Code of Conduct

Default Valentino V Pour Homme VS Escada Pour Homme EdP (or vintage EdT) !

Greetings vintage family !

I know, two different fragrances...but still don't know which one is more worthy as a collector piece, having more personality, character, depth etc.

Your opinion ?! Choose only ONE and explain why in 3 lines maximum.
    The one that reaches 50 votes is the winner.

Thank you, kindly !
    All the best...

Deleanu,
    One person's craziness is other person's reality !
    Currently wearing: Jules by Christian Dior

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Valentino V Pour Homme VS Escada Pour Homme EdP (or vintage EdT) !

Escada Pour Homme vintage EdT

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Escada Pour Homme vintage EdT
    I heard that vintage EdT with big EE on front is as good as EdP version, right ?

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Well, Escada Homme (1993) in small 2.5oz bottles has hit Creed prices, while the bigger ones top out at $1,500 (wow), plus it compares to Guerlain Héritage, so for full "unicorn clout" with the vintage community, it is the better choice. Valentino V Pour Homme (2006) was a sweet pink pepper and floral scent with an orange top and soft musk base, and is very "modern designer" by comparison, but also has started nipping at the heels of luxury pricing. You'll be wholly underwhelmed by the Valentino if you are buying to use, but even for an unused/unopened collector's specimen to potentially profit from in arbitrage later on, the Escada is still better, just with a much higher point of entry. You're basically buying Amazon stock late in the game at this point.
    oh look, I have a signature

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Well, Escada Homme (1993) in small 2.5oz bottles has hit Creed prices, while the bigger ones top out at $1,500 (wow), plus it compares to Guerlain Héritage, so for full "unicorn clout" with the vintage community, it is the better choice. Valentino V Pour Homme (2006) was a sweet pink pepper and floral scent with an orange top and soft musk base, and is very "modern designer" by comparison, but also has started nipping at the heels of luxury pricing. You'll be wholly underwhelmed by the Valentino if you are buying to use, but even for an unused/unopened collector's specimen to potentially profit from in arbitrage later on, the Escada is still better, just with a much higher point of entry. You're basically buying Amazon stock late in the game at this point.
    Let the rats chew on those helium pumped prices...

Welp, thing is that I own both; Escada EdP but I have like ~25/125ml and V is 100ml full...

I wanted to know if I should sell or swap my V for back-up of Escada !?

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deleanu View Post
    Let the rats chew on those helium pumped prices...

Welp, thing is that I own both; Escada EdP but I have like ~25/125ml and V is 100ml full...

I wanted to know if I should sell or swap my V for back-up of Escada !?
    You'd need to sell a handful of Roja Dove or Clive Christian scents just for one bottle these days. Might as well savor that Escada while you can and look into Guerlain Héritage (probably the EDP) for a replacement proxy.

You'd need to sell a handful of Roja Dove or Clive Christian scents just for one bottle these days. Might as well savor that Escada while you can and look into Guerlain Héritage (probably the EDP) for a replacement proxy.
    Oh well, Heritage EdP is high on my Guerlain wishlist (for men) along with Derby...

So, if I'm lucky to find someone to swap it, I will do it right away and look arround for Heritage after ?

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Oh well, Heritage EdP is high on my Guerlain wishlist (for men) along with Derby...

So, if I'm lucky to find someone to swap it, I will do it right away and look arround for Heritage after ?
    To be honest, much of the reason Escada has become a house of unicorns is like Balenciaga, they dropped ALL their men's fragrances.
    Valentino on the other hand is like Coach, where a series of false-starts and reboots had them continuously flushing out their fragrances until this most-recent set of men's and women's lines.

To be honest, much of the reason Escada has become a house of unicorns is like Balenciaga, they dropped ALL their men's fragrances.
    Valentino on the other hand is like Coach, where a series of false-starts and reboots had them continuously flushing out their fragrances until this most-recent set of men's and women's lines.
    Indeed...

Is it worth to own both ? Talking about EPH and Heritage EdP vintage ! or what would you choose from those two and ...why...

