Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Latest Davidoff - Run Wild!

Anyone get their hands on this one yet? Thoughts positive or negative?

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/463...=1#post4593314
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Latest Davidoff - Run Wild!

Yea I totally want this, purchased the second I find it

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post

That "American lavender" is probably coming from up here in Washington State. They grow a ton of it here and it even grows wild.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Aramis 900 by Aramis

Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    It looks awesome. I have a feeling it'll be very good!
    Currently wearing: Nightflight by Joop!

The bottle does look awesome, and the notes look pretty cool. Looks like it may wind up smelling similar to Obsession, but more linear? I really hope it turns out to be a type of modern barbershop fragrance, Going by the notes, and the bottle/color/design. The name of the fragrance is just stupid though.
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional

Will definitely try this one. Seem to have turned into a lavender fiend over the past year or so.

Freed from BN Institution

The box presentation looks simplistic and sleek, not bad.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by The People's Champ View Post
    Yea I totally want this, purchased the second I find it
    Likewise.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

The green bottle and the notes are very mid late 90s ish

Anything yet?
    Currently wearing: L'Insoumis by Lalique

Haven't seen it anywhere. Only thing that sucks is when these are listed it feels like it's 2 to 3 months til they show up.

It's on Notino along with matching shower gel! (And the women's version is on there too with shower gel & body lotion).

Awful...
    Another Bleu de Chanel type of perfume.
    A total disappointment...

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Montana View Post
    Awful...
    Appreciate the update. Still, would like to give it a try.

I'm all for scents that are "like" bleu de chanel

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The People's Champ View Post
    I'm all for scents that are "like" bleu de chanel
    Me too! My wife's fave. Those are the ones that she pulls out the wallet for!

In any case, very hard for me to understand how this:

Perfumers

Alexandra Carlin, Pierre-Constantin Guéros

Fragrance Notes

Top Notes
    Madagascar cinnamon
    Heart Notes
    American lavender
    Base Notes
    Fir balsam

can possibly smell like BdC, unless that pyramid is total crap, which it could actually be, but wow if so.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: TH Bold by Tommy Hilfiger

Unfortunately, it doesn't smell like BdC at all. This one is a poor quality Invictus clone.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Me too! My wife's fave. Those are the ones that she pulls out the wallet for!

In any case, very hard for me to understand how this:

Perfumers

Alexandra Carlin, Pierre-Constantin Guéros

Fragrance Notes

Top Notes
    Madagascar cinnamon
    Heart Notes
    American lavender
    Base Notes
    Fir balsam

can possibly smell like BdC, unless that pyramid is total crap, which it could actually be, but wow if so.
    BECAUSE

It doesn't smell like three dozen notes swirled into a totally-opaque $500 recreation of a perfume from 35 years ago, doesn't have super-challenging animalics, incense, or notes like oud in it to make people afraid and aroused simultaneously, doesn't contain oakmoss or mysore sandalwood and come from a stash of old hoarded perfume bottles released to eBay from an estate sale, isn't sold by a one-man-house who sells in batches on instagram, or come from a seventh son of a seventh son perfume house who made fragrances for Louis XIV from fountain water sourced at Versailles. These are the standards we set here at Basenotes Male Fragrance Discussion. Everything else not listed above is a clone of Aventus, Invictus, or Bleu de Chanel and should be immediately rejected without smelling says the "fragrance game" bros who know everything.

HOWEVER

If lavender is a primary accord, and it contains the usual amberwoody base type construction prevalent in the last decade, there is a huge chance it will be unremarkable. The thing to really watch is how the cinnamon plays with this stuff. because it could end up like an ambroxan take on The Third Man with that lavender and spice melange, or a cinnamon version of Azzaro Wanted (in lieu of the ginger). PS: I'm not jaded, I'm far too red for that.

I can imagine you running wild while wearing Run Wild! LOL.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    BECAUSE

It doesn't smell like three dozen notes swirled into a totally-opaque $500 recreation of a perfume from 35 years ago, doesn't have super-challenging animalics, incense, or notes like oud in it to make people afraid and aroused simultaneously, doesn't contain oakmoss or mysore sandalwood and come from a stash of old hoarded perfume bottles released to eBay from an estate sale, isn't sold by a one-man-house who sells in batches on instagram, or come from a seventh son of a seventh son perfume house who made fragrances for Louis XIV from fountain water sourced at Versailles. These are the standards we set here at Basenotes Male Fragrance Discussion. Everything else not listed above is a clone of Aventus, Invictus, or Bleu de Chanel and should be immediately rejected without smelling says the "fragrance game" bros who know everything.

HOWEVER

If lavender is a primary accord, and it contains the usual amberwoody base type construction prevalent in the last decade, there is a huge chance it will be unremarkable. The thing to really watch is how the cinnamon plays with this stuff. because it could end up like an ambroxan take on The Third Man with that lavender and spice melange, or a cinnamon version of Azzaro Wanted (in lieu of the ginger). PS: I'm not jaded, I'm far too red for that.
    Wanted By Night has a bandwagon! That's it!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: TH Bold by Tommy Hilfiger

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Wanted By Night has a bandwagon! That's it!
    I prefer the Dayquil Wanted myself. Non-drowsy ambrojuice for me plz.

