Code of Conduct

Default Dior, Chanel, Lutens, Goutal changes at the new Ogilvy in Montréal

While attending the inauguration of the Guerlain area in the newly renovated store, now called Holt Renfrew Ogilvy, I also briefly checked out a couple of other brands. Two changes of note: Dior now has all their exclusive perfumes available (photo below) and the Chanel Exclusifs have been let loose from the Chanel boutique and can now be found here.

ACBE0FD2-9F14-4736-8D9F-E243FB32855C.jpg

I did not know there were so many Diors in this series. Tested a couple and liked one called Souffle de Soie (or perhaps it’s the name I liked ) but there’s a lot more testing work to be done here! For instance, I want to test their Gardenia vs. Chanel’s. Can anyone comment on this comparison?

The classic Diors were tucked away in a far corner and scents such as Diorissimo, Diorella, Diorama, original Miss Dior, Dioressence, were not to be found. There were a few men’s scents like versions of Dior Homme and Sauvage in that corner. Will ask about the fate of those another time.

The interesting news about the Chanel Exclusifs is that for the first time, on April 26th, they said, there is going to be a promotional event for them. (Potential deals as yet unknown.)

The main changes in Serge Lutens is the bottles are blacker, more “fallable” and more expensive than ever. The advantage of the new bottles is you could fit more in your display; the disadvantage is you would knock them all over!

In Annick Goutal, the name is now only Goutal and the transition to the new packaging has been conpleted.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

Default Re: Dior, Chanel, Lutens, Goutal changes at the new Ogilvy in Montréal

Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post

The main changes in Serge Lutens is the bottles are blacker, more “fallable” and more expensive than ever. The advantage of the new bottles is you could fit more in your display; the disadvantage is you would knock them all over!

In Annick Goutal, the name is now only Goutal and the transition to the new packaging has been conpleted.
    The Lutens range is getting quite confusing, i.e. there are versions of old favourites being sold in cylindrical black bottles at about £400 -- not sure what that's all about

Goutal seems to have reformulated most of the fragrances to go with the new packaging

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    The Lutens range is getting quite confusing, i.e. there are versions of old favourites being sold in cylindrical black bottles at about £400 -- not sure what that's all about

Goutal seems to have reformulated most of the fragrances to go with the new packaging
    Yup. $450 (+ about $66 tax) here.

Dependent

Yup. $450 (+ about $66 tax) here.
    Thank God I picked up my favorites years ago, back when they were more affordable ! Whew !
    Currently wearing: Daim Blond by Serge Lutens

Blog Entries

Will definitely be stalking Chanel’s website for information of this promotional event!!

Thanks for all the updates!

Dior's Collection Privee is really upsetting. They've filled it up with countless bottles of pale wan dross, which by their own admission is marketed for Asia, crowded it so full out hardly seems exclusive, and purged it of any interesting content (like the undeserving Mitzah, Eau Noire and Leather Oud). Exclusive? If anything they classic line which they try to hide away are now far more interesting than these unimaginative, anemic liquids.

I long to see the day when M. Demarchy churns out anything as interesting as Poison, Eau Savage, Dune, Addict, Diorissimo, Diorella etc etc. Don't get me started on his Joy. /rant

Freed from BN Institution

Glad to hear of this new location as well as the brands that are to be present.

I wonder if Luxury brands like Xerjoff and Roja Dove will find their way into the store?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Two changes of note: Dior now has all their exclusive perfumes available (photo below)
    ACBE0FD2-9F14-4736-8D9F-E243FB32855C.jpg

I did not know there were so many Diors in this series. Tested a couple and liked one called Souffle de Soie (or perhaps it’s the name I liked ) but there’s a lot more testing work to be done here!
    Did Santal Noir from Dior make it to Canada?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I’m making a note of the questions posed to check out next visit and report. It was too overwhelming to take in a lot if details first trip.

By the way, among the Lutens there is also a group in the $700+ price range. The justification given was they are a high concentration.

By the way, among the Lutens there is also a group in the $700+ price range. The justification given was they are a high concentration.
    I wonder if this is going to be their own exclusive collection. Most notable houses have an exclusive collection nowadays.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I wonder if this is going to be their own exclusive collection. Most notable houses have an exclusive collection nowadays.
    I think it has existed for a while. If I am not mistaken, it's called the "Section D'Or" line and there are about eight fragrances.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Report on questions:

Glad to hear of this new location as well as the brands that are to be present.

I wonder if Luxury brands like Xerjoff and Roja Dove will find their way into the store?
    Was there today with cazaubon and no Roja or Xerjoff to be found. Not many niche brands, mostly mainstream, some with exclusive lines.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Did Santal Noir from Dior make it to Canada?
    They don’t have it; seems it was only made for the Middle-East.

The classic Diors not found last time were hidden behind a counter; they have a few.

Report on questions:

Was there today with cazaubon and no Roja or Xerjoff to be found. Not many niche brands, mostly mainstream, some with exclusive lines.

The classic Diors not found last time were hidden behind a counter; they have a few.
    That's wonderful that you got to spend time with Cazaubon. Did she get a fragrance as a birthday gift?

Appreciate the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by zachong View Post
    Dior's Collection Privee is really upsetting. They've filled it up with countless bottles of pale wan dross, which by their own admission is marketed for Asia, crowded it so full out hardly seems exclusive, and purged it of any interesting content (like the undeserving Mitzah, Eau Noire and Leather Oud). Exclusive? If anything they classic line which they try to hide away are now far more interesting than these unimaginative, anemic liquids.

I long to see the day when M. Demarchy churns out anything as interesting as Poison, Eau Savage, Dune, Addict, Diorissimo, Diorella etc etc. Don't get me started on his Joy. /rant
    I have to agree, Zachong. The Dior display reminds me of a shelf of cleaning products at Target.
    Currently wearing: Joy by Jean Patou

That's wonderful that you got to spend time with Cazaubon. Did she get a fragrance as a birthday gift?
    No fragrances were purchased by us. You can ask her about any gifts.

I went over to check the Estée Lauder setup, which is like a little booth. They had a few skin care products out but the only perfumes visible were the Aerin line, with several scents (did not explore) but there were no classic Lauders in sight.

Coming to think of it, I did not see any Aramis men’s scents either, which had a prominent presence in the former Holt Renfrew men’s perfume department. Not sure what’s happening with those lines.

In general the perfumes are now arranged by brand and as such men's scents are a little lost among the majority marketed for women. Only in Creed and Hermès were the men’s scents prominently displayed up front.

Basenotes Plus

The classic Diors were tucked away in a far corner and scents such as Diorissimo, Diorella, Diorama, original Miss Dior, Dioressence, were not to be found.
    there were no classic Lauders in sight.

Coming to think of it, I did not see any Aramis men’s scents either.

Words can hardly express my despair.

Sometimes, regarding perfume, I can empathize with that baby!

As it turns out, Cook.bot, they do have the classic Diors—in a box behind the counter— for “connaisseuses,” to quote the SA.

Quote Originally Posted by zachong View Post
    countless bottles of pale wan dross
    I love this quote.

I'm glad Montreal has finally caught up with Toronto's selection! Although I think our Dior counter (at Saks) isn't nearly as impressive. I haven't gone to the main Holt's in some time - now I have a reason to!

Basenotes Plus

As it turns out, Cook.bot, they do have the classic Diors—in a box behind the counter
    Well, I guess that's some comfort. Or would be, if they had been better stewards of their classic feminines. Diorling, we hardly knew ye.

— for “connaisseuses,” to quote the SA.
    Oh, is that what we are? Or is that just French for "grumpy old-timers"?