thought I was buying, but it certainly didn't about a year ago.
    Thanks Ages like Wine, eh :?

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post

THIS x1000. I was just over at the GIT batches thread and there's the same thing going on, with people spraying some initial sprays of a brand new full bottle (doesn't matter if it's a 2018 bottle or a new old stock 2016/2015 bottle) and they complain about a lack of smell/lack of longevity. But then, after doing more sprays, or living with the bottle for a week or so, it opens up.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdodo View Post
    Thanks Ages like Wine, eh :?
    Sounds absurd, I know. But there are too many people here that report certain Creeds "blossoming" in the bottle after time passes for there to be nothing to it.

Some here believe it....others don't. But there was just no doubt about it, for me.

I wouldn't say this phenomenon happens with ALL Creeds, but certain ones, yes.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626