Code of Conduct

Lightbulb Perfume Trivia for Your Perfume Brains

I'm a big fan of Sporcle and I was sad there weren't more perfume quizzes so I made some! Hope you enjoy. I'll die of shock if anyone gets 100% on the Turin/Sanchez one...

https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/un...erfume-quizzes
    Currently wearing: Équipage by Hermès

Default Re: Perfume Trivia for Your Perfume Brains

84 out of 100% and only due to being both in a hurry and rather inattentive
    Currently wearing: Citrus & Wood by Yardley

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Women's scents - Yikes! Instant fail for me!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

87% on mainstream
    98% on niche

Didn’t realize there’s a timer...
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

Nice! Taking them more than once is totally kosher (I say this because I am trying to learn all the world capitals and let's just say it's taking MANY attempts)

Fun! Thanks.

I also didn’t pay enough attention to the first one. I’d figured it out by the second

I did best on the niche. Sanchez and Turin was the hardest.
    Chypreish”:
    /ˈSHēpRAiSH/
    adjective
    (of a person or expression) to be desirous of an abundance of chypre.
    "Today, she was feeling chypreish”

Great stuff!

Very niche Sporcle category, but definitely one I'm glad to see. Thanks for making the effort.

And I got smoked on women's scents, as was expected.

Basenotes Junkie

I got pretty high scores on both of the sorting perfumes by house quizzes (at least eighty something percent on both..I think I may have got only two or three wrong on the first one...non-niche.) On the Turin/Sanchez five Star reviews quiz, I only managed to get 41 percent though! :/ (Almost the average score mind you!)
    For some reason I thought I recalled that they completely panned Estee Lauder's "Beyond Paradise!" I actually always loved that one, and I thought they said they hated it. I was probably thinking of someone else's reviews here on Basenotes lol! I also thought I distinctly recalled that they panned Opium as well! Which I also love..so I remembered that their review annoyed me! But again..maybe I was thinking of someone else's review?? I actually got "Caron Pour Un Homme"..but I kept typing "Caron Pour Homme" or "Pour Homme" so the silly quiz wouldn't accept my answer. And..I spelled L'Heure Bleue wrong, more than once, so it wouldn't accept that answer either. And..I should have got Apres L'Ondee but I completely forgot about that one! So..I probably should have scored slightly higher than I did, but I still got over half of them left blank, and they were things I didn't even know or remember! lol

Thanks for the notes! I went back and changed it to accept "Pour Homme" and some common misspellings of bleue. I can't in good conscience hold English speakers responsible for that string of vowels. (Although, I seem to have no problem making them try to spell MoslBuddJewChrisHinDao, which I'm pretty sure is the #1 reason no one will ever get 100% on this, including me.)