Code of Conduct

Default NEW Caswell-Massey Yellowstone line of "fragrance tonic"

If anyone gets a nose on any of these please post your thoughts about it here.
    They are described in the New Releases thread above and seem to have some unusual notes.
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

Default Re: NEW Caswell-Massey Yellowstone line of "fragrance tonic"

Quote Originally Posted by Zilpha View Post
    If anyone gets a nose on any of these please post your thoughts about it here.
    They are described in the New Releases thread above and seem to have some unusual notes.
    I'm supposed to have some samples coming and if/when I get them, I'll post my thoughts about them. They sound very much like they are attempting a Juniper Ridge-like vibe now that Juniper Ridge is seemingly (and unfortunately) backing away from having a serious fragrance line. Caswell-Massey appears very much in flux these days but they are obviously trying to push the company in a good direction and a few of their recent perfume releases (VIC, ROS, LX-48) are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I'm supposed to have some samples coming and if/when I get them, I'll post my thoughts about them. They sound very much like they are attempting a Juniper Ridge-like vibe now that Juniper Ridge is seemingly (and unfortunately) backing away from having a serious fragrance line. Caswell-Massey appears very much in flux these days but they are obviously trying to push the company in a good direction and a few of their recent perfume releases (VIC, ROS, LX-48) are really good.
    Okay, I just got my samples today in very nice little bottles with rollers for application, which was a very nice classy touch. I was totally wrong about them perhaps having something in common with Juniper Ridge. They have absolutely nothing in common with them. They also have nothing in common with the other really good new Caswell-Massey perfumes I mentioned. In fairness, these are much less expensive than those so I don't want to be ridiculous in my expectations and I am enjoying one of the five - Old Faithful, which has a vaguely Terre d'Hermes vibe. I might consider a full bottle of that one. It's certainly very pleasant. Lake isn't bad, but nothing I would ever wear. It's an aquatic with a slight musky quality. Canyon is a harsher relative of New West. Tower Fall is just strange. I can't decide whether I find it interesting or unpleasant. I would be interested in hearing other people's opinions on this one. I can't smell Mamouth much at all.

Edit: Old Faithful, Lake, and Canyon survived a shower, so longevity is excellent on those three. Old Faithful remains the one I think is a keeper.
    Last edited by Tonyprince; 13th April 2019 at 11:48 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Interesting. Kinda glad to hear they're not in the Juniper Ridge style, to be perfectly honest. That style is fascinating but ultimately not all that wearable.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Voile de Jasmin by Bulgari

Basenotes Institution

I don't see samples for sale on their website.

They are calling them Fragrance Tonics, so I sort of expected them to wear like Eaux de Colognes...whereas it sounds like they wear like EdT's.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Habit Rouge by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I don't see samples for sale on their website.

They are calling them Fragrance Tonics, so I sort of expected them to wear like Eaux de Colognes...whereas it sounds like they wear like EdT's.
    They are EdTs despite the misleading name which is meant to appeal to people who don't wear perfume. I wrote asking if they planned to offer a sample set of the line and they responded by making me a set and sending it.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    They are EdTs despite the misleading name which is meant to appeal to people who don't wear perfume. I wrote asking if they planned to offer a sample set of the line and they responded by making me a set and sending it.
    Interesting. Thanks!
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Habit Rouge by Guerlain