Code of Conduct

Default Natural Isolates Apricot, apple, pear, etc

I keep seeing these at aroma chemical suppliers but it looks like food flavoring... they are suspiciously the same as what the wine flavor houses sell. Are these new aroma extracts or not?

Default Re: Natural Isolates Apricot, apple, pear, etc

Never mind - I see on P.A. they have some made by Robertet. The other sites were giving this weird description that it is a proprietary blend of isolates by distillers in france and it made me worry, it sounded too similar to descriptions on some of the flavor sites.
    Well I hope they are 'real' - Perfumer's Apprentice has them per gram a fraction of the price of the other places I saw.

Basenotes Plus

Thea, there are many products for the flavor industry, that are natural, so called "isolates" are in that category, only produced so that the title "natural" can be placed on labels.
    And their cost is 10X -20X the price of the regular molecule, but you likely know this.
    "Extracts" also are produced for the Flavor side, especially for fruits, but there are nearly useless for fragrances.
    Even Robertet's fragrance materials, of fruits, like for example, their Pineapple, is awful, even though for fragrance.
    The analogous comparison is between the absolute of a flower and the fragrance product by Robertet, and the headspace gc of the flower or fruit.
    The extraction rarely smells like the fresh flower or fruit, it is just sort of in that general direction, and to get the true odor, you must build it molecule by molecule, to get the real odor that you smell from the fresh. Hence, that's why I built my own Perfect Pineapple Base, because the Robertet Pineapple was so awful.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

I was after plum materials, cannot find over half, and then looked for plum or apricot extract... was willing to go with food extract. So I find on etsy, aftelier, and white lotus they are selling these fruit isolates, but so pricey so I was glad to find the same thing on perfumers apprentice. But thanks for the heads up on smell, I had a few in my cart now will just try apricot hoping to get something of plum start.

Yeah, the pineapple, sure would like but every time I go to PSH something happens to anger me and I end up somewhere else. Last time I needed just a couple of things and the pineapple and they didn't have PEA so I had to go elsewhere, but it was like, really? Then the search bar thing... I always hated how it erased my search and I had to do it over, until I figured out after 50 visits you have to click right or it will get lost. I know they do carry specialty stuff ...maybe I will head there and look for plum or cocoa as well.

Basenotes Plus

PSH isn't going to carry that which can be easily found elsewhere. Common materials is not the business model.

I don't have my Plum base at PSH yet., Nor my Pear base. But they are coming. Should I send my Apricot base too?

Do you get mad easily?
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Oh yeah I got so mad when I smelled the root beer! The money I wasted on craap! What just HAPPENED? Why is this my only good chemical? I went through days of that and it took RSG agreeing to make me feel better. Yes, Paul. make me mad... I want to be furious at Robertet for selling a substandard apricot.