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Indeed...

Is it worth to own both ? Talking about EPH and Heritage EdP vintage ! or what would you choose from those two and ...why...
    I only recall Escada from memory because friends had it in the early 00's before it got unicorned. All I remember is semi-powdery citrus ambery, but a lot of folks say it compares to Héritage, which is something I have smelled much more recently, and that isn't a bad comparison considering Héritage is an amazing scent. I recommend the EDP because the modern EDT is thinner than I remember the Escada being. Ssdly my memory isn't accurate enough after a decade or I'd review it. Escada Homme is the only one of the two I'd like to see back in production.

Valentino V Pour Homme just struck me as mall juice back when I saw it (because the mall is where I tested it), and it ran contemporary with things like YSL L'Homme and Versace Pour Homme, which were all in the same sort of Iso E wheelhouse as Valentino V. That one is literally only a unicorn because of online hype right around the time it got canned in favor of the Valentino Uomo series. Bottles disappeared from discounters and eBay listings hit over 3 digits in 6 months after getting axed (and now they're pushing past $300). Valentino V had more love after DCing than before.

I only recall Escada from memory because friends had it in the early 00's before it got unicorned. All I remember is semi-powdery citrus ambery, but a lot of folks say it compares to Héritage, which is something I have smelled much more recently, and that isn't a bad comparison considering Héritage is an amazing scent. I recommend the EDP because the modern EDT is thinner than I remember the Escada being. Ssdly my memory isn't accurate enough after a decade or I'd review it. Escada Homme is the only one of the two I'd like to see back in production.

Valentino V Pour Homme just struck me as mall juice back when I saw it (because the mall is where I tested it), and it ran contemporary with things like YSL L'Homme and Versace Pour Homme, which were all in the same sort of Iso E wheelhouse as Valentino V. That one is literally only a unicorn because of online hype right around the time it got canned in favor of the Valentino Uomo series. Bottles disappeared from discounters and eBay listings hit over 3 digits in 6 months after getting axed (and now they're pushing past $300). Valentino V had more love after DCing than before.

Oh well, I'll go with Escada back-up so far...
    (Hope that I'll find someone to swap my V

P.S: ...And hunt an vintage Heritage EdP for Guerlain museum !

Wearing Perfume Right Now

I've tried Escada Pour Homme. I think it was an edt.

I liked it a lot. I also think there are plenty of replacements that are somewhat similar and/or equally good, Versace L'Homme to name one, but things like Pacoma Gatsby and Davidoff Zino also cover some of the same ground, or maybe Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui or French Line.

Heritage doesn't have as much grit as these, to my nose, so it's not as much in the group, but I still see the link.

I haven't tried the Valentino.

I would choose Escada Pour Homme over Heritage edt or edp because I like its masculine roughness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I've tried Escada Pour Homme. I think it was an edt.

I liked it a lot. I also think there are plenty of replacements that are somewhat similar and/or equally good, Versace L'Homme to name one, but things like Pacoma Gatsby and Davidoff Zino also cover some of the same ground, or maybe Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui or French Line.

Heritage doesn't have as much grit as these, to my nose, so it's not as much in the group, but I still see the link.

I haven't tried the Valentino.

I would choose Escada Pour Homme over Heritage edt or edp because I like its masculine roughness.
    Versace L'Homme ?
    ODLR PL ?

I don't find them any close (smell-wise)...maybe in terms of quality !

Zino, yeah, has some connections.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Versace L'Homme ?
    ODLR PL ?

I don't find them any close (smell-wise)...maybe in terms of quality !

Zino, yeah, has some connections.
    Fair enough. I'm glad I got one!

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Fair enough. I'm glad I got one!

Enjoy it !

Any other opinions ?
    Last edited by Deleanu; 9th April 2019 at 01:24 PM.

Always be smelling

Only tried Escada. Found it to be Chanel PM Concentree (vintage )wannabe.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Spice and Wood by Creed

EPH the better scent, but these are apples and oranges.