There are some reviews of it at the Parfumo site. It sounds bad, but I would only buy blind if I read a whole bunch of good reviews and the price came way down, so I don't care one way or the other at this point. The three note pyramid is not a good sign, in my experience (and if taken at face value, suggests a nasty note clash, in terms of my preferences), which could mean some strong aroma chemicals are present. And to any notion that this is based upon vintage or hiche snobbery, I recently bought Free Wave by Hollister, the reasons being the notes looked good (ginger, pink pepper and lime; middle notes are moss, white iris and algae; base notes are ambergris, driftwood and cedar), there was a good review, and the price was very low. If I'm going to buy such fragrances blind, I'm only going to do it for very low prices, at least until there are a bunch of good reviews. Otherwise, my extra cash goes to vintage or select niche/exclusives (and even then, I hold out for low prices).

Awful...
    It is, and has hints of Invictus, Sauvage and others.
    But it is not awful - I rather enjoy it actually.
    It is not an edp and it is not designed to demand attention.
    Rather, an enjoyable variation on the names mentioned above meaning it is an ambroxan jus summer weight gentle.
    That said, I doubt it will ever hit. Expect it to become $19.99 at TJ Marshall Ross by Christmas.
    Waiting for Hednic's 8th star

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewthecologneguy View Post
    But it is not awful - I rather enjoy it actually.
    It is not an edp and it is not designed to demand attention.
    Rather, an enjoyable variation on the names mentioned above meaning it is an ambroxan jus summer weight gentle.
    Well that's nice to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    BECAUSE

This is the second time you are making indirect accusations about me (and you are referring to me because i am the only one who has smelled the perfume and wasn't impressed. The other person who has smelled it, Andrewthecologneguy, has the same opinion about the smell of it but on the contrary he likes it).
    The first time you have made negative comments about me (again without saying my name but pointing me with your "finger") it was a few months ago in the vintage forum.
    I have then decided to let it go and don't make a fuss out of it.
    You are talking about setting standards on Basenotes. Is this your understanding of standards?
    I am not your "bro" and have never pretend to know everything about fragrances like you very oft do.
    I do like vintage perfumes but that doesn't mean that i hate the rest of them. Have a look at my wardrobe and you will find out for yourself.
    I am not aware of any "fragrance game" or at least i am not part of it if it really exists.
    Before comment on other people's opinions about a perfume you should first smell the perfume yourself and have an opinion of your own.
    To my nose Running Wild is something between Bleu de Channel and Sauvage Dior. And even if i have a very great respect for all three companies i dislike all the 3 mentioned above. Nobody, especially you, wont stop me from expressing my opinions. Please mind your own business and don't comment again on me.
    Last edited by Monsieur Montana; 26th May 2019 at 11:36 AM.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

This is the second time you are making indirect accusations about me (and you are referring to me because i am the only one who has smelled the perfume and wasn't impressed. The other person who has smelled it, Andrewthecologneguy, has the same opinion about the smell of it but on the contrary he likes it).
    The first time you have made negative comments about me (again without saying my name but pointing me with your "finger") it was a few months ago in the vintage forum.
    I have then decided to let it go and don't make a fuss out of it.
    You are talking about setting standards on Basenotes. Is this your understanding of standards?
    I am not your "bro" and have never pretend to know everything about fragrances like you very oft do.
    I do like vintage perfumes but that doesn't mean that i hate the rest of them. Have a look at my wardrobe and you will find out for yourself.
    I am not aware of any "fragrance game" or at least i am not part of it if it really exists.
    Before comment on other people's opinions about a perfume you should first smell the perfume yourself and have an opinion of your own.
    To my nose Running Wild is something between Bleu de Channel and Sauvage Dior. And even if i have a very great respect for all three companies i dislike all the 3 mentioned above. Nobody, especially you, wont stop me from expressing my opinions. Please mind your own business and don't comment again on me.
    Honeychild, if I was talking about you, I would have quoted your post, but I didn't even read your post before making mine so you need to BACK OFF WITH THAT GARBAGE and stop making assumptions that everything is about you because guess what? EVERYTHING ISN'T ABOUT YOU.

You think I'm scared enough of confrontation to make a huge subtext post about the opinion of one person and not include them? Don't be silly. Typing out a huge paragraph about why I'm a bad person for hurting your feelings by accident for disagreeing with a post I didn't read is utterly insane.

I comment on the general sentiment I feel from these boards and I HAVE NEVER TARGETED INDIVIDUALS WITH MY COMMENTS. However, If you feel my words targets you, that's your own insecurity and honestly not my problem. I don't give a flying @#$% what you do and me having an opinion counter to yours isn't "trying to stop you" so GROW UP.

If you don't like what I have to say STICK ME ON YOUR BLOCK LIST instead of trying to make it my problem, because we weren't at odds before, but now I actually don't like you because of this childish display. It really isn't hard ignoring something you don't like, and I will continue to voice my opinion whether you like it or not so DO NOT DARE TELL ME WHAT TO DO because you haven't the right.

This is the internet, people have different perspectives than you. Deal with it or tune them out. I shouldn't have had to write this.

Finally got a chance to try this earlier today and although not my favorite Davidoff, did like it enough to pick up a bottle.

Finally got a chance to try this earlier today and although not my favorite Davidoff, did like it enough to pick up a bottle.
    Great to hear that! Sometimes you just have to "splurge," right?

Always be smelling

What are your thoughts on this? Reminds you of anything ?
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel