Code of Conduct

Default Jardanel - Jean Desprez ?

I was lucky enough to find an extrait of this rare fragrance.
    It is stunning...in a green, leathery way.

It's hard to find information regarding this dark horse. Release dates vary enormously. Basenotes states 1973. Fragrantica says 1917. Parfumo admits there is a lot of confusion regarding release dates for this, but goes on to say that it was re-released in 1973 as a limited edtion and cites 1938/1942 and 1944 as possible release dates.

Judging by the design and simple style of my flacon I would err on the on the much earlier release date of 1917.

If anyone can shed more light on this amazing perfume I would be very grateful !
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare decants and 1 ml samples available, including Djedi/Nombre Noir/Original Patou Pour Homme/Basala etc...

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Jardanel - Jean Desprez ?

The 1972/73 relaunch was reputedly created for Stanley Marcus, head of Neiman-Marcus and author of the aptly named autobiography, Minding the Store. Because that relaunch was orchestrated as a retour au classique, the somewhat pear-shaped flacon of that version looks more retro than its true vintage.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post

Judging by the design and simple style of my flacon I would err on the on the much earlier release date of 1917.!
    Would love to see a photo of your extrait, if you could manage it.

Google images shows me mostly what I assume is the 1970s relaunch, a bottlle shaped somewhat like a grandfather clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Would love to see a photo of your extrait, if you could manage it.

Google images shows me mostly what I assume is the 1970s relaunch, a bottlle shaped somewhat like a grandfather clock.
    I have a photo of it on my desktop. I've clicked on 'insert an image from computer' but I can't work out how to do it. If you can explain I will try !!! (I'm useless with computers).
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare decants and 1 ml samples available, including Djedi/Nombre Noir/Original Patou Pour Homme/Basala etc...