Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Dependent

Default What will be your go to summer fragrance?

It's been a while since I posted. Let me tell you this alcoholism is no joke! But almost got my 90 days.... 86 days today! Anyways back in the fragrance game. I've seen alot has change. Alot of new babies out there to give a try. With summer coming up was wondering what your go to will be. I'm debating on *Allure Homme Édition Blanche*or Aventus. Maybe both. What are yours?

Default Re: What will be your go to summer fragrance?

Keep up the good work!

For me, Hermès Eau des Merveilles will be the clear winner. Bright and salty and fascinating.

Eau Sauvage EDT will also get plenty of wear.
    Swap Thread | Sale Thread

Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

Mugler Cologne is my favorite summer fragrance.

Mine are going to be these three which are going to see a lot of use during the Summer:

Guerlain Vetiver - Fresh grassy green scent that smells like a Summer meadow. It's like your wearing and smelling the essence of Mother Nature bottled.

Guerlain l'eau Boisee - A fresh woody Vetiver with a good dose of lime. Lovely stuff, perfect for the Summer.

Eau de Rochas Homme - One of the most beautiful stunning citrus fragrances I have ever experienced. Gorgeous lemon and lime opening that leads to a herbal/floral middle with woods bringing up the rear. The price, bottle, quality and complexity are all there. The sprayer is also really good, you get a strong fine mist that goes wide so it covers more with one spray.
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    2. Guerlain Homme l'Eau Boisee
    3. Guerlain Vetiver
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Guerlain Homme l'eau Boisée, Mugler Cologne, Monsieur Balmain and Pomelo Paradis.
    I am very curious about the new Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme Sun.

I'll be rotating between Diptyque's Philosykos, Frapin's L"Humaniste, and Cool Water.

Dependent

Mancera Lemon Line
    Eau Sauvage Parfum - 2017 for daytime, 2012 for nighttime
    Patrick
    Colonia Essenza
    Philosykos EDP
    Prada L'Homme - because my GF loves this on me

Well mine used to be YSL Live Jazz until it got discontinued smfhhhh. Now idk maybe VIW
    Looking for CREED AVENTUS 4oz(120ml) Bottle PM ME, PAYPAL READY!!!- March 12,2018

Vetivers will come back in my rotation (sycomore, vetiver extarordinaire, and others).

Basenotes Junkie

Mugler Cologne
    Virgin Island Water
    Orange Sanguine

Quote Originally Posted by calilove View Post
    It's been a while since I posted. Let me tell you this alcoholism is no joke! But almost got my 90 days.... 86 days today!
    You should buy more fragrances, so you'll have no money left for alcohol
    P.S. Keep up with good work!

It's been a while since I posted. Let me tell you this alcoholism is no joke! But almost got my 90 days.... 86 days today! Anyways back in the fragrance game. I've seen alot has change. Alot of new babies out there to give a try. With summer coming up was wondering what your go to will be. I'm debating on *Allure Homme Édition Blanche*or Aventus. Maybe both. What are yours?
    A sincere congratulations to you! Awesome work, keep it up! Celebrate with scents!

Pacific Rock Moss will probably be used a lot.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

I like vetivers (Guerlain), citrus (Homme L'eau Boisee), some 'modern' colognes (Mugler Cologne, Allure Homme Sport Cologne), some aquatics (Acqua di Gio Profumo, Acqua di Gio Essenza) and some other stuff (Kouros, Havana, Insense).
    50 sprays a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread
    Currently wearing: Cool Water by Davidoff

Guerlain Vetiver, Penhaligon's Juniper Sling, Etro Palais Jamais, Guerlain Habit Rouge L'Eau
    Summer rotation : Guerlain Vetiver; Etro Palais Jamais and Shaal Nur; Penhaligon's Juniper Sling; Prada Infusion d'Iris EdP.
    Summer obsessions : Knize Knize Ten; Etro Gomma; Mona di Orio Cuir; Andy Tauer Lonestar Memories; Caron Yatagan
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Nothing particularly targeted from my stash. Any random choice will suffice for me. By the way - keep up the good work!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Junkie

Congratulations on your ongoing sobriety! That's an awesome achievement.

Here are my favorite summer scents, in no particular order:

Virgin Island Water
    Millesime Imperial
    Mandarino di Amalfi
    Costa Azzurra
    Aventus

I'll also be buying the new D&G Light Blue Sun, as that has a great scent profile for Summer, and should fit nicely into the above rotation.

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Numerous options for me which I am thankful for. I will reach for Xerjoff's, Roja's, Zegna's, Frederic Malle's and Maison Francis Kurkdijan's the most.
    Currently wearing: Oud Monarch by Bortnikoff

I have Mancera Cedrat Boise, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver and Guerlain L'eau Boisee.

I am thinking of adding a 4th (though the GV could be year round one and even the Cedrat Boisee) and from these:
    Mugler Cologne
    Mancera Lemon Line
    Guerlain L'eau.

I used to love Acqua di Parma Colonia and Comme des Garcons Vettiveru in summer.

Green Irish Tweed and Guerlain Vetiver. Also, getting acquainted with the new Terre D’Hermes Eau Intense Vetiver flanker.

Dior Homme Cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by bagerhat View Post
    Green Irish Tween and Guerlain Vetiver. Also, getting acquainted with the new Terre D’Hermes Eau Intense Vetiver flanker.
    I tried it and it was nice enough. However, I was looking for the Terre DNA in it and that flint/orange vibe going on is not present. Should have called it Hermes Eau Intense Vetiver. And with that, I prefer other Vetiver scents. Now if it got to the price of say the Guerlain, sure, grab it, but if not, I would and did pass on it. I have to try the Guerain Vetiver

MI, DHS, DHC, CAHEB, and Td'HETF are my summer starting lineup, but I mix it up.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

ADP colonia. Love the stuff.

Fragrance Du Bois - Oud Bleu Intense, Oud Vert Intense
    Xerjoff - Mefisto, Kobe, Renaissance
    Roja - Elysium Parfum, Midsummer Dream, Saudi Arabia, Vetiver Parfum
    MFK - Aqua Universalis Forte, Vitae Forte and Gentle Fluidty Silver
    Top 10 Seasonal Favorites - Spring 2019:
    Roja Oligarch
    Roja Elysium Extrait
    Roja Vetiver Extrait
    Roja Saudi Arabia
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Mefisto
    Xerjoff Renaissance
    MFK Gentle Fluidity Silver
    Fragrance Du Bois Oud Bleu Intense
    Fragrance Du Bois Oud Vert Intense

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Mine are going to be these three which are going to see a lot of use during the Summer:

Guerlain Vetiver - Fresh grassy green scent that smells like a Summer meadow. It's like your wearing and smelling the essence of Mother Nature bottled.

Guerlain l'eau Boisee - A fresh woody Vetiver with a good dose of lime. Lovely stuff, perfect for the Summer.

Eau de Rochas Homme - One of the most beautiful stunning citrus fragrances I have ever experienced. Gorgeous lemon and lime opening that leads to a herbal/floral middle with woods bringing up the rear. The price, bottle, quality and complexity are all there. The sprayer is also really good, you get a strong fine mist that goes wide so it covers more with one spray.
    Jack, What other fragrances would you compare Eau de Rochas PH to? I owned it a few years ago but sold it as it didn't do much for me. It was the vintage bottle too. I don't know how it compares to Bowling Green but when choosing summer scents BG was more enjoyable for me to wear over the EdR PH.

I have the other two you mentioned and agree they are great warm weather scents. I will be rotating them along with Eau D'Orange Vert and Mugler Cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Jack, What other fragrances would you compare Eau de Rochas PH to? I owned it a few years ago but sold it as it didn't do much for me. It was the vintage bottle too. I don't know how it compares to Bowling Green but when choosing summer scents BG was more enjoyable for me to wear over the EdR PH.

I have the other two you mentioned and agree they are great warm weather scents. I will be rotating them along with Eau D'Orange Vert and Mugler Cologne.
    I have the current one, it's reminiscent of Midsummer Night Dream by Roja Dove. They both share lemon, pine, lime and have some floral in their dna, and also have that uplifting happy feeling when you wear it vibe. I have read a few people mention the vintage smelled dated because of the oakmoss though I cannot say for myself as I have not smelled the vintage. What I can say is the modern current one which is what I have smells clean and modern to my nose without any oakmoss that I can smell. Great stuff!
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    2. Guerlain Homme l'Eau Boisee
    3. Guerlain Vetiver

Kudos and power to you.
    Oooh, going through this thread has got me wanting to claw back some I dont have anymore - Guerlains Vetiver for instance!
    TF GV will get some wear, and I'm thinking Bright Neroli (can't praise enough for 4711 lovers!) and Lalique White.
    So far... couple of months till summer kicks in proper here = couple of months to acquire some more!
    Currently wearing: Worth pour Homme by Worth

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Tic Tac Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.
    Blog Entries

I'm expecting to be wearing a lot of these this summer:

Castile
    Les Exclusifs Eau De Cologne
    Aqua Universalis

And also Royal Oud, because humidity is very low in summer where I live. Royal Oud wears well in a dry heat.

P.S. Congrats to you, OP!
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    CK One
    Fahrenheit
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Prada L'Homme
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Green Irish Tweed
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Pomelo Paradis
    Aqua Celestia
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

I have many of the beach scents from Bond No. 9 I like to rotate in the summer.
    Currently wearing: Hamptons by Bond No. 9

My daily wear lineup will largely consist of:

Tous Man Sport
    Azzaro PH Summer Edition
    Moschino Uomo
    Fahrenheit Aqua
    Millesime Imperial
    Currently wearing: Tous Man Sport by Tous

Well, I have many great summer fragrances. Probably more of them than colder weather fragrances.

But I just bought another nice one....especially if you're into citrus (more specifically grapefruit) fragrances.

It's Nicolai's L’Eau de Sport (which was formerly named Balle de Match). What a great fragrance for a warm day....especially after the grapefruit dies down a bit and it becomes just more of a pleasing, indescribable fruity citrus scent.

My other two favorite grapefruit scents are Creed's Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse and Atelier Cologne's Pomelo Paradis. But L'Eau de Sport doesn't take a back seat to either one of them.

One thing I enjoy about Parfums de Nicolai is the cost (nice cost for quality ingredients), and also that they give you the option of getting a small 30 ml bottle of just about anything in their line for around the same price per ml of a larger bottle. Other houses would do well to do the same thing.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626