Code of Conduct

Default Glenn Perri Unpredictable Adventure - how close to the real thing?

I was at some outlet stores with the lady earlier this week and tried Unpredictable Adventure at a small perfume shop. (The place was a hoot, all the testers they had out were Lomanis and Thalliums and other Amazon bargain bin classics they wanted $60 for). I have no experience whatsoever with Aventus but I was blown away by how much I enjoyed this juice. There were a few "off" moments in the early heart that smelled like vinyl or WD40 or a cleaning product of some sort but the overall effect was nice and unlike any designer I'd smelled before. Had decent 6-8 hour longevity and a drydown I didn't want to end.

Unpredictable Adventure seems to be one of the lowest rated Aventus clones, can anyone who owns both tell me if what I experienced that day was even close to the real thing?
    Currently wearing: Deep Forest by Bogner

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Glenn Perri Unpredictable Adventure - how close to the real thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauer_Haus View Post
    I was at some outlet stores with the lady earlier this week and tried Unpredictable Adventure at a small perfume shop. (The place was a hoot, all the testers they had out were Lomanis and Thalliums and other Amazon bargain bin classics they wanted $60 for).
    Can't comment on the thread question, but just wanted to say all those fragrances you cited (French mass-market scents) that one can find in those small perfume shops in outlets for outrageous inflated prices can be found for $10 or less cash, in the Wholesale Fragrance District in NYC.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Can't comment on the thread question, but just wanted to say all those fragrances you cited (French mass-market scents) that one can find in those small perfume shops in outlets for outrageous inflated prices can be found for $10 or less cash, in the Wholesale Fragrance District in NYC.
    Thanks hednic, I'm in the city often enough to keep that on my radar. Actually I believe the fragrance I mentioned in the OP is one of those French mass-market fragrances you speak of, as Glenn Perri is made in France and generally very cheap online. Still, a shame to think of all the people who don't know better getting swindled by that store and others like it.

Glenn Perri isn't even a recognized fragrance line on Fragrantica OR Basenotes I'll assume it's hot garbage and save my $20

Thanks hednic, I'm in the city often enough to keep that on my radar. Actually I believe the fragrance I mentioned in the OP is one of those French mass-market fragrances you speak of, as Glenn Perri is made in France and generally very cheap online. Still, a shame to think of all the people who don't know better getting swindled by that store and others like it.
    It's actually under ownership of Geparlys with more info about Glenn Perri: http://www.geparlys.com/en/glenn-per...ble-men-8.html
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    It's actually under ownership of Geparlys with more info about Glenn Perri: http://www.geparlys.com/en/glenn-per...ble-men-8.html
    Wow, thank you for digging that up. Information about this house is scarce. Hard to tell from the website whether the Geparlys sub-brands are all clone houses or if there are some original compositions in there.

Wow, thank you for digging that up. Information about this house is scarce. Hard to tell from the website whether the Geparlys sub-brands are all clone houses or if there are some original compositions in there.
    You're welcome. My guess is that it's probably a little of both.