Code of Conduct

Default clues for fruit tinctures

Hi people,

I would like to experiment some fruit tinctures (mango and passion fruit). As I read on many threads water seems to be the main problem. Maybe freeze-dry the fruits would be part of the solution but during the sublimation phase wouldn't the top notes go away?
    What about separate the alcohol and the water at the end. Freezing the tincture would do it? As the alcohol doesn't freeze but the water does? Or what about puting the tincture in a jar with Molecular Sieve Desiccant? It should absorb the water?

I'd like to find a solution because the chemical reproduction aren't close of the real smell. I could try to make my own composition but I haven't found any chromatography for mango and passion fruit.

Thanks in advance for your knowledges.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: clues for fruit tinctures

I could argue with you about the beautiful mango base that I made. Or about the Passion fruit bases that I have from IFF and Firmenich, that are so good, that I don;'t need to compete with them.

But I'll tell you that you would need to tincture the freeze dried fruits. And don't expect anything particularly interesting or usable. It will be 'sort of" the fruit in question, but that's about it. It's a lot of work, time, materials, with so little success to show for it.

But I don't need to tell you how to think, go ahead and try it out, and decide for yourself.

Then you'll come to buy my Mango base instead.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Thanks for your answer.

You make me curious. Where can I buy your bases? I would like to test. I cannot find any on your webpage.

Basenotes Plus

This is my mango base:
    https://perfumersupplyhouse.com/prod...ngo-exclusive/

PSH also has the very good firmenich passion fruit base. And my pineapple and long lasting lemon bases.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.